ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Any% Seg'd (Segments done 3/19)  (Read 35605 times)
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »

Okay bad news time, my Wii is 100% bricked and not even SaveMii can unbrick it (I tried the SaveMiiFrii version btw but from what I know it works more or less the same way that SaveMii does.)

This means that I'll have to re-do the entire run on N64 since that console is the one I'll be getting next (I'll worry about a replacement when I have the money.)

*sighs* time to take down my segments. (Anyone else who wants to do a seg'd run before I can start doing attempts again be my guest, it'll be nice to have a bit of competition.)
Is it a full brick or a banner brick? When you turn it on, does it say that the system files are corrupted or is it just a black screen?
You can try and follow this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/16650-unbrick-your-wii-banner-brick.html
Good luck Smiley

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »

It's a full brick, nothing comes up when I press the power button.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »

Okay pretty late update but I won't be getting a N64 quite yet (Earliest I could get it is probably next year.)

Meaning I have to...
A.Get a new Wii (One with GC compatibility.)
And B.Get MM for the VC again. (Last time it was donated to me but I doubt that'll happen twice.)

I'll still do the run though, but segments won't be uploaded for a while because I plan to practice a bit before starting it up again.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »

Okay I think I've gotten enough practice in to make myself comfortable with restarting the run. (Will do attempts early tomorrow.)

Not really consistent with megaflips though but it's seg'd so I can practice along the way.

btw I talked a bit with Ing and he told me not to bother with flower skip since I'll be doing mask salesman cs skip. (Though if anyone tries the route on N64 don't bother with it, unpause lag wastes too much time from what Ing told me.)

Expect seg 1 in a few days.

EDIT: I'm dumb.

EDIT 2: Alright going to have to delay this even further until I get a DVD recorder. (My Y cable has been screwing up my audio in recordings lately.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:58:58 AM by playe » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

Quadruple post but whatever, turns out my Dazzle's sound drivers mysteriously installed correctly yesterday so now I can start attempts again.

Expect segment 1 in a few days/weeks. (Along with seg 2 and 3, only reason seg 1 will take a bit is 'cause of mask salesman cs skip.)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

I expect to see HESSes in this run >:0

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

yeah even though you're playing on VC, it's segmented and you should be doing a backwalk HESS instead of backwalk superslides like you said you were going to do

<poptart1234> i cant convert a .fm2 to .zip
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »

Well, I would say don't bother with the HESSes if it wasn't for the fact that N64 adapters exist. GC controller isn't even worth ATTEMPTING to ESS on IMO. My concern is that someone could beat your run by 30-50 seconds just by adding in the HESSes.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »

yeah even though you're playing on VC, it's segmented and you should be doing a backwalk HESS instead of backwalk superslides like you said you were going to do
Backwalk HESS? I can't even get a standing HESS most of the time, besides if I were to do the backwalk HESS like you said I'd have to pause for a second to do the ESS angle change each time I needed to. imo the backwalking superslides would be more worth it. (Besides I can't get a HESS that consistently.)

Besides I haven't seen anyone else even do any attempts to this category besides Ing and he's running TP, not to mention if I were to try to ESS angle change unbuffered I'd have to reset every time I screw it up. (Which would be about 100% of the time.) so like I said before backwalking superslides would be more worth it on VC imo.

Well, I would say don't bother with the HESSes if it wasn't for the fact that N64 adapters exist. GC controller isn't even worth ATTEMPTING to ESS on IMO. My concern is that someone could beat your run by 30-50 seconds just by adding in the HESSes.
Thing is I don't have the $60+ for the N64 adapter, not to mention I don't own a N64 controller either so even if I did buy the adapter it'd be worthless to me atm.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »

i hate the zelda community

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »

Backwalk HESS? I can't even get a standing HESS most of the time, besides if I were to do the backwalk HESS like you said I'd have to pause for a second to do the ESS angle change each time I needed to. imo the backwalking superslides would be more worth it. (Besides I can't get a HESS that consistently.)
The HISSes save more time than the pauses take lol
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

Really? huh then I guess I will be adding the HESS'es into the run. Oh well that just means I'll be resetting more often. (Though it probably won't be as annoying as segment 1 so far, lost a bunch of real good segments to salesman cs skip...)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »

Okay here's segment 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2K1YjyaCi0 (Note that this is just a place-holder until I can get more segments done, I can always re-do this segment at any time.)
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »

i hate the zelda community
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 01:34:27 AM »

Okay first update in a couple months but I think I'm going to re-do segment 1 just 'cause I honestly can't stand having such a sub-optimal salesman cs skip when I've gotten it much faster in RTA attempts before. (Least amount of early pauses I've ever had was 3-6 so it's kind of embarrassing to have my first segment slower than the beginning of my RTA's.)

Expect the re-done segment sometime later this month.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: