ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:01:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 814616 times)
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1080 on: January 14, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »

OoT 64 can now put get any BA item on Child Link. Does this work for OoT3d, without resorting to NG+? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QLm6GkWeE

Yep, I can confirm this works. I had the ocarina on B for adult Link, hopped on Epona, traveled back in time, did death hole (with a fairy) + ocarina items + nocturne of shadows to get to Ganon, got the sword knocked away, warped away using ocarina items, and then killed myself with bombs. Presto, Young Link has the ocarina on B now.

Pretty nifty being able to put items on B for kid Link even after becoming an adult. Being restricted to NG+ has been bugging me forever.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:18:00 PM by corneliab » Logged
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1081 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »

Thanks. That saved my afternoon today. This is pointless but i'm going to try ng+ kokiri sword and do the whole process via lon lon stick.
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #1082 on: January 16, 2014, 08:48:55 PM »

So using this you can get an item on B even if you equipped the Kokiri Sword? Or not? And if you do this, can you re-equip the Kokiri Sword to cancel the glitch? Didn't quite get the epona part either, do you save and quit on her first or do you just hop on and then off and then head to Temple of Time?

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1083 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »

Yes, the reason you begin the ganon fight is to remove the sword. You can re-equip sword to cancel the glitch,
As for epona, all you need to do is climb on her then back off. Do not save and quit. Here's how this process works:

-BA item as adult link, for example: the hammer
B button=hammer
-Get on horse to set temporary B to hammer
B button=hammer. Temporary B=hammer
-Dismount. Go back in time
B button=kokiri sword. Temp B=hammer
-Dhww, get sword knocked away by ganon
B button=blank. Temp B=hammer
-Warp away from fight, die with blank B. This will restore Temp B to B button
B button=hammer

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #1084 on: January 17, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »

Alright, thanks for explaining. Some followup questions; 1) do you need a fairy when you kill yourself at the end or do you save and quit/continue for the hammer to appear? 2) will this hammer still disappear if you save, as it does in NG+? 3) is there any way to get Nocturne of Shadow without beating the first 3 temples? Would be fun to get the hammer on B as child and then warp to kill volvagia, but that wouldn't work if I gotta kill it in order to get the song to begin with.

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2014, 01:09:14 AM »

1) You should die and continue
2) Yes. It will work identical to if you did NG+
3) Yes, you can FWWW into the nocturne cutscene or RBA it

Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #1086 on: January 18, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »

Alright. So how do I set up the FWWW to get there? And I saw you gotta RBA a biggoron trade item to get the song, which is freaking typical because on my current file, I did that quest an hour ago and saved bah
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:31:36 AM by Seb9kplus » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1087 on: January 18, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »

the simplest way is to set FW at Kakariko from Hyrule -> Kakariko, then FWWW to the point from a child dungeon. It doesn't work for the Fire Temple for a hilariously obvious reason.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/wrongwarp/wrong-warp-table lists other possible points that you could set FW at.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
hyperion86
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1088 on: March 10, 2014, 11:18:13 PM »

(I've just been getting into speedrunning OoT3D and am new to the forums, so please tell me if I do/have done something wrong, which I'm sure I'll do. I didn't know whether to start a new thread for this or not, but I figured not doing it was best.)
So I don't really know if this has already been discussed and/or is already known, but I've been looking into finding a warpless DoT skip for OoT3D and have found some things about the actual door itself. First, the door isn't actually thick the whole way through. It's only thick in the center of the door (I'm assuming this is because it's just enough to make the door look thick during the cutscene where it opens). If you position Link against the door and L-target, you'll see that at the sides of the door, it's actually very thin, almost like a texture but with collision. I know that the door now extends into OoB, so N64 DoT skip is highly unlikely (pretty much impossible), but since it was so thin I wondering if a clip was possible. I tried messing around in the corner, and found that there is a specific angle where Link's sword (just to make sure, this is child Link I'm talking about) can hit the walls, allowing for a TSC. I doubt a regular TSC would work, but I tried something similar to the TSC void warp at ganon's castle by using RI to place a bomb and then RI again to pull another one for the tsc. I hadn't really practiced the trick, so not much came of it, but I hope to look into it more. Also, I noticed that the little lip in the wall perpendicular to the door makes the space there a lot smaller, I tried HESS'ing off a bomb (placed with RI) into the corner and when I did that, Link spazzed out and was moving back and forth rapidly, half-clipping into the door and stuck in the corner. I thought about side hopping or rolling on a frame where Link was half clipped, but, unfortunately, I was short on time, so I couldn't do too much more experimenting. If anyone also wants to look into this, it would be much appreciated. I though this would be useful in No RBA/WW runs as it would skip the spiritual stones. Once again, I am new to the forums so I apologize if I am going about this wrong or if I don't know enough about this game to see flaws in my ideas (of which I'm sure there are).

Did you know that the Wind and Ice Temples were cut early in OoT development to make more room for Ingo's eyebrows?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »

Yeah, doing a FESS or HESS on the sides of the door is a pretty old thing. I seriously doubt a no Wrong Warp method will be found for OoT3D.

Oh and you haven't done anything wrong. (I appreciate not creating a new topic...) It's always nice to see new people pick up OoT3D despite the community being pretty dead currently Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
hyperion86
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1090 on: March 11, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »

Oh well. I figured I might as well have tried, but hey, who knows what'll happen. The N64 version's been out for almost 16 years and they're still finding ways to optimize the run, so you never know what we could find. For now I guess I'll just have to deal with getting the stones when practicing no rba/ww  Tongue

Did you know that the Wind and Ice Temples were cut early in OoT development to make more room for Ingo's eyebrows?
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2014, 03:29:15 AM »

I didn't know if a whole lot of testing with the oot3d Fire temple RIWW has been done so I decided to do the testing myself for a couple hours. This is simething really interesting I found.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TokZH_rnb_8

p.s. sorry for the bad camera angle. And read the description.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #1092 on: May 05, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »

This is my first post on ZSR, so let me know if I'm doing everything right. Smiley

I'm really good at Doomjumping. I've come up with a theory of how we may be able to skip the entire Giant Colossus dungeon:

1) When outside the Giant Colossus, go to any of the flag poles that are around the exterior (the one in the upper-left corner would be best).
2) Doomjump off of the flagpole and land on the oob wall surrounding the area. You can go all the way up to the entrance of the dungeon.
3) There is an invisible wall that prevents you from going any closer to the entrance. If you look up when against this wall, you can see the chest containing the Mirror Shield. What if you could do Kazooie's hookshot glitch to hookshot through that invisible wall and up to the chest, which would skip the entire dungeon. Granted, you would still have to beat Twinrova, but you can easily get to the boss from the chest.

What do you guys think? I tried this a bit myself and got nowhere. The chest is too far to reach.

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1093 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:31 AM »

There is already a way of doing this. One of the issues with your theory is that the chest does not appear until you get close to it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1094 on: May 12, 2014, 03:03:45 AM »

ESS Bottle Dupe works in OOT3D, ESS OI does not. Not surprising because the other dupe/OI with a bottle is the same way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_5smciTy4

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75
  Print  

Jump to: