ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:55:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831065 times)
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #435 on: August 10, 2011, 03:37:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/KT6134

Found him today, he has some interesting things. Not sure if he's already on ZPR.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #436 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »

There wasn't really anything new on his channel, except for the soft freeze, which isn't really helpful. Smiley
And now that I saw his training grounds video, I feel like making one too that is much faster.
The reason why you can do it alot faster is because of the improved clipping method. It allows you to hook right onto the ice arrow chest, and then directly back by hitting another fence. (so you wont have to walk around)

Edit: Okay, I got both clips first try on the first recording. It went fine. I did however not use a bomb to megaflip at the end, as I probably would fail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQqvXHaou9k
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:33:41 AM by CloudMax » Logged

SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »

Either way, he has potential to discover something new so I'll be keeping my eye on him.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #438 on: August 10, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

Serenade cutscene skip still possible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRYPlFQ5ys
It was hard as hell, especially when I had no idea how I was suppost to pull it off.
The first few times I ended up getting damaged after picking up the iron boots, resulting in me watching the CS with 0 hearts.
Ohh well, atleast it works!

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »

I've found two very interesting glitches, both involving the ladder just outside of Link's house. Both involve firing the longshot (or hookshot, depending) at either the top right corner of the ladder or just below the top right corner of the ladder (where the ladder covers the side of the platform).

When firing the longshot at either the top right corner or just slightly below the top right corner, Link will perform one of three actions:

-Simply fall, and if you're holding up grab the ladder midway down it.

-Grab the platform and clip halfway through it. Pressing up makes Link climb through the platform and onto it.

-This is the odd one. Link will sometimes grab the air a good distance above the ladder as though it were a ledge. Pressing up causes him to climb in midair, and then fall.

I don't know if this works on other ladders (I haven't had any luck with it.) or if there are any uses for this, but I figured I would post it anyway.

And one more thing. How do you perform the most recent Longshot clip and the Mido duplication glitch? I can't seem to hook the ladder in the Lost Woods or properly clip through the wall.

Also, is there any way that we could use the Longshot to actually enter the Bottom of the Well as an adult? I just want to know if there are any hookable targets that can be reached by clipping at the entrance. (And no, the ladder is not hookable. I tried that, although I remember there being hookable pieces of wood lying around the entrance, but that may have been only in the N64 version.)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »

I've found two very interesting glitches, both involving the ladder just outside of Link's house. Both involve firing the longshot (or hookshot, depending) at either the top right corner of the ladder or just below the top right corner of the ladder (where the ladder covers the side of the platform).

When firing the longshot at either the top right corner or just slightly below the top right corner, Link will perform one of three actions:

-Simply fall, and if you're holding up grab the ladder midway down it.

-Grab the platform and clip halfway through it. Pressing up makes Link climb through the platform and onto it.

-This is the odd one. Link will sometimes grab the air a good distance above the ladder as though it were a ledge. Pressing up causes him to climb in midair, and then fall.

I don't know if this works on other ladders (I haven't had any luck with it.) or if there are any uses for this, but I figured I would post it anyway.

And one more thing. How do you perform the most recent Longshot clip and the Mido duplication glitch? I can't seem to hook the ladder in the Lost Woods or properly clip through the wall.

Also, is there any way that we could use the Longshot to actually enter the Bottom of the Well as an adult? I just want to know if there are any hookable targets that can be reached by clipping at the entrance. (And no, the ladder is not hookable. I tried that, although I remember there being hookable pieces of wood lying around the entrance, but that may have been only in the N64 version.)

For BotW, the wood is still there. However, we can not reach it due to the walls and stuff. The angle makes it impossible as you either hit a wall or the floor when you want to clip through the wall onto it.

And for the ladder, you can get many results.
The ladder in lost woods have a fence to the left of it.
If you hook the upper left of the ladder you sometimes clip and grab onto the ground on the other side of the fence, resulting in you being out of bounds. so if you drop you fall down into the void.

---------------

By interacting with Ingo and dying at the same time (speak with him while you have 0 hearts) and pay to ride, you'll spawn on the other side like you normally would.
However, you will die directly after, and if you choose to continue playing you'll get stuck in there without a timer or anything. Ingo will stand on the other side of the fence and you can't interact with him. You are allowed to use items though.

Nothing special happens if you do this with a bottled fairy. You just ressurect in there and nothing changes.

----------------

By dismounting epona while being in a 90 degree corner you can clip through it. This works on pretty much any 90 degree angle.
I do not know exactly what it is that causes link to dismount on the opposite side, because when I mount onto epona without moving her, I can't replicate it. Maybe you have to dismount quickly after reaching the location or something. Or the game is just totally random.

-----------------

Alot of mask trading stuff I have messed around with:

In order to trade in a mask that is on your B button you have to equip the mask and interact with the NPC at the same time, as the game automatically unequips the mask instantly after equipping it.
You can delay the auto-unequipping by rolling and pressing B at the same time. you will not unequip the mask until you're done rolling. You can interact and trade a mask during the roll.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Spooky mask on B
keaton mask on II
Trade spokey mask

Result:
keaton mask turns into sold out and moves to inventory
shop acts as if you sold the spooky mask
Bunny hood unlocked

Spooky mask on B
keaton mask on II
Trade keaton mask
Trade Spooky mask

result:
keaton mask turns into sold out and moves to inventory
shop acts as if you sold the spokey mask
Skull mask and Bunny hood unlocked

Have atleast 2 masks unlocked
Dupe over Keaton Mask

Result:
shop acts if you have a mask, but all unlocked masks is available to choose from

Only have keaton mask unlocked
Dupe over Keaton Mask

result:
shop acts as if you haven't sold the mask yet and wont allow you to lend a mask.
The keaton mask will be at the shop shelf.

If you trade in another mask (by having it on B) after this, you will get access to the mask shop again.
Keaton mask will still act as if you haven't sold it, and it will say that it costs 10 rupees to borrow.
If you trade the keaton mask now and return to the shop, you wont have to pay the salesman those 10 rupees.
He will act as if you have already payed the fee earlier.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:40:35 PM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #441 on: August 14, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »

While i was trying to do the Megaflip / Damage boost onto Gerudo Valley gate, i got kind of curious of a seam that looked like it was able to be walked on. It's the seam closest to the waterfall. The bottom of the seam is right off the ledge of the huge fissure. I managed to get to the top of the seam, as i got to the top and was able to walk in a circle, i went right and found a solid ground area enough for a megaflip! I megaflipped AND as soon as i was going to make the ledge where the guards were, the guard caught me..? The guard was watching the other guard (When there both by the gate). I was so far away from her and she wasn't even looking at me? So i was still in the air and you just saw the guard say "HALT YOU THERE", I fell straight down into the fissure, and the cutscene of me being thrown into the fissure, as if i was up there already...

Anyways i tried again as a child... MADE IT LUCKILY... but i went when she was looking at me, and nothing happened.. until.. i went by where the tent is when you're an adult and out of nowhere the guard says... "Halt you there.." I know it's possible.. because, the right side of the gate (Closest to the rock wall) isn't seen by the guards but, for some reason when the guards turned away i get caught, even when im nowhere near them?

Also, i went higher again the 3rd time and managed to sort of unload the gate and the other side of the gate (Guard Side) and the guards weren't there? But, this time i went to the left where the guards were (They were unloaded) and as i made it to the fortress zone, i got caught...

P.s. - To unload the loading zone for the gate and guard's side, i went on the seam, walked toward where the half log bridge is and towards the entrance, ran back and found it unloaded. I went through the unloaded gate and then right byt he Fortress.. caught... -_-

EDIT: If you use the convienent cucco and get up, you can fly over to the other side, AND GET PAST THE "LINE" where the guards can see you. This means you can get to Gerudo Fortress MUCH easier than megaflip / Damage boost. (I'm making a video right now, showing it's possible and will take much less time than MF/DB
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:46:55 PM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #442 on: August 15, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

While i was trying to do the Megaflip / Damage boost onto Gerudo Valley gate, i got kind of curious of a seam that looked like it was able to be walked on. It's the seam closest to the waterfall. The bottom of the seam is right off the ledge of the huge fissure. I managed to get to the top of the seam, as i got to the top and was able to walk in a circle, i went right and found a solid ground area enough for a megaflip! I megaflipped AND as soon as i was going to make the ledge where the guards were, the guard caught me..? The guard was watching the other guard (When there both by the gate). I was so far away from her and she wasn't even looking at me? So i was still in the air and you just saw the guard say "HALT YOU THERE", I fell straight down into the fissure, and the cutscene of me being thrown into the fissure, as if i was up there already...

Anyways i tried again as a child... MADE IT LUCKILY... but i went when she was looking at me, and nothing happened.. until.. i went by where the tent is when you're an adult and out of nowhere the guard says... "Halt you there.." I know it's possible.. because, the right side of the gate (Closest to the rock wall) isn't seen by the guards but, for some reason when the guards turned away i get caught, even when im nowhere near them?

Also, i went higher again the 3rd time and managed to sort of unload the gate and the other side of the gate (Guard Side) and the guards weren't there? But, this time i went to the left where the guards were (They were unloaded) and as i made it to the fortress zone, i got caught...

P.s. - To unload the loading zone for the gate and guard's side, i went on the seam, walked toward where the half log bridge is and towards the entrance, ran back and found it unloaded. I went through the unloaded gate and then right byt he Fortress.. caught... -_-

EDIT: If you use the convienent cucco and get up, you can fly over to the other side, AND GET PAST THE "LINE" where the guards can see you. This means you can get to Gerudo Fortress MUCH easier than megaflip / Damage boost. (I'm making a video right now, showing it's possible and will take much less time than MF/DB

Wait, are you talking about the seam walk that is on the left wall when you enter gerudos valley?
Have you managed to get up there with a cucco, or are you using another seam?

Because I mentioned this seam a few weeks back, but people didn't think it would be possible to get all the way up using that one.

If not, then I am just all confused about what you're saying.

Edit:
Ehh, nvm. I just went to the area and I think I found the seam you're talking about. It is next to the edge where you fall down, to the right of the bridge, right?
That seam is pretty damn scary to climb. I was hoping for it to be somewhat easier, as I would have used it in my NG+ RTA attempts then.

-------------

Equip and RBA "- No Mask -" (sold out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qhg4ar5fYg
For more info about inventory overstuffing, check the thread I created for it.

This video is obviously focusing on how to RBA - No Mask -, but I plan to make another video later where I just show the overstuffing glitch itself. I'll probably get around making a page for this on ZSR later.

Also, school starts on wednesday so I may not have as much time to do stuff soon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:17:51 PM by CloudMax » Logged

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #443 on: August 15, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »

Wait, are you talking about the seam walk that is on the left wall when you enter gerudos valley?
Have you managed to get up there with a cucco, or are you using another seam?

Because I mentioned this seam a few weeks back, but people didn't think it would be possible to get all the way up using that one.

If not, then I am just all confused about what you're saying.

Edit:
Ehh, nvm. I just went to the area and I think I found the seam you're talking about. It is next to the edge where you fall down, to the right of the bridge, right?
That seam is pretty damn scary to climb. I was hoping for it to be somewhat easier, as I would have used it in my NG+ RTA attempts then.

The seam is scary yes, but 20% of the time, i fall into the fissure. I got up there with cucco (as i said above) and made it to the other side of the gate, passed the "invisible line" where the guards have no chance of seeing you. I guess some people can say it's harder or easier than MF/DB, but you can get to Gerudo's fortress with no bombs! Which is useless at this point sadly... but, i'm also trying to find various ways of getting to Spirit Temple with no bombs. Theres only 1 cautious part of the seam. It's getting the jump to reach the other side (The jump is a little ledge, need the right angle and distance.) In my opinion though, it's a bit harder than MF/DB, but it might be useful in the future with no bombs to ST.

P.s. - If you don't jump off the seam, you just slowly fall down into the fissure.. Sad
Silver
« Reply #444 on: August 15, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »

I've a new swordless link method (I'm know as v92ify on youtube).

Hope you use it...
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #445 on: August 17, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »

Please, CloudMax, tell me more about this 90 degree Epona clipping.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #446 on: August 17, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »

Please, CloudMax, tell me more about this 90 degree Epona clipping.

Basically what I do is that I backwalk while on epona into a 90 degree corner so that epona is slightly clipped into it.
If you try to clip to much, it will push you out.

However, if you get it just right and dismount, link sometimes jump off of epona towards the corner instead of the other direction, resulting in you landing on the other side of it.

I do not know any consistent ways of doing it, I actually fail at it like 49/50 of the times, if not more. I've managed to do it 4-5 times in total at different locations, but I have no idea exactly what triggers the glitch.

Even if you do not move epona after doing the clip, you may not get it the second time. It could be related to how fast you do it, from which direction you mount onto epona, etc.

qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #447 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »

I tried this sometime ago because someone used it to try to get into the water temple early. I think the direction you dismount is the direction you mount but I can't test it at the moment.

I'm gay
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #448 on: August 17, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

I think the direction you dismount is the direction you mount but I can't test it at the moment.
That's how it works. Mount left then it dismounts you left. Mount right and it dismounts you right.

UNLESS you're trying to dismount onto a wall or other object, at which time it dismounts you to the side free of obstacles - opposite of the side you mounted.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #449 on: August 17, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »

That's how it works. Mount left then it dismounts you left. Mount right and it dismounts you right.

UNLESS you're trying to dismount onto a wall or other object, at which time it dismounts you to the side free of obstacles - opposite of the side you mounted.

Yeah, that is basically what it is. (That is why I said "from which direction you mount onto epona, etc." because that is the most logical reason I could come up with)
Still, I am pretty sure that he didn't clip the second time, even though I mounted from the right side. That is why I wasn't sure about it.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: