ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 54626 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2013, 02:11:28 AM »

I'm gonna put this here so I never have to explain this again. These are my strats for the role method of death hole wrong warp.

Right off the bat, this setup only works if the grotto is on level ground. Out of the grottos you can use to DHWW, the only important one I've found that isn't on level ground is the Hyrule Field tree grotto.

First you'll want to get as close to the grotto as you can, or pretty close to it. An easy way to judge this is to side walk toward the grotto. Now face the grotto and get centered with it. Once lined up you need to do a 180 degree turn to be facing away from the hole (shield turns are easy).

Once in the proper position, do a neutral roll, sidehop away from the hole, backflip, sidehop towards the hole, and do another 180 degree turn. At this point you shield drop a bomb, however you can not instantly shield drop it after taking it out. This will result in the bomb being off-centered.

Immediately after dropping the bomb (to ensure you don't accidentally pick it up) do a backflip, flick your shield or untarget and retarget (to prevent you from doing a sideroll), and do a neutral roll.

Now one more neutral roll ought to put you into the hole if you did everything correctly. This final roll needs to be timed to after the bomb explodes. I estimate this to be somewhere between 1/4 - 1/2 a second. If you don't die you're too early. If you die on top of the hole, you're late. The timing is pretty lenient though.

Just to clarify this method with this setup is the most reliable way to do a death hole wrong warp that I have yet to find. It is also the easiest method I have ever used.

Enjoy

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
PhreakLogic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »

The method Ben is referring to in the above post is the only method I use for DHWW, and I love it. Not only does it feel very consistent, but it's actually quite fun to perform.

I was wondering if there was a list of currently know DHWWs, I tried looking at the two lists posted earlier in this thread and looking for WWs I know exist such as DoT skip without any luck of seeing the entrance to exit.
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:45 PM »

Hey, i haz returned to ask something real quick. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but anyway. So today I finally decided to try wrong warping/death hole warp for the first time, after trying out the majority of other fun glitches. I tried two times. First I attempted to warp to Dampé's Grave as Child Link. Using some document I saw that by planting Farore's Wind outside the potion shop, I should get there. I tried and sure enough I got to his grave, but spawned like 30 'meters' away from where you usually enter the grave, so I just died and died in infinity falling down and couldn't possibly reach the actual area.

My next try was to reach Ice Cavern as Child Link, and I planted a FW by the tower at Lon Lon Ranch. I have no idea what happened then, I appeared and heard the music from the Ice Cavern but couldn't do or see anything.
My question is, what am I doing wrong and is there any way to actually get to these places using wrong warp correctly? Naturally I wanna see if I can get the hookshot and iron boots before going adult. Is there perhaps a way to wrong warp as child to the cutscene where sheik teaches you the serenade of water and hence get the boots + song?

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
5311216gnik
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

For the dampe grave, you cast it inside the zora shop, and that's the only ice cavern warp there is (except casting fw inside ice cavern of course :p)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:38:39 PM by 5311216gniK » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »

For the latter one I have an answer. Our problem is the fact that the coordinates place us OoB somewhere. The only way to get to Ice Cavern would be to land in bounds somehow and then Save and quit which isnt possible. Even if we could somehow save and get to the entrance, we have no way to get past the high ledges in one of the rooms Sad You mightve noticed that the whole screen was dark when you got to Ice Cavern, this is because you warped into the serenade cutscene. For some reason warping to a cutscene in the DHWW mode causes the whole screen to become dark. You can regain visibility by throwing a deku nut.

As for FWWW to Serenade, that just isnt possible. Afaik theres no warp to Serenade.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »

Thanks for the help! yay hookshot early  Smiley

Could you tell me any other cool DHWW locations or tell me where I can read about them? So far I've tried this + getting the Master Sword early.

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

Off the top of my head:
(Farore's Wind location -> Entry after returning FW whilst in "Death Hole Mode")

Jabu Jabu boss room -> Fire Temple boss room. Link spawns inside the platform you fight Volvagia. Walk back into bounds and climb edge to trigger fight. Currently used in All Dungeons route.

Market (Drawbridge) to Market -> Market at night. Heading back to drawbridge leads to Shadow Temple. Going to Temple of Time leads to Fire Temple pre-boss room, from there heading out to Fire Temple entrance leads to Forest Temple boss corridor, a wierd route from here leads to Water Temple.
(Shooting gallery leads to Temple of Time which leads to DoT Skip (if not entered before)).

Fire Temple entrance to Death Mountain Crater -> Forest Temple boss corridor. Save + quit to enter Forest Temple.

Deku Tree boss room -> Bongo Bongo fight. Triggers cutscene to fight Bongo Bongo.

Shadow Temple boss room -> Water Temple boss room. Link falls into Morpha's room. Climb ladder and position in middle of either platform to trigger cutscene. Currently used in MST/All dungeons.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:28:38 PM by Byak » Logged

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »

Sweet, thanks! I just tried the market -> drawbridge to get to the Shadow Temple and obtain the Hover Boots as child. I'm not into speedrunning, just into abusing the game and get things early/differently. Will try the ones you listed and please do tell if you remember more Smiley is there any that leads to the desert/spirit temple? I've glitched past the gates and through the desert several times, but warping would be fun too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:00:07 PM by Seb9kplus » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:23 PM »

Set a warp to that market bridge house with pots and youll get to Spirit Temple.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »

Cool! Will try that.

I tried battling Bongo-Bongo as child, and won, but after going into the blue warp I got into the black chamber of sages lol. Is there any way to actually get the medallion and all using this?

Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »

With bombs on X or Y, after entering the blue portal keep using bombs until you kill yourself. The screen is still blank but you can still move the cursor to select save, then move the cursor across to quit. This will plonk you back at Link's house with the medallion.

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2014, 07:19:43 AM »

Damn. I didn't have bombs on X or Y when I got there so I couldn't die, but then I was stupid enough to kill bongo-bongo, grab the heart container and die + save so now when I try warping back I just end up in pitch black and keep falling to my death. No way to get back then on this save file... but thanks, I'll do it on my next file!

Tried heading to Fire and Forest temple too, and Spirit. I love this glitch.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvRij_h-HFFBdDVTbk8wZUFKdHJ4ajNNTmV2NGMtN2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0 I had made this over a month ago, with the plan to have a detailed table explaining some of the warps. I think it is best if this is done with a group somehow. I will make it so more people can edit it as well.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

I would like to be able to edit. Get me on irc one day to help explain what I can do to help

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »

I would like to be able to edit. explain what I can do to help

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: