ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Any% Seg'd (Segments done 3/19)  (Read 35610 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »

I've updated the any% segmented route on ZSR to reflect changes resulting from Grunz's TAS.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »

Ing the only thing you seem to have changed is skipping adults wallet and only buying 10 chus instead of 20 at the first bomb shop trip.

Also didn't Grunz pick up the Adult wallet and only do 2 bomb shop trips? how would skipping adults wallet reflect on that?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

Ing the only thing you seem to have changed is skipping adults wallet and only buying 10 chus instead of 20 at the first bomb shop trip.

Also didn't Grunz pick up the Adult wallet and only do 2 bomb shop trips? how would skipping adults wallet reflect on that?

Getting the adult wallet is faster in a TAS because you can just manipulate 99 rupees from the grass outside clock town and get it in first cycle. For a console run, however, it's faster to just skip it (probably only worth it segmented though because of how tight bombs are). Doing 2 bomb shop trips is slower on console because console can't do crazy shit like triple staircase hovers that make normal bomb hovering way faster.

Also, that was not the only change I made - I also added the 2 explosive GBT BK skip and the megahovers to skip the last pirate in Pirate's Fortress. I think I made a couple other minor changes too, but that's the major stuff.

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »

Okay I don't think I'm going to get any segments out for a while, simply because (after a few casual SS runs.) I found out that I have a LOT more to learn about the tricks in this game. (main ones are FFWW with megaflips and the GBT 2 explosive bk skip.)

I'm also going to watch Grunz' TAS several times over to get a idea on how some of the tricks actually work. (I'm also going to practice the tech's extensively.)

idk how long it'll take for me to get a segment out but I do know it won't be anytime soon.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »

you won't get the proper idea of how they work from the TAS. it is too fast.
use a real-time run.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »

Are there any real time runs that use the GBT 2 explosive BK skip? If there are than I would gladly watch it but as of right now the only run that I can really use as a guide is the TAS since it uses most of the tricks a seg'd run would. (though the FFWW megaflip method is just because I'm a bit inconsistent with them.)

btw fun fact, in both casual SS runs I've done I've been able to get the Turtle CS skip on both. (The NWBN CS skip I got once but it's still real easy to do.) So I think I won't make the Turtle CS skip it's own segment. (unless making it it's own segment saves time somewhere which I don't see where it could.)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »

Okay double post but this is kinda important.

I've officially given up on trying to record any speed-runs using my Dazzle. (Wouldn't be a problem if my audio drivers would install correctly...)

So I've decided to save up enough money to just buy a DVD recorder and DVD-RW's for the run... thing is I have no clue what a good DVD recorder is, so if anyone has recommendations I'm open to them.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

depends on what is available to you.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »

I'll most likely buy it online so I don't think availability is a problem.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »

IDK what the best DVD recorder actually is but the most commonly used one (me, ZFG, Jiano, and a bunch of other people all use it) is this one: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMagnavox-MWR10D6-DVD-Recorder%2Fdp%2FB000GW81BM&rct=j&q=Magnavox%20MWR10D6&ei=j-YpTob6LLS20AHimMSRCw&usg=AFQjCNEkFdSj5zFlbjOgKXuG5P5Vy6u8gw&sig2=EZ7VguCcKcwH2rrLH_Nmcg&cad=rja

playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »

Okay quick update but I now have a way to record segments without a gigantic file size. (Turns out all I needed to do was download Lagarith Lossless codec. *facepalm*) anyways I got segments 1-2 both re-done according to the new route that Ing made. (And yes I'm still mad at you for changing the route Ing.)

Once I get the first two segments encoded and put up onto YT I'll post the links here.

EDIT: Ing, I re-read the route and spotted a mistake
Quote from: Ing's derp
Segment 5

Get Zora Mask
    Superslide to Zora Cape(9C 15B)
    Zora Pots for 90R(99R)
    Bomb drops near owl(9C 20B)
    Hit Zora Cape owl
    Save

Segment 6

Flying Zora to Fairy Fountain
    Blow up rocks(9C 20B)
    Wrong Warp to Ikana(7C 14B)
    Superslide to Ikana owl(7C 13B)
    Hit Ikana Owl
    Save
Mind telling me where that extra chu came from?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:27:59 PM by playe » Logged
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »

Fixed. A bomb is supposed to be used.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:46:20 PM by BottlesFTW » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »

Update: First three segments are encoded and uploaded, links are in the OP.
Please give me feedback on these segments, it'll be appreciated.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »

Looking good so far playe. I like that you turned off the system right after playing song of time. I think the current 100% and the former any% run did go through the time-travelling then ran to the owl.

Have you an idea of when this will be finished?
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:39 AM »

No not atm, the ISGslide in segment 4 is kicking my butt so it may take a while.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:41:59 AM by playe » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: