ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830885 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »

You can always dismount epona right side when you ride trough loading zone with her. If you do this Link will always dismount rigth side of epona, no matter what.
This works on N64 version and on 3ds version too. I just tried it and I clipped inside of wall in lon lon ranch and in hyrule field.

Hope this helped! Cheesy

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »

You can always dismount epona right side when you ride trough loading zone with her. If you do this Link will always dismount rigth side of epona, no matter what.
This works on N64 version and on 3ds version too. I just tried it and I clipped inside of wall in lon lon ranch and in hyrule field.

Hope this helped! Cheesy

Ohh, you're right. It all makes sense to me now. Gotto go test something now Tongue
I find it odd though. Why would they not check if you can dismount to the right after entering a scene? It is just weird.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:31:14 AM by CloudMax » Logged

DarkUGS
Deku Scrub

Ocarina Of Time 3D Glitches

« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2011, 02:36:40 AM »

Yea The Only Thing You Have To Do Is To Get Into A Loading Zone With Epona And Then You Will Dismount To The Rigth. But!... You Have One Shot> You Have 1 Try If You Fail You Will Have To Get Out Of There And Come Back Again To That Loading Zone. http://youtu.be/xfJI09jiJvI

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »

First of all, I did not find the clip for the lake hylia house with epona.
It was found by brynnagiadrosich.

You do not post 3 times in a row, you could simply edit the post.

There is no reason to post an useless clip such as the one in fire temple. It has already been recorded multiple times anyway, as people used it as an example to show the clip. You even say "Found By Me" on every single clip you do with that glitch in the game.
The clips works on pretty much all 90 degree corners, and most of them has already been done by multiple people. Unless it is useful, I do not see a point in recording it.

You do not really have to repeat exactly what we said about the epona clipping either =/ And have you realised how annoying it is to read your post when you put a big letter on every single word? Sad

I thought it would be worth mentioning that if you want to get master sword back after getting an item on B, all you have to do is disable the B button somehow, then travel back and forth in time while it is disabled.
A very easy way to do this is by saving the game while in water, or while grabbing a ledge. Doing that disables the B button.
This obviously require you to beat forest temple first, but this is an alternate way to get it back for those who do not want to get giant's knife or biggorons sword.

Speak with a sheikah stone and get hit by a bomb at the same time and the game will soft freeze. Does not matter which option you choose while interacting, the game just get stuck.

HOWEVER, interacting with it when you have 0 hearts does not seem to freeze at all. I could enter the stone without any trouble, and when I exited I died instantly. So nothing odd happened.

This is one annoying sign...

That's what you get for repairing a sign with zeldas lullaby, and destroy the lower part at the same time...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:04:36 AM by CloudMax » Logged

k~4w4~ii
Deku Scrub

« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »

I Personally Think You Should Get Rid Of That Description Since Grunz Found It  Wink
DarkUGS
Deku Scrub

« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »

Ok, I Will Change All My Grunnz Clip Video Descriptions Sorry Sad

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #456 on: August 23, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »

Found something sort of interesting. In 3D, there are actually some areas where you CAN use the stolen rod; however, all it will do is cause Link to perform the casting animation and then soft freeze. (Where you can and can't cast seems to be determined by the terrain or possibly the coordinates that you're standing on. Steps to the Kakariko windmill and puddle in the grotto outside of Lake Hylia work, for example.)

The interesting part is that if you place a bomb behind you and then cast, you will exit the soft freeze and, if you were stuck in the "line cast" pose, "Reel" will be frozen on the A button. All this does, to my knowledge, is disable Z-Targeting, though it may have other effects.

By the way, is it just me, or is the last 7% or so of the seam just to the left of the Gerudo Valley entrance (Hyrule Field entrance) impossible to climb? I always fall off just before reaching the top and I noticed that the last bit is a little steeper than the rest.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:59:57 PM by lemonairable » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #457 on: August 23, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

Found something sort of interesting. In 3D, there are actually some area where you CAN use the stolen rod; however, all it will do is cause Link to perform the casting animation and then soft freeze. (Where you can and can't cast seems to be determined by the terrain or possibly the coordinates that you're standing on. Steps to the Kakariko windmill and puddle in the grotto outside of Lake Hylia work, for example.)

The interesting part is that if you place a bomb behind you and then cast, you will exit the soft freeze and, if you were stuck in the "line cast" pose, "Reel" will be frozen on the A button. All this does, to my knowledge, is disable Z-Targeting, though it may have other effects.

By the way, is it just me, or is the last 7% or so of the seam just to the left of the Gerudo Valley entrance (Hyrule Field entrance) impossible to climb? I always fall off just before reaching the top and I noticed that the last bit is a little steeper than the rest.

The rod softfreeze is pretty old, it was the first useless thing we found with the rod in 3ds, before we turned it into a stick. From my knowledge you can simply use any warp song after stealing the rod and it gets enabled. Maybe even just enter a new area, but I'm not sure about that.

And are you using the correct seam at gerudos valley? If you're climbing the one to the left of the entrance from hyrule field, then it's the wrong one. I tried to climb that one for days without success.
You're suppost to climb a seam that is to the right of the bridge, next to the ledge.

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #458 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

The rod softfreeze is pretty old, it was the first useless thing we found with the rod in 3ds, before we turned it into a stick. From my knowledge you can simply use any warp song after stealing the rod and it gets enabled. Maybe even just enter a new area, but I'm not sure about that.

And are you using the correct seam at gerudos valley? If you're climbing the one to the left of the entrance from hyrule field, then it's the wrong one. I tried to climb that one for days without success.
You're suppost to climb a seam that is to the right of the bridge, next to the ledge.

So it seems that the seam to the left of the Hyrule Field entrance is, indeed, impossible to climb. I would use the one to the right of the bridge, but it's so risky!

I'm pretty sure most (or all) of this is old, but I'm gonna go ahead and post a list of places that I've managed to enter using a variety of techniques:

-Child Spirit Temple (Hookshot Clip as Adult Link. Pretty sure this is the only one that is loaded before you enter it, enemies and all.)
-Deku Tree (Hammerslide version as Adult Link. Use the sprout on top of Saria's House.)
-Water Temple Main Room (Hookshot Clip from the room with the waterfall and the hookshotable platforms. The area does not load, but neither does the water. Not sure if that's useful or not.)
-Deku Tree Main Room (Hookshot clip. Hook the vines on the left from within the Compass Room. The room doesn't load.)
-Partially loaded BF of Deku Tree (Hookshot clip. This one's pretty interesting. Hook the vines that lead to B2F from the room with the bombable walls and the crawlspace. None of the actors load, so this really doesn't do anything, though.)

Other Stuff:
-Actor Duping in Dodongo's Cavern four times will crash the game unless you remove some of the actors before the fourth dupe.
-In original Ocarina of Time, there seem to be some items in Bottle Adventure that affect the values of in-game variables. I've come to this conclusion after using Big Poe on B and Cojiro on C-Right. Before the RBA, Navi was saying her typical "Let's go to the Spirit Temple!" quote. Afterward, she said "Impa said that the Spiritual Stone of Fire is located somewhere on Death Mountain." I already had all the Stones and Medallions, even after the RBA. Before that, I was using Bottled Bug on B and Cojiro on C-Right and beat the Gerudo Archery game once (Heart Piece reward) with that set-up.
-You can Hookshot right through the walls of Jabu-Jabu's Belly, but I don't think there's anything you can actually hook in there, which really limits the use of this.

Questions:
-How do you use the Hover Boots to reach the Graveyard cliffs? I saw CloudMax post something about it earlier, but I don't think it was ever elaborated on.
-Does collision data for torches and chests remain loaded even after leaving a room? I'm pretty sure that torches don't and chests do, unless the chest must be made to appear by a puzzle.
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2011, 05:23:24 AM »

Ok... I think that I might have just sort of skipped the Door of Time, or really just clipped through it and died with 80% of Link's body on the other side... and no fairy to revive me so that I could see if it worked or not.

Requires:
-Jumpslash (Possibly the Master Sword jumpslash. That's what I used.)
-Bomb
-Fairy (Probably.)

I did it like this:
-Face Door of Time and walk as close as you can to it.
-Place bomb behind Link using "Use Restricted Items"
-Perform a jumpslash so that the bomb damages Link on the single frame that he clips through the door.
-I'm not sure if that's enough. It might be. I don't think I've managed to replicate it yet without the death at the end.
-If you do die, having a fairy to revive you MAY allow you to come back to life on the other side of the door.

Here's the problem. I can't confirm that this would work, since the one time that I did die and managed to clip (which was slightly to the left of the door's center, on Master Quest.), I didn't have a fairy. :/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:27:00 AM by lemonairable » Logged
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »

It wont work, you can clip through every wall in the game for 1 frame with a JS, but it's never enough to get out to the other side.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
kokiri.swordsman
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #461 on: August 24, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »

even if you die on that frame with a fairy?
or does your corpse / revived body jump back to the other side?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »

To get up onto the wall of the graveyard with hover boots you have to get up onto the small house, and then perform a hoverboost.
You hoverboost across the wood fence towards the wall and perform a backflip when you reach it, to gain enough height to end up on it.
The wall itself is very easy to walk on, it is not like on n64.

You can easily get to the shadow temple entrance while it is unloaded.

DarkUGS
Deku Scrub

« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2011, 02:07:53 AM »

i will try this Cheesy

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »

I was trying to get to Shadow Temple, without Poe Hover or RBA/BA'ing, and made no success :/. There has to be a way.. Anyways, do you think its possible to get onto the Seam with a Bombchu Damage Boost? When you go on top of the box with the Heart Piece in it, look toward the entrance (you wont see it, but you'll see the brown gate and the seam, if you throw a bomb on the corner of the seam, it shows that the seam can be stood on. So i tried megaflipping and no use yet :/

Also, ive been trying two more things (i know im sorry if im trying to discover many glitches)
1) Mido Skip, nothing :/ i tried megaflip/damage boost, FHESS, and triple slash clip ..

2) Haunted Wasteland without Bombs / Power Bracelet, it's possible because when you side jump you are able to land on the rock wall, but just fall. So there has to be a perfect angle to get on it by side jumping :/. Also, Haunted wasteland had no success either, I tried the QuickSand back walk and Side jumping. BUT I HAVE ANOTHER THEORY, remember how you could skip Kaepora Gora's cutscenes, but Deku stick / Sword Switchout technique? It looked like Link is walking backwards like a Superslide, will this work with Sword / Boomerang? it seems easier :O
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: