ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:52:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Any% Seg'd (Segments done 3/19)  (Read 34415 times)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« on: June 12, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »

Update in latest post by me.

segment 1: (Time: 04:54.13)
segment 2: (Time: 09:32.85)
segment 3: (Time: 04:25.44)
segment 4: (not finished)
segment 5: (not finished)
segment 6: (not finished)
segment 7: (not finished)
segment 8: (not finished)
segment 9: (not finished)
segment 10: (not finished)
segment 11: (not finished)
segment 12: (not finished)
segment 13: (not finished)
segment 14: (not finished)
segment 15: (not finished)
segment 16: (not finished)
segment 17: (not finished)
segment 18: (not finished)
segment 19: (not finished)

Goal time: sub 1:32:00

Total time: 00:18:52.42

Version being used: NTSC VC

Route: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/mm/routes/any-segmented
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:07:02 AM by playe » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/mm/routes/any-segmented

Here's your route.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:39:50 PM »

... How did I miss that?

Anyways ty Ing, guess this means I can get to attempting this run now since there's already a route written up for me. (might disappoint my stream viewers though seeing as I have no way to record and stream at the same time.)

Oh well I suppose it was a bit fun writing and planning a- ah who am I kidding this was a big waste of time if there was already a optimized route.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:48:03 AM by playe » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »

Alright I got the first two segments done and are uploading now. (my computer takes forever to upload videos though 'cause it's got crappy upload speed.)

I will update this post and the OP once they're all done and processed. (also tell me if I should re-do any segments once I update this post with the links.)

In the mean time I'll be re-watching Ing's 1:49 just so that I can bask in his consistency with megaflips. Grin (jk it's more for my entertainment 'cause I can't stop watching it.)

EDIT: just updated the OP to include the first 2 segments and a bit more info on my run.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:22:34 PM by playe » Logged
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

sorry ing your disciples are weak but mine they strong

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »

itt kaztalek tries to start shit with me as usual

Anyway playe, those segments are somewhat decent, but you should really be getting times of like 5:10 for seg 1 on VC (although I have no idea how). At the very least you should get 5:13 for seg 1 on VC to match my old segs from N64.

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »

sorry ing your disciples are weak but mine they strong
Kaztalek please don't try to troll ing in this thread, for all of us.

itt kaztalek tries to start shit with me as usual

Anyway playe, those segments are somewhat decent, but you should really be getting times of like 5:10 for seg 1 on VC (although I have no idea how). At the very least you should get 5:13 for seg 1 on VC to match my old segs from N64.
Advice taken Ing, btw Alckermit and Zero told me over IRC that my video was a bit choppy, could you see anything like that when you watched it? I'm curious to see if it was just IRC messing up the video. (assuming they watched it through IRC which idk if that's possible with a downloadable client.)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 12:54:13 AM »

Idk, I don't remember specifically seeing anything like that. What exactly are you using to record again? DVD recorder? If it's a DVD recorder and you're using anri to encode, there shouldn't really be any problems. I recommend posting a quality test on the SDA forums if you haven't already before you start doing more segments.

playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 01:40:10 AM »

No I use a Dazzle dvc 100 and Debut to record my videos. (haven't encoded anything yet in Anri-chan so the segments I've uploaded are the raw video files.)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »

Hm, well since it's a segmented run you shouldn't have issues with dropped frames since the recordings will be so short. I still recommend posting a quality test on SDA before you start doing more segments (preferrably one about a minute or so long to make sure there aren't frame drops).

IMO, you should make sure your computer isn't running any other programs while you're recording segments; that way you will minimize dropped frames as much as possible. Elminster is far more proficient with dazzle recording than me, so you should talk to him if you need further help with maximizing video quality.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 04:40:24 AM »

if you have a dazzle dont use debut it's shit

use pinnacle dvd recorder, it's on the disc that comes with it

it will record in .vob like a dvd so you'll have to use anri-chan to encode

my comp isnt very powerful yet this program has yet to drop a frame, even with other programs open, for extended periods of time

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »

Yeah um Kaztalek the thing is that I sorta lost the sleeve for my Pinnacle disk so I no longer have the serial number to install it.

Although it might be good to find a alternate way to install it and at least try it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »

I'm pretty sure the DVD recorder doesn't require a serial code.

playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:02 AM »

Alright after a bunch of procrastinating I've finally gotten around to getting everything I need to record segments with quality I know will be acceptable. (although don't expect any segments any time soon 'cause I've decided to do another test run through the route.)

Also I've tried HESSing a bit and have decided that I won't use them in this run. (If the controls were better I would but...) tbh I don't think anyone would be sane enough to do a ESS direction change on VC even if doing segmented. (actually I think that route was written up with the N64 version in mind.)

Either way I'll do a few tests and see how everything works out.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »

*sighs* for some reason Instant DVD recorder won't record any sound. (I even check to see if all my cables are correct and still no sound whatsoever.)

I might talk to Elminster about this problem but other than that idk what I could do.

Either way this means, yet again that my run will be even further delayed unless someone else has a better solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: