ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:27:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831045 times)
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #960 on: December 22, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »

From what I understand of Death hole wrong warp, you kill youself with a bomb over a hole, and then you quit. You are taken to a grotto/lakeside lab, and you use OI to enable bottom screen. Then you use FW to warp, and it will take you somewhere that may or may not be where you put it.

Is FWWW using a blue warp to wrong warp?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #961 on: December 22, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »

Yes and Yes, but what do you want to do? Use deathhole to warp into the nocturne CS or wrong warp there to learn the song?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #962 on: December 22, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

Now, all I need to do is find the warp to the nocturne cut scene. would someone kindly tell me where that is?

DHWWing to Nocturne CS is pointless. I did it once with a warp at HF->Kak. Every thing's on fire, Shiek was chilling at the entrance, and there was an invisible cucc. It was interesting but there's no practical purpose. FWWW to Nocturne CS on the other hand is very useful because you get the song. To do this set a warp at either HL->Kak or sleeping Talon house-ore>Kak. Then activate FW in a blue light that warps to a CS (child dungeons + Fire Temple). This is easiest with bottle adventure Farore's Wind. Hope this helped.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #963 on: December 22, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »

Death Hole Wrong warping warps you to the scene setup of Kakariko being on Fire because the title screen state defaults to cutscene entrance value of 0 and no cutscenes play as well. The Get Nocturne cutscene is cutscene entrance FFF1, which is the same value that the Deku Tree cutscene and Goron Ruby cutscene use.
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #964 on: December 22, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »

Ok. that makes sense. thanks!

Also, while using DHWW i figured that it MIGHT just be possible to get bombs early with FW on B.

The whole idea is that you might be able to use DH using cuckoos in the back left of Kakikiro. You DHWW to Goron city with the chests and get bombs.

That would help with purple gauntlets, if that would work, provided you could get to the top of death mountain w/o bombs. Idk.

I haven't tried anything yet, but its an idea. What do you think?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:10:30 AM by misterb1998 » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #965 on: December 22, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »

Hey warping to Kak from Fire Temple is a pretty useless idea. You wrong warp into the Fire Temple cutscene.
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #966 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

that is not the point. You could theoretically get bombs from the alternate setup of Goron City, allowing you to finish DC w/o goron bracelets.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #967 on: December 22, 2012, 11:50:18 PM »

Not sure about that since you need to get the bomb bag I think. If you could reach magic with FW B you could skip the bracelets by warping to the silver gauntlets cutscene in Spirit with the Deku Tree. It would also could shorten any% NG+.
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #968 on: December 23, 2012, 01:03:04 AM »

Isn't the point to get the purple or black gauntlets from not getting any strength upgrades? RBAing No Mask is difficult because of inventory overstuffing.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #969 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

I want to test some NG+ items now. This is particularly because the hookshot/longshot animation had me curious at first and I wanted to test something with it. It seems that not only does it freeze his animation, but he keeps the same movement speed that he has had before. It reminds me of supersliding in a way, only that it cannot be broken. If there is a way to end that animation, hookshot and longshot may have some actual use.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:19:26 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2013, 04:33:15 AM »

I want to test some NG+ items now. This is particularly because the hookshot/longshot animation had me curious at first and I wanted to test something with it. It seems that not only does it freeze his animation, but he keeps the same movement speed that he has had before. It reminds me of supersliding in a way, only that it cannot be broken. If there is a way to end that animation, hookshot and longshot may have some actual use.

Interesting. Maybe a cutscene would get you out of it? try it near ruto, if you can get that far without B.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #971 on: January 11, 2013, 04:15:37 AM »

of course you can get that far  Wink

LAXYXY
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #972 on: January 11, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »

Toast mentioned looking into how the Hylian shield discount works.

Pretty much what happens is you receive a random discount of anywhere between 5 and 40 rupees. The discount amount is not determined until you press A after Link holds the shield over his head.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #973 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »

Wow i always get 10 rupee discount lol.

LAXYXY
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #974 on: January 24, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »

I totally forgot that I made this and it took me like 10 minutes to remember why I made it. XD
Basically the idea was to do a triple slash clip and on the frame that you are in the unloaded room, before you clip back in bounds, get caught by the LikeLike. Since LikeLikes always throw you back where they caught you from, that might put you into the unloaded room permanently. From the unloaded room you can just jump through the holes into the unloaded basement.
You would ofcourse have to do this from the the room behind the bars, where the LikeLike and the skulltulla are in. I just used the missing ceiling in this video. It was only ever meant as a quick and dirty demonstration of the idea. That's why it doesn't have a description and stuff.

Just pure speculation ofcourse.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:49:12 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: