ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830881 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »

I've filmed both of those tricks a few days ago, but the geiser skip uses a damage extended super slide and not the damage boost + hover boots. You can also skip the geiser with the crouch stab hammer recoil followed by hover boots to get the recoil boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ghBa1Y7nM

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »

Has anyone found a way to bypass the fairy ocarina yet? I've been theorizing about it for a while but I can't think of a way around Dodongo's Cavern. The Jabu-Jabu portion isn't a problem, as you can Navi dive into Zora's domain from Lake Hylia, and get the silver scale then.

But with Dodongo's Cavern, you would either need to bypass the wall to Darunia's room, or skip the giant rock blocking the entrance.

Of course, this is essentially pointless.

EDIT: What am I thinking, you can't play Saria's song to Darunia without an ocarina!  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:52:14 PM by LakesideLaboratory » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

Has anyone found a way to bypass the fairy ocarina yet? I've been theorizing about it for a while but I can't think of a way around Dodongo's Cavern. The Jabu-Jabu portion isn't a problem, as you can Navi dive into Zora's domain from Lake Hylia, and get the silver scale then.

But with Dodongo's Cavern, you would either need to bypass the wall to Darunia's room, or skip the giant rock blocking the entrance.

Of course, this is essentially pointless.

EDIT: What am I thinking, you can't play Saria's song to Darunia without an ocarina!  Tongue

In MQ you're able to skip saria's song and darunia due to early bombchu.
But, you know, we still need zelda's lullaby sooner or later in order to get magic.

LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »

In MQ you're able to skip saria's song and darunia due to early bombchu.
But, you know, we still need zelda's lullaby sooner or later in order to get magic.

Yeah, it's completely pointless, but I've been working on a low% file and it seemed pretty significant. I've been trying for a while now to do some kind of triple slash clip past the boulder, but it just wouldn't work. As far as I know (haven't actually tried, but haven't seen any confirmation.), there isn't an easy way to get bombchu's that doesn't require getting something else. Oh well, might just start a low% master quest file instead then  Roll Eyes

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, there are purple gauntlets in this game. Whilst I was messing around with bottle on B, I got purple instead of the green ones I was expecting. I just realised that this is because I skipped the Goron bracelet on my MQ low%.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:12:00 PM by LakesideLaboratory » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2011, 05:18:41 AM »

I've filmed both of those tricks a few days ago, but the geiser skip uses a damage extended super slide and not the damage boost + hover boots. You can also skip the geiser with the crouch stab hammer recoil followed by hover boots to get the recoil boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ghBa1Y7nM

lol beaten on my own trick. at least i confirmed it on my own.

those purple gauntlets sound nifty.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »

Purple gauntlets for those who would like to see them:

And fairy ocarina as adult (not that clear):

I'm finally getting into this game properly.

lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #291 on: July 05, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »

Just one question: How do I get early Bombchus in Master Quest? I've tried reaching the chest in the Bottom of the Well using TSC, but to my knowledge, there isn't a single acute angle in the entire Bottom of the Well.
LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #292 on: July 05, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »

Just one question: How do I get early Bombchus in Master Quest? I've tried reaching the chest in the Bottom of the Well using TSC, but to my knowledge, there isn't a single acute angle in the entire Bottom of the Well.

After you have the slingshot, you can navi dive to Zora's Domain from Lake Hylia. From here, you can do all the things to get into Jabu-Jabu, and in MQ there's simply a chest with 10 bombchu's not too far into the dungeon.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #293 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »

Purple gauntlets for those who would like to see them:

And fairy ocarina as adult (not that clear):

I'm finally getting into this game properly.

I assume the purple gauntlets is one of the n64 gauntlets, except that they have changed the color?

How did you get purple?

LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »

How did you get purple?

The purple ones replace the black ones, I think. From what I gather, it's based on what strength upgrade you have, and seeing as I skipped the goron bracelet, I should have black. This makes me if wonder if any of the other colours have changed.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »

Yeah, some of my MQ videos has Link wearing the Purple Gauntlets.
It is also the reliable way of getting the Double Defense Powerup.

Volvagia still hides underneath the map before the battle starts and you can hammer recoil + hover boots slide to go Out of Bounds in the Forest Temple (the same area where you TSC to skip the boss key).

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
WannaGoFast
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #296 on: July 05, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

does the restricted item anywhere trick work in the temple of time? i've been attempting for a while however i just can't seem to do it right at this moment Sad or is it actually not possible here?

if it is it may be possible to do a new Door of Time skip? i'm not sure. when trying to triple slash clip into the walls you definitely clip through something (in the back corners, i tried) however i couldn't get my slingshot out to test whether a clip is possible?
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #297 on: July 05, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

does the restricted item anywhere trick work in the temple of time? i've been attempting for a while however i just can't seem to do it right at this moment Sad or is it actually not possible here?

if it is it may be possible to do a new Door of Time skip? i'm not sure. when trying to triple slash clip into the walls you definitely clip through something (in the back corners, i tried) however i couldn't get my slingshot out to test whether a clip is possible?

It does work, just got to work on your timing.

And so far, we have no way of clipping through the Door of Time
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #298 on: July 05, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »

It does work, just got to work on your timing.

And so far, we have no way of clipping through the Door of Time

Slingshot does not work however.
It cant be an item that you pull out and use afterwards.

WannaGoFast
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #299 on: July 05, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up Smiley

I recall seeing someone earlier in this thread being close to through the door but not quite - may I ask how they went about achieving this?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: