ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830846 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:37 PM »

Since we blindly created the same route, we should agree that this route is best. Later today I will record a run of this (Got an HD camera)

A while ago we came to the consensus that NewGamePlus and Regular Game were 2 different speedrun catagories. Would NG+ be legal on SDA?

Identical? Yours appear to be completely different between Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song. Shocked

NG+ should be legal on SDA.

However, I should note that MQ any% may end up being faster than Normal NG+.

You get kokiri sword, escape forest and get zelda's lullaby (get chain bridge rupees aswell).
get jabu chus.
get magic.
get farore's wind.
lake hylia.
hyrule field.
hyrule field -> lake hylia FW warp point with use restricted items.
savewarp.
deku shield.
kill gohma.
ganonless.

This route is not "exact" I just threw it together right now.

what about the wolfos cloudmax?
I knew I forgot about something since I used to have 6 deku sticks in the route.
Either get 3 deku sticks on the first visit to GC, or pick up additional rupees at the start and purchase a deku stick.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:04:53 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »

While it would be faster, I am not very fond of MQ, and since they are considered different games, I will only worry about the non MQ for now.

The Wolfos takes 1 stick in the back, in my last run I just picked up another after Zelda. How is going from Zelda to GC then all the way to Lost Woods without the bracelet and the shortcut make good time?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:15:39 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »

MQ is faster even with the current DC route, and requires one less stick, due to that trick that gets you the bomb bag right away
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »

The Jump Slash recoil does save a few minutes

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »

Yeah, we're aware of that, but since there is chus early, that should be obsolete. I assume that chus early will be faster anyway.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

You mean from jabu in MQ i hope?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #546 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »

I just messed up everywhere and got a 39:15 MQ run, using the DC route, just for a frame of reference. sub 35 is almost definitely possible for that route. It's pretty funny how messed up the credits are with that warp.

In case anyone didn't think of it, remember deku nuts are really effective against the lost woods meadow scrubs.

Also, has anyone confirmed that you can use restricted items to do the wrong warp glitch? Even if it is it has to be extremely hard. You can't use FW in boss rooms in case anyone didn't know.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:25:18 PM by poodleskirt » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #547 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

that is just unbelievable. MQ ended up being faster than regular OoT.
i'm going to mess around with this trick when i complete the 100% file i started 2 days ago.

btw, what do you need for early chus in MQ? slingshot?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #548 on: February 21, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »

I just messed up everywhere and got a 39:15 MQ run, using the DC route, just for a frame of reference. sub 35 is almost definitely possible for that route. It's pretty funny how messed up the credits are with that warp.

In case anyone didn't think of it, remember deku nuts are really effective against the lost woods meadow scrubs.

Also, has anyone confirmed that you can use restricted items to do the wrong warp glitch? Even if it is it has to be extremely hard. You can't use FW in boss rooms in case anyone didn't know.

It has been confirmed to work in the IRC. I have not tried it myself though.
Anyway, I will not run MQ, it sounds pointless to me really, unless I can get that MQ early explosives route to work for me.
I'll make a run on the regular version soon enough, I'll record it aswell.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #549 on: February 21, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »

Are those rooms in DC where slingshot is required before or after bombs? I don't recall
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #550 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »

Sorry to get you guys off topic, but I found a possibility for early BotW with hammer NG+! get any cucco and chuck it in the corner with the crate and break the crate. Then stand with Link's back up against the well, facing the cucco. slingshot it 5 times (for some reason, it is 4 if you have 50 seed bag) and after the 6th, backflip. Voila! cucco dive! now comes the problem. Swimming at the boulder clips through the top, then you fall for what I think is a few frames before you are repelled out. I have tried jumpslashing w/ megaton hammer (out of the question, too long to pull out THEN jumpslash), deku stick (faster jumpslash after pulling out, frame perfect possibility) and eventually, kokiri sword (seems it would work if pressed the exact frame Link starts falling). Can someone good with pause buffering please experiment with this? I'm trying to get one more skulltula for normal mode purple gauntlets (IF ANYONE TELLS ME I CAN GET THEM IN MQ I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!) and cannot find anymore. would be great if this works with deku stick so I can keep hammer.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #551 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »

Sorry to get you guys off topic, but I found a possibility for early BotW with hammer NG+! get any cucco and chuck it in the corner with the crate and break the crate. Then stand with Link's back up against the well, facing the cucco. slingshot it 5 times (for some reason, it is 4 if you have 50 seed bag) and after the 6th, backflip. Voila! cucco dive! now comes the problem. Swimming at the boulder clips through the top, then you fall for what I think is a few frames before you are repelled out. I have tried jumpslashing w/ megaton hammer (out of the question, too long to pull out THEN jumpslash), deku stick (faster jumpslash after pulling out, frame perfect possibility) and eventually, kokiri sword (seems it would work if pressed the exact frame Link starts falling). Can someone good with pause buffering please experiment with this? I'm trying to get one more skulltula for normal mode purple gauntlets (IF ANYONE TELLS ME I CAN GET THEM IN MQ I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!) and cannot find anymore. would be great if this works with deku stick so I can keep hammer.

Yo, you can get purple gauntlets in regular version aswell by just removing your strength upgrade using RBA on -No Mask-.

And for clipping through the rock, people have tried that a lot since like the release of oot3d when we first saw that stupid boulder. I do not think we can clip through it.

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »

Yo, you can get purple gauntlets in regular version aswell by just removing your strength upgrade using RBA on -No Mask-.

And for clipping through the rock, people have tried that a lot since like the release of oot3d when we first saw that stupid boulder. I do not think we can clip through it.

Ah... I did not know that... And I have hammer ng+, not bottle ng+, plus I suck at rba, the only things I know are gauntlets and spirit/shadow medallions and I am NOT overstuffing my inventory for no mask on II! You say yourself it 'is a horrible process!' guess I'll just equip a sword and TSC in. That's something I'm good at.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »

Are those rooms in DC where slingshot is required before or after bombs? I don't recall
Before, if you'll look at my above posts I have a video with my routes that skips slingshot need in that room

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:08 AM »

You don't need slingshot in those rooms of you use some ninja techniques to avoid fire.

I trained a lot for this and I'm able to pull it pretty often.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ttddGCX_Y

CloudMax's strat for FW WW is great.
Using it with restricted items glitch is pretty hard.

WW to boss rush selection from DT blue warp brings you in kokiri forest at the 0,0,0 point.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:01:44 AM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: