ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:11:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830876 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #975 on: January 24, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »

Toast mentioned looking into how the Hylian shield discount works.

Pretty much what happens is you receive a random discount of anywhere between 5 and 40 rupees. The discount amount is not determined until you press A after Link holds the shield over his head.
Whoa how could i have missed your post mzx. Im sorry Cry Thank you very much Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #976 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »

Found another heart piece.

So, Jabu Jabu's belly has a cutscene setup, which has a really goofy layout right? Well, there's a chest with a heart piece inside in Map 11. To reach it you go to the room that branches out into 4 different areas where you normally get the boomerang and such... the second door from the right has a tentacle blocking access to a door, that's the one you need to open to reach Map 11.

The chest shares the same flag as the compass chest, so you cannot have gotten it.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #977 on: January 26, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »

http://www.twitch.tv/neolink1025/c/1863810 Easy fire temple as child with a-slide clip, what you do is as you roll into the bomb, flick down and let go of the circle pad. His animation will glitch if done right. It can also be used to skip KZ.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #978 on: January 27, 2013, 03:38:34 AM »

KZ skip with weird slide. It's useful because no sword is needed now  Cheesy Here's the angle: http://imgur.com/c0eHPeT The trick is already known in oot but it is just now applied here.

Here's a good position for doing it in reverse: http://imgur.com/mAPaBHy and the angle: http://imgur.com/eBZHrDl
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #979 on: January 27, 2013, 04:24:02 AM »

Lol Fox I don't think the angle is that precise  Tongue

LAXYXY
PhreakLogic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but today I was messing around at Jabu-Jabu and found that if you jump from one of the fences on the side of his little square landing you can perform a roll jump to get on top of the previously unclimbable fence parts used to skip the fish in N64. Attempting to recreate and attempt a clip into Jabu.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #981 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »

Yeah i tried that like last month and got no results  Sad

LAXYXY
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #982 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:37 AM »

I don't know that it's any help, but I was once able to get into Jabu on 64 by diving under him and surfacing between his jaw and the platform. However, I was only able to do it once, I've never been able to replicate it. If it could be replicated on 3D, we have Jabu w/o fish.

I doubt it's useful though, just thought I would post it if anyone wants to try.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #983 on: January 29, 2013, 08:33:47 AM »

Yeah I tried that a long time ago but found no results  Sad

LAXYXY
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #984 on: January 30, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »

Found another heart piece.

So, Jabu Jabu's belly has a cutscene setup, which has a really goofy layout right? Well, there's a chest with a heart piece inside in Map 11. To reach it you go to the room that branches out into 4 different areas where you normally get the boomerang and such... the second door from the right has a tentacle blocking access to a door, that's the one you need to open to reach Map 11.

The chest shares the same flag as the compass chest, so you cannot have gotten it.

Just checked this myself. Awesome find.

Assuming that this hasn't been discovered prior (first I'm hearing of it) I guess that makes this the 39th Heart Piece.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #985 on: January 31, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »

I noticed something while screwing around with the boomerang that I got for adult Link through inventory overstuffing.

It's the ONLY way that you can stun spear Moblins. They'll put down their arms in a kind of stupor, and once they snap out of it, they'll repeatedly charge up and down their patrol area for a bit. This behavior doesn't happen anytime else.

Hardly useful and I suspect that others have noticed this as well (what with BA being around forever) but I was surprised to learn this. Makes for an interesting bit of trivia.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #986 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:55 AM »

Well damn...I can't find any info about that anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #987 on: February 02, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »

Old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPNPrHoUgEU
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #988 on: February 02, 2013, 02:56:20 AM »

Not surprising, considering what I said earlier:

I suspect that others have noticed this as well (what with BA being around forever)

In my defense, I did search the forum under the keywords "moblin" and "boomerang" before posting. I also searched around on Google.

Didn't think of checking Youtube.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:07:08 AM by corneliab » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #989 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:15 AM »

Been wondering about the nocturne of shadow wrong warp for 100%... It gets you the item anyway, and I asked some people in #zelda and I think they might be fine with it. I have been starting to think that it's the legit song anyway. I want to hear what people think and then give my reasoning for why I want to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: