ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:51:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831060 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #870 on: September 30, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

ISG setup:  If Link is the proper distance from a heart Link can jump attack and obtain the heart. The proper distance is when the bottom of the heart is just in between his legs. The frame that you jumpslash varies on where you place the bomb. Link needs to be between half a sidehop to a sidehop away from the bomb. Then I recommend that you buffer to the frame that the shockwave that the bomb emits is about to pass where Link stands. If it is past Link, that means you are late and missed the timing. Make sure to target before buffering to the frame. Once you reach the frame, buffer a jumpslash and you should get ISG.
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #871 on: September 30, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »

ISG setup:  If Link is the proper distance from a heart Link can jump attack and obtain the heart. The proper distance is when the bottom of the heart is just in between his legs. The frame that you jumpslash varies on where you place the bomb. Link needs to be between half a sidehop to a sidehop away from the bomb. Then I recommend that you buffer to the frame that the shockwave that the bomb emits is about to pass where Link stands. If it is past Link, that means you are late and missed the timing. Make sure to target before buffering to the frame. Once you reach the frame, buffer a jumpslash and you should get ISG.

But pause buffering doesn't work so well on OoT3d... This still sounds more consistent than any other way I've heard before.

In the water temple, if child link can get across the spikes guarding the rooms before the boss key, then he should be able to get it with enough small keys. A megaflip gives (barely) enough distance to get past the room where you need to push the blocks to raise the water level, but if you mess up then you have to deathwarp out or use FW to return to the door. I tested this as adult, it took 2 tries. I guess it would also be useful if you had to do water before getting hoverboots for some reason. However it won't be possible to beat water as a child because even if you do get the boss key and get to the boss door you won't have hookshot.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:35:50 PM by Czar_Yoshi » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #872 on: September 30, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »

Nice work Fox. I'll have to try this setup out soon Tongue
Also you don't need the kookshot to kill morpha it's just very tricky without it...

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #873 on: October 01, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »

then it looks like we have a new trick to put in the "hardest glitch thread" Smiley
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #874 on: October 01, 2012, 03:09:53 AM »

You know on normal oot the hookshot/longshot isn't required to beat morpha...
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #875 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »

Apparently killing Gohma 1 cycle with deku sticks and a deku nut is possible. Fox told me last night, I tested it today and I can confirm that it is possible and not even that hard.... Silly we never knew that. Anyways no more slingshot in MST and we have 1 more run ender to deal with considering we could run out of sticks/nuts very easily as the timing is a bit tight Tongue

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #876 on: October 01, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

Apparently killing Gohma 1 cycle with deku sticks and a deku nut is possible. Fox told me last night, I tested it today and I can confirm that it is possible and not even that hard.... Silly we never knew that. Anyways no more slingshot in MST and we have 1 more run ender to deal with considering we could run out of sticks/nuts very easily as the timing is a bit tight Tongue

I knew this...just saying... there has never been a reason to get slingshot

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #877 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »

That's how it's done in the OoT Any%. You've been getting the records for this and getting the slingshot?

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #878 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »

I knew this...just saying... there has never been a reason to get slingshot
Yeah I thought people knew it's just that some people didn't including me Tongue

That's how it's done in the OoT Any%. You've been getting the records for this and getting the slingshot?
I don't even do the Deku tree in any% Tongue

Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #879 on: October 01, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »

I don't even do the Deku tree in any% Tongue

Wait, you're skipping the Deku Tree on any%!?

While we're talking about single-cycling stuff with a deku nut, I should note that in the event that you don't use the bigocto skip, you can kill him with 1 stick and 1 nut. Boomerang -> Jumpslash -> nut -> slash.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #880 on: October 01, 2012, 10:10:56 PM »

Yea czar we skip deku, i dont even see a reason not to skip him Tongue I knew about sling skip but didnt test if gohma can be one cycled with nuts. This change means we can buy 3 sticks and nuts. (if unsure about getting the kill one cycle) 20 from DC pot in the room with 6 step stairs and another 20 from the boulder. You get the last five from the stones in front of the shop.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #881 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »

Yea czar we skip deku, i dont even see a reason not to skip him Tongue I knew about sling skip but didnt test if gohma can be one cycled with nuts. This change means we can buy 3 sticks and nuts. (if unsure about getting the kill one cycle) 20 from DC pot in the room with 6 step stairs and another 20 from the boulder. You get the last five from the stones in front of the shop.

Sorry, thought we were talking about N64 OoT now.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #882 on: October 02, 2012, 04:33:38 AM »

Sorry, thought we were talking about N64 OoT now.
No offense, but why in the world would we be talking about N64 OoT in the OOT3D FORUM!?!?!?

Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #883 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36:36 AM »

No offense, but why in the world would we be talking about N64 OoT in the OOT3D FORUM!?!?!?

Sorry.

You know, the OoT3d page doesn't actually say anything about skipping the deku tree (or wrong warping at all, I believe)...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:38:21 AM by Czar_Yoshi » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #884 on: October 05, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »

I don't know if there's a video of this in normal Oot, but I managed to softlock my game in the castle courtyard by getting caught as soon as I entered the next area. It was annoying because it was an actual speedrun attempt when this happened.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:08:33 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: