ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:31:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831090 times)
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

even if you die on that frame with a fairy?
or does your corpse / revived body jump back to the other side?

I assume you jump back to where you were.

Link moves back to where he was standing last when he gets revived, even if he is clipped when he stands back up you have no other way of pushing him through again so he just pops back out.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »

I assume you jump back to where you were.

Link moves back to where he was standing last when he gets revived, even if he is clipped when he stands back up you have no other way of pushing him through again so he just pops back out.

If I am not totally wrong, I think reviving with fairy in Majora's Mask actually help you with the clipping. Think it is used in the great bay temple BK skip?
I am not sure in what cases it works though.. I think it was done with the corner clip method that grunz found? ("grunz clip" as I call it :p)
I assume this is the main reason why he first brought up the question about it.

It would be worth testing it I guess.

BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »

If I am not totally wrong, I think reviving with fairy in Majora's Mask actually help you with the clipping. Think it is used in the great bay temple BK skip?
I am not sure in what cases it works though.. I think it was done with the corner clip method that grunz found? ("grunz clip" as I call it :p)
I assume this is the main reason why he first brought up the question about it.

It would be worth testing it I guess.
The reason you need to fairy is because if you don't die then the torch near the corner will push you back out. Smiley
CrazyGamingNerd
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »

Shadow Temple early, (without RBA).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vh10tf_g
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »

Sweet find. So only needing Shadow and Spirit for LA is confirmed now?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »

Sweet find. So only needing Shadow and Spirit for LA is confirmed now?

Since the LA CS start when you have done RBA to get those two medallions, it should still work exactly the same.

I am surprised that someone actually managed to get the hover down already. I myself gave up after a few failed attempts.
We already knew that it would work in theory, as a few people have already managed to hover almost all the way up (and the fact that it works on n64), but failed due to how annoying and hard the poe hover is. Not to mention how retardedly annoying the ISG method in itself is...

Congratz for pulling it off, and especially for doing it while recording! Smiley

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »

Shadow Temple early, (without RBA).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vh10tf_g
Wow.. you are good!, i once got half way up there and always fell :/. I've been doing this for about a month and a half. This will really help with a future Challenge!

Anyways, have you tried the "Redead Boss Key method"? When you go into the spiked rooms (Shadow Temple) boss key room, take out your sword, and the redead screeches and you go through the spikes? Do you by any chance know if this works? It would help me with lowering the Din's Fire usage. It might even confirm not needing Din's Fire at all.
Silver
« Reply #472 on: August 28, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »

Proof Oot 3D use the same program as MM: Explosiveless and Damageless FHESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDyQSl2zVjA
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »

Proof Oot 3D use the same program as MM: Explosiveless and Damageless FHESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDyQSl2zVjA

That is not a proof at all. And it is nothing new either.

Isn't that possible on n64 by the way?

If it was the Majora's Mask coding there would be ALOT of differences in the controls, like rolling towards a ledge to jump further, shielding explosions, controlling backflips, and the list continues.

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #474 on: August 28, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »

Silver (v92ify) just found that FHESS from a roll (two posts before), and it may be faster than the actual damage slide.
He meant that this ess is similar to MM's HESS but not that the roll is the same than MM's ones.

He also made a WESS from a megaflip/superswim in water and it seems to be as fast as N64 WESS.
It may lead to zora's river boulder skip.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:47:52 PM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »

Silver (v92ify) just found that FHESS from a roll (two posts before), and it may be faster than the actual damage slide.
He meant that this ess is similar to MM's HESS but not that the roll is the same than MM's ones.

He also made a WESS from a megaflip/superswim in water and it seems to be as fast as N64 WESS.
It may lead to zora's river boulder skip.

Haven't you always been able to FHESS from a roll? Or is that 3ds exclusive? I start a FHESS using skulltulas like that time to time.
I've even tried to do boulder skips for a while already using FHESS started by rolling into the skulltula. You also have a spot in the river that allows you to start a slide, I did not manage to clip through the rocks though.
I have also tried to sideroll to jump around the rocks.
I did not succeed with any of them though.

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2011, 10:42:41 PM »

I DID IT CLOUD! Cheesy

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »

I DID IT CLOUD! Cheesy

Did you manage to clip?... T__T''

Because if you did then.. How?! o.0

Did you have to do something when sliding against the rocks to get the actual clip? Like, pulling out the sword or something?

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »

I told you I was trying Ganondorf in on cycle yesterday. I did it.

4 jumpslashes and two hits. The first jumpslash must hit right before it ends. Then mash jumpslasges, and you should be able to get two more hits before the end.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »

I told you I was trying Ganondorf in on cycle yesterday. I did it.

4 jumpslashes and two hits. The first jumpslash must hit right before it ends. Then mash jumpslasges, and you should be able to get two more hits before the end.

Holy ****.
Are you serious?! If you seriously managed to do a one cycle then you just saved NG+ from a horrible nerf!
Not being able to one cycle would add like 15 minutes to the run, which is just awful.

It would be awesome if you could record it Smiley

I think I've managed to do 4 jumpslashes and 1 hit, but not 2 hits.

______

It is possible to sell the content of a "fake bottle" as long as you have a legit bottle filled with content that you can sell.
Example:
1. I try to sell some bugs I have on B, while my cucco bottle is empty. (which obviously can't be sold). He wont purchase the bugs you have on B.
2. I try to sell some bugs I have on B, while my cucco bottle is filled with green potion (which you can't sell). He wont purchase the bugs you have on B.
3. I try to sell some bugs I have on B, while my cucco bottle is filled with a fish (which you can sell). He will buy the bugs you had on B.

So basically when you try to sell bottled content, the game will check if you have a legit bottle containing something that can be sold.
I have no idea why it does that.

I fail to understand how the hell they coded bottle related stuff. The checks that the game perform is odd in so many ways.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:08:19 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: