ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:27:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 54722 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »

Well that sounds alright. Does time pass in this black screen state?

doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

I warped to Hyrule Castle outside as a child, walked around with black screen, and fell in a void. Haven't had this instance of partial collision loading on any other black screen warp

I've done the same thing but exactly opposite xD meaning I went to the castle as an adult but it was a black screen....but I got the owl text to load it was funny xD
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 01:16:24 AM »

Found a way to reactivate the normal screen when you get a black screen (using CS) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FlkXjSXNMs
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 01:31:05 AM »

nice Grin dd you already have the spiritual stones?

LAXYXY
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 01:33:51 AM »

never mind Tongue

LAXYXY
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »

Lol, yes I have
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »

Found a way to reactivate the normal screen when you get a black screen

Awesome! I can finally-

(using CS)

well shit

Kind of a, um, contextual thing there. What use does that even have in that video?
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 04:13:30 AM »

HOLY SHIT GUYS

If you use a Deku Nut, you'll remove the black screen and will be able to see during the cutscene area. Movement is still wonky though, but as Yggdrasill mentioned earlier, this can be sorta mitigated by moving while holding L, letting go of L, and then keeping the stick held in any direction.

Though the bottom screen is visible as well, the gear/map/items tabs remain unusable. Magic is displayed, but still can't be used.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:24:48 AM by corneliab » Logged
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

holy crap i can't believe none thought of that Shocked

LAXYXY
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:28 PM »

Corneliab -> The use of that video ?  Simply to show a way to cancel the "BiT" mode and return the game to its normal state. It could be useful to understand a little bit more how the black screen works
For example, the DoT opening CS could have been played into the black screen, but instead of that, the CS has reactivated the screen and canceled the BiT mode.

By the way, nice find with the deku nuts
Unfortunately, it doesn't cancel the BiT mode, so you cannot leave the area :­(
And if you try to open a door, you just go trough
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:17:17 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »

Corneliab -> The use of that video ?  Simply to show a way to cancel the "BiT" mode and return the game to its normal state. It could be useful to understand a little bit more how the black screen works
For example, the DoT opening CS could have been played into the black screen, but instead of that, the CS has reactivated the screen and canceled the BiT mode.

Right, but I'm having trouble thinking of many cutscene areas that can be interrupted in such a way. Even in that video you still needed the stones/song of time, so it doesn't even seem too useful in that specific case.

The fact that cutscenes will interrupt cutscenes is still interesting to know, I guess (Xzibit would be proud). Watch as I eat crow when someone discovers something amazing through this.

By the way, nice find with the deku nuts
Unfortunately, it doesn't cancel the BiT mode, so you cannot leave the area :­(

Yeah, this isn't a surprise- I was really only concerned with restoring visibility. The reason I even used the Deku Nuts to begin with was to see if the flash would "refresh" the screen, so to speak. I can't believe it actually worked lol.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:47:58 PM by corneliab » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Corn...is it just me or are you somehow different. You know instead of like this:

Oh give me a break. I asked this question here since I figured it would be my best chance at getting a first-hand answer from someone who's tried. If I wanted to be fed uncertainties I would have just went to gamefaqs.
I'm sure you remember. Anyway neat find, i've been adventuring with the left over CS setups. Fun stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »

Right, but I'm having trouble thinking of many cutscene areas that can be interrupted in such a way. Even in that video you still needed the stones/song of time, so it doesn't even seem too useful in that specific case.

The fact that cutscenes will interrupt cutscenes is still interesting to know, I guess (Xzibit would be proud). Watch as I eat crow when someone discovers something amazing through this.

Yeah, this isn't a surprise- I was really only concerned with restoring visibility. The reason I even used the Deku Nuts to begin with was to see if the flash would "refresh" the screen, so to speak. I can't believe it actually worked lol.

Can you tell me where I have said something like "OMG guys ! I have done new great discoveries ! This will lead to amazing things !" ?
I just shared an information with the community. Useless ? Probably. Like many other glitches here. So what ?
And no, CS does not interrupt CS : blue light CS stilled here after DoT CS
I've just said that the CS stopped the "BiT mode"
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

Can you tell me where I have said something like "OMG guys ! I have done new great discoveries ! This will lead to amazing things !" ?
I just shared an information with the community. Useless ? Probably. Like many other glitches here. So what ?

I don't know why you're getting so defensive. I was curious about the practicality of the glitch so I decided to comment about it. Hell, I even went out of my way to be as civil as I could in my previous post. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered and simply told you to shut the fuck up? Would that have been better?

And no, CS does not interrupt CS : blue light CS stilled here after DoT CS
I've just said that the CS stopped the "BiT mode"

"BiT", in the case of grotto warping, is referring to the state that causes mismatched exits. The black screen areas are cutscene areas. This is what I meant by "a cutscene interrupting a cutscene".
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »

Don’t reverse the roles. I’m not getting defensive. But read again your last reply and you will see what it is to getting defensive.
You ask me what use does have the video. I tell you that there is no specific use, I just simply share an information. Then you begin to be ironic. My reply was “civil” like you say, so don’t be arrogant with me.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered and simply told you to shut the fuck up? Would that have been better?

What would have been better ? To show me what kind of person you are ? No need, I’ve already seen it. But don’t hold on, if you want to be insulting, you can if it will make you happy. I don’t care, I’m not on this forum for this kind of thing.

"BiT", in the case of grotto warping, is referring to the state that causes mismatched exits. The black screen areas are cutscene areas. This is what I meant by "a cutscene interrupting a cutscene".

By “stopping the BiT mode”, you understood what I meant.
Honnestly, it was an evidence for you that triggering a CS while being in another CS would return the game to its normal state ? (screen, magic, exits...) and that the previous CS would still displayed ?
If so, ok, I have nothing against you, but your reply was uncalled-for, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:25:24 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: