ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830967 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »

I'd like to bring up two things in this post. First off I found a cool setup for the forest bk skip which I think is pretty nifty. Alright so you target against the railing of the stairs, then you sidehop up there stairs until you are against the wall. Next you backflip and then sidehop away from the wall while holding your L-target. Then pull out your hookshot and turn it so that the red dot is on the doorknob. L-Target and hold the target as you move to the other banister corner (side hopping into is pretty fast). Finally do the hookshot pull/backflip, and you will land inside the banister at the exact spot where you do the clip. No fear of accidentally walking outside the banister, or slow precise movements to get lined up Cheesy

Next is that you can to the Jabu-Jabu megaflip without being on the moving platform. I'm sure one of the orphans LttpMmOot has in his basement finding glitches for him discovered this months ago and he never bothered to tell anyone, but all the same I thought I 'd bring it up. It's pretty precise, and I do not yet have a setup, so I'm not ready to start using this in runs though Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Ben_1020
Deku Scrub

OH BOY, I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS!

« Reply #811 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »

Hello to all, I'm new here...

I just wanted to say (I dont know if someone discovered this) but I've just get the Light Arrows without all the Medallions(And the bridge too)

I was playing in Master Quest, but not following the game, the first temple I beated was the Forest Temple, continuing the Shadow temple, after that, the Water temple and finally the Spirit Temple, I just entered the Fire Temple to get the Hammer, nothing more.

I have Light,Forest,Shadow,Water,Spirit medallions BUT not the Fire medallion and still can beat Ganondorf.

And when finishing the Spirit temple, Rauru talked to me, so I headed to the Temple of time, the cutscene when Zelda gives you the Light Arrows appeared, and i got the light arrows.

I don't even have the Shadow Temple warp song. Does this means that we can complete the game without even having more than 3 medallions? Oh, and I skipped most of the Fire Temple, get the Hammer, leave the gorons to Volvagia.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #812 on: September 05, 2012, 03:54:25 AM »

Hello Ben. Nice to see you again, I was the guy trying to help you with MQ BK skip, remember? Anyway, to answer your question, only the Shadow and Spirit medallions trigger the Light Arrow cutscene. This is because the game designers assume that if you have beaten the Shadow Temple, you have completed the Forest, Water and Fire Temples due to how the three activate the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene.
Ben_1020
Deku Scrub

« Reply #813 on: September 05, 2012, 04:16:45 AM »

Hello Ben. Nice to see you again, I was the guy trying to help you with MQ BK skip, remember? Anyway, to answer your question, only the Shadow and Spirit medallions trigger the Light Arrow cutscene. This is because the game designers assume that if you have beaten the Shadow Temple, you have completed the Forest, Water and Fire Temples due to how the three activate the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene.
Oh, nice, really, nice, I would skip Forest Temple but i forgot the Din's fire... and then Sheik was there waiting in the Temple of Time... and I skipped most of the Water Temple doing that MQ BK skip (3 hours~)

Anyway, can you do this faster in Normal? For far I know you get some items really early in the temples and they are more kind of... short in Master Quest.

Anyone can tell me what items are purely skippable?  Roll Eyes
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #814 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:53 AM »

It is possible to skip all adult dungeons through the use of a glitch called Reverse Bottle Adventure. This glitch allows you to get the Medallions without entering the temples, allowing you to get the Light Arrows instantly, get the Quiver from Forest Temple, and beat Ganondorf. In this sense, pretty much all items except those obtained in the child dungeons are skippable.

For information on RBA, go to zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d and there should be a menu there called Bottle Adventure. In that menu, there is a table which tells you what you get when you RBA different items and another page that tells you how to set it up.

Btw, that Pikachu looks like a sir. Grin

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #815 on: September 05, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »

Okay... Bad news here.

I've just done a shit ton of screwing around in BotW with TSC and Grunz clips and the actor glitch... and nothing. Nothing. As we already know, if you try to do it the old way, the bars never go up after Dead Hand (Grezzo, you clever trolls...), and even if they did, we no longer have vine clip. If there were any clippable angles in the basement before, they are gone now. The Grunz clip was so close, but it would be useless anyway because you'd need bombs. I did the actor glitch and went to see if the dirt unloaded. No dice.

I hereby pronounce early BotW chus... deceased. Cry

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #816 on: September 05, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »

I'd like to bring up two things in this post. First off I found a cool setup for the forest bk skip which I think is pretty nifty. Alright so you target against the railing of the stairs, then you sidehop up there stairs until you are against the wall. Next you backflip and then sidehop away from the wall while holding your L-target. Then pull out your hookshot and turn it so that the red dot is on the doorknob. L-Target and hold the target as you move to the other banister corner (side hopping into is pretty fast). Finally do the hookshot pull/backflip, and you will land inside the banister at the exact spot where you do the clip. No fear of accidentally walking outside the banister, or slow precise movements to get lined up Cheesy

Next is that you can to the Jabu-Jabu megaflip without being on the moving platform. I'm sure one of the orphans LttpMmOot has in his basement finding glitches for him discovered this months ago and he never bothered to tell anyone, but all the same I thought I 'd bring it up. It's pretty precise, and I do not yet have a setup, so I'm not ready to start using this in runs though Tongue

why should i bother telling people about water temple early without a bomb when it was already stated several times either read forums or be on irc more that should help with your problem i also mentioned it months ago as well no need to do it again
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:00:19 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #817 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

It is possible to skip all adult dungeons through the use of a glitch called Reverse Bottle Adventure.

It is also possible to skip entering any dungeon except dodongos cavern with a glitch called Farores Wind Wrong Warp Tongue

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Ben_1020
Deku Scrub

« Reply #818 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:35 AM »

zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d
*Goes in that section*
*Sees a pile of numbers*
*ragequits*

lol, jk.

But if someone doesn't wants to do a Reverse Bottle Adventure? D:
And if you skip all the shit out there, you cant find new glitches D:
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #819 on: September 06, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »

*Goes in that section*
*Sees a pile of numbers*
*ragequits*

lol, jk.

But if someone doesn't wants to do a Reverse Bottle Adventure? D:
And if you skip all the shit out there, you cant find new glitches D:
Yes you can find glitches that's what this thread is for. Doesn't have to be an any% or RBA run/playthrough
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:20:50 PM by Nook » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #820 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

Yes you can find glitches that's what this thread is for. Doesn't have to be an any% or RBA run/playthrough

Hmmm another Ben... I feel threatened.

I will admit RBA is kind of hard. I still don't entirely get it after Gamestabled explained it to me fore like an hour.  Tongue If you're ever free,  just hop on #OoT3D and someone will help you.

Trust me,  the guys who work on 100% and MST (the best category by the way) find plenty of other glitches. In fact people who run any% also find a lot of stuff too Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

Quick question about the dot skip vid, and some other stuff.  How do you do the RI FW WW?(srry for the many abreviations)  I noticed in the MST thread that it is possible to perform cutscene skips using this method, but everytime i try i just end up touching the blue portal without using FW, even though i usually get the RI first try, it never works whenever  i try the sidehop.

takes a lot of try to get it just right Tongue but a good setup will help a lot:
go close to the portal and then do a side jump away from it,once you land take a few steps closer to the portal and get ready to side hop towards it this time,
now side hop press start and do the FW anywhere glitch BEFORE YOU LAND! when you land instead of FW just canceling it self out (because thats what happens when you use spells in the air xD) it will activate and then the rest is timing to get the WW. I feel like having FW on B before doing it is a lot easier but I''ve never tried that Tongue. oh well good luck Grin hoped this helps.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »

takes a lot of try to get it just right Tongue but a good setup will help a lot:
go close to the portal and then do a side jump away from it,once you land take a few steps closer to the portal and get ready to side hop towards it this time,
now side hop press start and do the FW anywhere glitch BEFORE YOU LAND! when you land instead of FW just canceling it self out (because thats what happens when you use spells in the air xD) it will activate and then the rest is timing to get the WW. I feel like having FW on B before doing it is a lot easier but I''ve never tried that Tongue. oh well good luck Grin hoped this helps.
I think I should expand on this. You need to sidehop and land on the very edge of the bluewarp in a way so that Link will not enter it until the sidehop ends. That's how I do it. You then hit Items on the last part of the sidehop so that he is about to land or has landed on the ground. Then you RI FW and that triggers the bluewarp. As for the timing to press A on the warp, for the Child Dungeon warps it is when the camera is beginning to shrink, and for the Temples it is when the screen is turning white.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #823 on: September 07, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »

I know Zack knows how to Wrong Warp and the sidehop method Tongue he has done the any%

You can do that or inch over into the bluewarp and keep doing RI until you're in it, similar to the OoT method. Home button buffering kind of helps the RI part of it, you can advance into the frame where FW is colored and usable. You can use home buffering in all aspects of the sidehop method as well

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #824 on: September 08, 2012, 02:51:24 AM »

Okay, so I found another bug in the Sacred Forest Meadow. If you IDJ out of the Fairy Fountain into to the Moblin Maze and one of them sees you before you touch the ground, the game will crash.

*Edit: So it's not getting seen that crashes the game, it's the actual maze itself. That's some damn good programming by Nintendo.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:06:06 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: