ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 830746 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2011, 06:20:33 PM »

So.. yeah.. One of my subscribers happened to find this amazing glitch of awesomeness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnL5cOJTzs&feature=player_embedded
SKIP FOREST TEMPLE BOSS KEY DAMNIT

I managed to get down there with the place unloaded, but he found a way to actually get into the boss rooms loading zone! Smiley

SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

Might be able to skip boss key in the fire temple, this is about as close as I can get: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKOZct4RFxU
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:39:17 PM by SnowMan » Logged
Kazerei
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »

Has anyone been able to do Triple Slash Clip or Triple Slash Dive with the Megaton Hammer instead?  I just started a new game with the Hammer on B.  It's pretty fun, heh.  I've messed around with it a little, but I suck at getting glitches to work :\
Nitroturbostar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »

Has anyone been able to do Triple Slash Clip or Triple Slash Dive with the Megaton Hammer instead?  I just started a new game with the Hammer on B.  It's pretty fun, heh.  I've messed around with it a little, but I suck at getting glitches to work :\
I think triple slash cancel won't work with two handed things.
Valkskorn
Deku Scrub

« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »

So.. yeah.. One of my subscribers happened to find this amazing glitch of awesomeness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnL5cOJTzs&feature=player_embedded
SKIP FOREST TEMPLE BOSS KEY DAMNIT

I managed to get down there with the place unloaded, but he found a way to actually get into the boss rooms loading zone! Smiley

;-; I was down there for hours messing around in front of the unloaded door, I figured it was just impossible.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »

;-; I was down there for hours messing around in front of the unloaded door, I figured it was just impossible.

Same here, I just couldnt do it, I tried for hours.
Luckily someone found a way to do it.
It is still very tricky though.

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »

I've been trying to find a way to get to the Mirror Shield chest from the Silver Gaunts chest without using the Longshot. I got very close to the other side and one of my failed attempts ends up on a safe area used to get to the upper areas of Spirit Temple by performing a Superslide+Hover boots via heart piece area.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2011, 11:40:35 PM »

Did anyone know that the "Walking while Talking" Forest Escape is still possible in this version? You can't bring up the map with View anymore, but you can by pressing B. I managed to get the Fairy Ocarina early with this. Navi doesn't work anymore, though. You have to start the glitch by using the sign next to the hole of L.
I also Navi Dove using the child Master Sword (the actual one, not the Giant's Knife).
This all allows you to start the Zora's Domain part before Death Mountain or the Deku Tree.

By the way, I have four questions:
1. How do you Hoverslide? I can do the Bombslide just fine, but his one is tricky for me.

2. Triple Slash Clip only works on angles below 90 degrees, correct?

3. Is it possible to skip scene triggers with backwalking Megaton Hammer/Giant's Knife/Megaton Hammer instead of Stick/Sword/Stick?

4. Has anyone noticed that Adult Deku Sticks show up as Hylian Shields in this version only? It's cool that you can get a "Two Shields" look with this, but why does it happen?

Edit: There's a new part of the Fishing Pond wall that can be ascended and jumped/hovered from. Not sure if this could be used for anything. Maybe a FP OoB?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:18:03 AM by lemonairable » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »

Yep we know that stuff.

1. You need to equip hoverboots immediately after taking knock-back damage (easiest to crouch stab a wall with the hammer)
2. Ya seems like it

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
lemonairable
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2011, 02:55:01 AM »

I noticed that somebody said earlier that you can't TSC in Frozen Zora's Domain as an adult. Turns out that you can, as long as you equip the Iron Boots, which prevent the ice from influencing your triple slash.
Theoretically, this should allow for "Under the Ice" without using Remote Epona. I just did it, and there is water Oob.

Edit: The Iron Boots decrease the distance that Link moves forward with each slash, so they may make it possible to TSC in places that would be otherwise impossible.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:06:36 AM by lemonairable » Logged
kokiri.swordsman
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2011, 05:08:12 AM »

that's cool until you realize the iron boots are BEHIND the king zora XD
useless trick unfortunately. still fun though.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »

that's cool until you realize the iron boots are BEHIND the king zora XD
useless trick unfortunately. still fun though.

That is exactly why I said that it wasnt possible to pass him as adult link Smiley
It is impossible, as the requirements are on the other side ^^''

Onimyst
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »

Edit: The Iron Boots decrease the distance that Link moves forward with each slash, so they may make it possible to TSC in places that would be otherwise impossible.

Have you guys experimented with this?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »

Okay guys, I finally figured out how to do the Lon Lon Stick glitch correctly, it took me a while to figure it out, but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zcn0sQWbFs

ComplexRobot
Deku Scrub

A.I. Soul

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »

I just thought of something.
Everyone knows we can use bombs to steal the fishing rod, but has anyone tried using Farore's Wind to warp out? Does that also work?

EDIT: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/beginning-bottle-adventure (Handy page.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:54:30 PM by ComplexRobot » Logged

---
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: