ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:05:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830860 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #675 on: July 30, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »

There are below i dunno 10 tricks so how bout we pack em into one and put in your or my channel.
Ive tested many places.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:09:03 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #676 on: July 30, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »

Very nice work guys. I think I have new water early, but I need to test on on a different save with the water in Lake Hylia lowered, however I'm 80% sure it will work. I couldn't test last night because it was impossible to test on any of my save files. I doubt it's useful because it's useful because it requires scarecrow song and chus, but if you really hate grunz clipping it could be great. I guess it's more for knowing purposes.

Now if only someone could find WW to Serenade cutscene, we'd be all set.

Mido skip eh? Sounds nice. How was it done? Also it sounds like we're still gonna need Saria's song in just about every route to get the bracelets. However, once chus early is found, (and it will be) This could be very useful.

I will try testing with Nayru's love for a while as well. I may have some ideas as to how we can achieve such a phenomena again.

And just when I thought that this game was slowing down... Smiley

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #677 on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »

I doubt it's useful because it's useful because it requires scarecrow song and chus
Heh.
Water early is old sorry ben Sad
Youll see that mido skip in a video im going to make soon Wink it has every DJ trick found so far.
As for serenade warp. I Think the warps are shuffled from the console version, which doesnt have serenade warp. So it might be impossible.

Also a glitch that doesnt have anything to do with DJ
I tried that bongo trick with a spell (was a bit difficult because i had to use a fish to knock me into that hole Smiley)After that link was stuck in his bouncing animation, but bongo was still able to move Link. I waited about 15 minutes for him to knock link of that drum, Just when Link was on the edge of it the game crashed Sad
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:56:15 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »

OLD?!?!?!?! Dash and confound it all! Well I guess we at least know it's possible.

I doubt it would work, but do you think if Bongo had knocked him off sooner the game wouldn't have crashed? I'm guessing there's no chance that's right, but could it possibly be possible?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:20:08 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #679 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »

hey we should start testing at ganon's castle.Just imagine how awesome that would be if you could get there early Grin
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #680 on: July 30, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

Get where early? Ganon? We can do that with a hoverslide.
Also there a OOB in shadow trial using the torch right from the entrance (why is everything right from the entrance Shocked)

That reminds me I mentioned a new trials skip, but the loading zone I found is inside the barrier, also the loading zone is added by grezzo, it isnt there in the console version.

@ben not sure what caused it to crash (is it timed, does it have something to with Link?)

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #681 on: July 30, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »

Get where early? Ganon? We can do that with a hoverslide.
Also there a OOB in shadow trial using the torch right from the entrance (why is everything right from the entrance Shocked)

That reminds me I mentioned a new trials skip, but the loading zone I found is inside the barrier, also the loading zone is added by grezzo, it isnt there in the console version.

@ben not sure what caused it to crash (is it timed, does it have something to with Link?)

yes but that requires the hover boots and a hammer which you dont get until your pretty far in the game Tongue
Lor
Deku Scrub

« Reply #682 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »

Hey,

Never tried to speedrun a game till now, got interested in it watching cosmo.
Not sure where to ask, but im struggling with er, trying to practice. I can get all the way up to DC wrong warp, but i mean...do i have to get there everytime with FW on b to practice and only have 1 attempt?
(sorry not sure where i should ask)
Edit: and after typing this first post i see the question answer thread...whoops sorry for being an idiot.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #683 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »

It's alright Lor.  Anyways yes you'll unfortunately only have one attempt to pull off the wrong warp with Farore's Wind on b while practicing.

Heh just found that Mido skip. Very creative. I must say I'm also impressed by how easily I can navigate the Lost Woods unloaded Wink
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:27:40 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #684 on: July 30, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

Heh thanks ben Smiley
yes but that requires the hover boots and a hammer which you dont get until your pretty far in the game Tongue
Only hovers are needed. Tongue Tongue Tongue
PS:made an avatar its...uh...Tom help me it sucks....like a vacuum Cry
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:12:34 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #685 on: July 30, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »

it doesnt suck....well,it kept me entertained at least xD

any ways I see you guys have a bunch of spots where to use the DJ so If some one could PM me a list or post one here I can start making some videos Grin (unless of course you want to)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #686 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »

Ill make one in below 24 hours (running into some problems. Such as finding a moment when I can borrow my moms iphone.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:07:12 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #687 on: July 30, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »

ok Im going to do the Oob Lake Hylia one Grin unless anyone has any objection

edit* posted a pic of myself in the General chat thread (Im HIDEOUS!!!!!) lol
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:34:55 PM by doommaker » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #688 on: July 30, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »

Hey guys, a couple things: first, good job for being active and testing this new glitch in a lot of places, it saves me a lot of hassle especially since I don't have my 3DS right now. Second, I am a bit wary to instantly add this new Shadow Early to the route. I'm going to list the pros and cons here:

Pros
1 less wrong warp
Don't have to watch Nocturne cutscene
Very easy
1 less place we have to use Dins Fire
We can use Iron boots to skip water early (!)

Cons
We have to get Iron boots
King Zora stuff

Lots of pros, but that is a pretty big con. Also, the 1 less WW may be a moot point because knowing me I will probably want to add another one that saves time. Anyway, I hope I can experiment more with this when I have my 3DS back. Keep up the good work.

Also: Hello Lor! Please don't be shy, ask any questions you may have in Questions and Answers thread that is stickied on the main 3DS page. We don't bite  Grin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:29:47 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #689 on: July 30, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

Right now I'm thinking new Shadow early isn't going to be faster. It's more convenient that we don't have to use water early,  but it's not necessarily faster. Also in order to get iron boots we also have to get the Silver Scale, Ruto's letter,  move King Zora, and go back to get a fish... That takes a lot longer than moving King Zora. A good thing is Dins Fite would be skip-able but this means a longer forest trial, a harder time killing those fire enemies in the spirit temple, and a glitch that could very well go wrong in the shadow temple. Plus even if we don't have to watch nocturne cut scene, we still have to watch something else. Plus travel time will be longer because we can't warp to graveyard for to quickly get to shadow temple and the hookshot although getting serenade would save travel time to Lake Hylia. Aot of things to think about here,  but I think right now it's not worth it.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: