ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 02:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: RBA discoveries  (Read 42339 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »

Don't you mean Light Arrows?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this didn't happen for me. Once I acquired the ice/light arrows normally, my duped bottles were changed into the unused ice/light arrow items.

I meant Ice Arrow.
I first did RBA over Light Arrow / Ice Arrow (I can not remember which one), then after that I got the bow. It did not share slot with the bow, giving me an extra slot...

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »

I meant Ice Arrow.

That doesn't make sense, since Bottle on B as a child seems necessary to get the LIGHT arrows slot replaced (since magic beans must be on II), while you can just put the hookshot on II for the Ice Arrows slot if you play through normally.

I first did RBA over Light Arrow / Ice Arrow (I can not remember which one), then after that I got the bow. It did not share slot with the bow, giving me an extra slot...

....I know? You already said that. Is there some kind of language barrier here? >_>

What I'm saying is that once I obtained the light/ice arrows AFTER duping their slots, my duped bottles were replaced by the unused elemental arrow items (the ones that can be freely equipped without being combined to the bow, and act like the bow+elemental arrow when used).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:07:50 AM by corneliab » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:57 AM »

That doesn't make sense, since Bottle on B as a child seems necessary to get the LIGHT arrows slot replaced (since magic beans must be on II), while you can just put the hookshot on II for the Ice Arrows slot if you play through normally.

....I know? You already said that. Is there some kind of language barrier here? >_>

What I'm saying is that once I obtained the light/ice arrows AFTER duping their slots, my duped bottles were replaced by the unused elemental arrow items (the ones that can be freely equipped without being combined to the bow, and act like the bow+elemental arrow when used).

There is no language barrier, it was just that you said that the slot reverted into the normal item, so I assumed that you meant that the slot were just replaced with the bow, and that did not make sense to me.
Anyway, this is how you get light arrow without bow, it requires you to do newgame+ however, which is sad Sad

Also, I was confused about the ice/light arrow thingy, I forgot which one did what.. I am the one who wrote the entire route for beans on II to get LA, no idea how I could mix that up..

Sorry D:

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 03:19:18 AM »

There is no language barrier, it was just that you said that the slot reverted into the normal item

Except that I didn't say this, or anything close to it. I specifically said "my duped bottles were changed into the unused ice/light arrow items". You even quoted that statement.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »

Except that I didn't say this, or anything close to it. I specifically said "my duped bottles were changed into the unused ice/light arrow items". You even quoted that statement.

Cant we just leave it right here, please?
I was confused, and I have no idea why I managed to mix everything up, I had much stuff going, and I was working on the RBA pages while having the discussion with you, which could very well be a reason for me to mix things up.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

Double Post..
Anyway, I have found a pattern in the differences in OoT3D and OoT64, I noticed it while working on the 3d BA page.
On n64 it cycled through the items up to blue potion (item 23).
HOWEVER, on 3ds, it goes up to 25. This is because they added in hover and iron boots into the mix.
This means that item 24 (bottle fairy) gives you iron boots when you BA. And that item 25 (bottled fish) gives you hover boots when you BA.
I also noticed another key thing, and it is very important.
All the "amount" items you had before have moved 2 steps down in the table.
Basically, Lon Lon milk (Full) (item 26) used to modify bomb count. But now on the 3ds version it modify the Deku Stick count instead. As you may know, item 24 (Bottled Fairy) used to do this.

So with all this information I can safely say that Cucco (the one you get before you visit zelda) SHOULD be linked to bombchu count.

This seems to be accurate for all items up until the adult link trade items.

They have NOT changed the values of the trade items, I tried them with BA.
So they must have changed the placement of the song/equipment menu (excluding swords, tunics and boots) items.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:10:05 PM by CloudMax » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 03:50:52 AM »

This was a pattern that I've more or less known about for some time now. But there's a little more to it.

In 64, you have item slots, and then you have ammo slots. But every item has their own ammo slot, which means that if the 3ds version follows the 64 version's save format, then the end of the Ammo slot should be 4 spots further down.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »

This was a pattern that I've more or less known about for some time now. But there's a little more to it.

In 64, you have item slots, and then you have ammo slots. But every item has their own ammo slot, which means that if the 3ds version follows the 64 version's save format, then the end of the Ammo slot should be 4 spots further down.

I did not understand the last sentence, but whatever, aslong as I get the stuff to work the way I want it to Cheesy

By the way.. Mibbit does not seem to let me connect to anything anymore.. And I have never got Mirc to work.. It does not let me connect to irc.speeddemosarchive.com port 6667. :S

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »

I did not understand the last sentence...

In 64 you have a block that holds all of the items that can be put on C, then you have another block just after that which is the same size that holds item counts. Since 3ds has 2 more C items, and should have 2 more C item slots (since rba confirms that the legacy arrow slots are still there, just unused), then the end of the ammo count block should be 4 slots (2 slots for boots, 2 for their ammo counts).

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »

In 64 you have a block that holds all of the items that can be put on C, then you have another block just after that which is the same size that holds item counts. Since 3ds has 2 more C items, and should have 2 more C item slots (since rba confirms that the legacy arrow slots are still there, just unused), then the end of the ammo count block should be 4 slots (2 slots for boots, 2 for their ammo counts).

Ahh, right, that makes sense, thanks for explaining.

---

Poacher's Saw is spiritual stones, song of storms, & song of time.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:21:16 PM by CloudMax » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »

I think I have discovered the relationship for the left-side equipment and quest items. It turns out that the item values are the same, but the endianness of the equipment slots (and quite possibly the rest of the game) has changed. Looking through ammo counts, I think the same thing is happening there.

AddressStores WhatN643DS
11A670Something or otherSOLD OUTCojiro
11A671Stick Nut CapacityPocket EggPocket Cucco
11A672Wallet/Dive MeterPocket CuccoPocket Egg
11A673Bomb Bag QuiverCojiroSOLD OUT
11A674Heart PiecesOdd MushroomGoron's Sword (broken)
11A675Stones, few songsOdd PotionPoacher's Saw
11A676Warp SongsPoacher's SawOdd Potion
11A677MedallionsGoron's Sword (broken)Odd Mushroom
11A678Great Deku TreePrescriptionClaim Check
11A679Dodongo's CavernEye Ball FrogEye Drops
11A67AJabu-Jabu's BellyEye DropsEye Ball Frog
11A67BForest TempleClaim CheckPrescription
11A67CFire TempleFairy Bow + Fire ArrowKokiri Sword
11A67DWater TempleFairy Bow + Ice ArrowFairy Bow + Light Arrow
11A67ESpirit TempleFairy Bow + Light ArrowFairy Bow + Ice Arrow
11A67FShadow TempleKokiri SwordFairy Bow + Fire Arrow
11A680Bottom of the WellMaster SwordHylian Shield
11A681Ice CavernBiggoron SwordDeku Shield
11A682Ganon's CastleDeku ShieldBiggoron Sword

Braid
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »

I think I have discovered the relationship for the left-side equipment and quest items. It turns out that the item values are the same, but the endianness of the equipment slots (and quite possibly the rest of the game) has changed. Looking through ammo counts, I think the same thing is happening there.

I am currently working on a way to get sold out to II. I want quiver Tongue

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »

How do you get sold out on II as adult?

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »

How do you get sold out on II as adult?

We have not found a way so far.
I have tried multiple ways.
I even tried to RBA a bottle over the mask slot.
Equip the bottle on II.
FILL YOUR INVENTORY (it was to prevent the item from returning to the inventory)
Turn into young link.
Trade the mask to get sold out.
Turn into adult.

When the inventory was full, the game decided to swap slot with the bombs, so I had bombs on II instead of sold out.
I am interested in seeing what would happen if you do this and do not have bombs. Either nothing happens, or you magically get bombs on II, even though you do not have bombs.
It is not even worth testing though, it requires you to get everything in the game without the use of normal bombs (possible on MQ as far as I know)

I also tried to simply dupe over the mask as young link while having it equiped, so that I could trade in the mask after duping it (in hope of it not returning to the inventory), but you instantly unequip the mask when you dupe it, so that would not work either.