ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:15:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 831035 times)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »

Has anyone tried the one kazooie found (I think) where you grab the skultula and have a bomb beside you and if you time it right the bomb kills you and you get the skultula?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:06:18 AM by D U F I » Logged
LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2011, 05:39:30 PM »

Well, skipping Saria's song finally caught up with me. There's not a single way I can find to get past Mido. I've tried backflipping and megaflipping, but it looks like this is where the game ends for me.
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

Well, skipping Saria's song finally caught up with me. There's not a single way I can find to get past Mido. I've tried backflipping and megaflipping, but it looks like this is where the game ends for me.

You might be able to do something with BA. I can't think of anything at the top of my head though
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »

Try to find a way to get up onto the tree to the right of the path to the deku tree. I found a way to do it as adult (hoverboost), it allows you to reach deku tree as adult link, but it should also allow you to get to dekutree without having sword.

LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

Try to find a way to get up onto the tree to the right of the path to the deku tree. I found a way to do it as adult (hoverboost), it allows you to reach deku tree as adult link, but it should also allow you to get to dekutree without having sword.

Thanks, but I meant Mido when he's blocking the path to Sacred forest meadow. Without Saria's song, it seems impossible. The backflip method is gone, megaflipping doesn't seem to do anything, and it's generally a dead end. So, skipping saria's song is pretty much out of the question for now.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »

Thanks, but I meant Mido when he's blocking the path to Sacred forest meadow. Without Saria's song, it seems impossible. The backflip method is gone, megaflipping doesn't seem to do anything, and it's generally a dead end. So, skipping saria's song is pretty much out of the question for now.

Ohh, right, I am stupid.
I just figured that zeldas lullaby removes mido as young link, and not sarias song..
Well, for Mido as adult I've tried everything. Megaflip and megasidehop from all possible angles. bombslide from both sides at full speed.
Talking with mido during the bombslide to clip into him (like on n64 when you can interact with a guard will doing ESS or crouch stab recoil to clip into them).
Nothing worked. I tried pretty much everything.

As far as I know, you can not RBA sarias song or Minuet of Forest.. And as far as I know, nothing makes Mido despawn, including getting medallion, etc.

WannaGoFast
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »

potential door of time skip? go in to ToT with half a heart, put down a bomb near a TSC-area. get killed at the same time you are meant to clip, let a fairy revive you and possibly be on other side of wall?

could work, maybe.. i tried messing around with fairies and bombs before but no dice, maybe someone else could give it a go?
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »

potential door of time skip? go in to ToT with half a heart, put down a bomb near a TSC-area. get killed at the same time you are meant to clip, let a fairy revive you and possibly be on other side of wall?

could work, maybe.. i tried messing around with fairies and bombs before but no dice, maybe someone else could give it a go?

There's only one frame that Link is clipped into the DoT, so timing the bomb to hit you on that frame is going to be extremely difficult. Also when the fairy revives you, you'll probably just fall Sad
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »

Fhess let you half clip repetitively. You can pull out a bomb and try. It will be easier.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2011, 10:29:08 PM »

Fhess let you half clip repetitively. You can pull out a bomb and try. It will be easier.

Problem is that we do not get any kind of recoil of off a bomb during FHESS, so we can not clip with help of an explosive during that. Sad

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »

In MQ you're able to skip saria's song and darunia due to early bombchu.
But, you know, we still need zelda's lullaby sooner or later in order to get magic.
Can't you just do that as adault with the OoT?

I got a similar effect before where I wasnt able to interact with an object after messing around with my sword.
I do not think this has anything to do with ISG though.
Probably has to do with how they fixed ISG.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »

Can't you just do that as adault with the OoT?
No because you need Saria's Song and Power Bracelet to get into Dodongo's Cavern, and you have to beat this temple to get Goron's Ruby, a key to open the Door of Time. So you can't become an adult.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #327 on: July 10, 2011, 11:51:45 PM »

No because you need Saria's Song and Power Bracelet to get into Dodongo's Cavern, and you have to beat this temple to get Goron's Ruby, a key to open the Door of Time. So you can't become an adult.
Öhm didn't you read the quote I was answering to?
I was talking about MQ, where we have early bombchus, with which we can play through Dodongos Cavern without the power bracelet.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »

the problem in MQ is mido. skipping saria's song is not possible until that fucker is bypassed.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ByrZ
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »

Nice, Glitches0and0stuff found ISG (some of you might already know). This works on original and OoT3D, I just tested.

EDIT (removed old info): So I can now confirm that ISG gets deactivated when you take your sword off. I have succesfully hovered off an enemy a moment being too close to land and I believe that you can hover if you're high enough (lol). I also have an idea for bomb hovering (only 2 bombs tho), you throw a bomb near you, then two bombs in row so the first one doesn't hit them. Then you time a jumpslash having a fairy so you hit the edge of the first explosion and get ISG. I'm not 100% sure does the bomb timing freeze during the cutscene but if it does, you should be able to hover off the last bombs, maybe you could steal Epona, skip trials, etc.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:25:34 PM by ByrZ » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: