ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-hover  (Read 17090 times)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?qj184tvxj8ftypq

http://www.mediafire.com/?nxec5puxxbp25w5

Sorry about that my bad Tongue
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 01:00:30 AM »

Kaztalek, stop trying to make people not learn megaflips. They're a useful trick for saving explosives, and it's not an issue if you just don't fuck them up. Just because you suck at megaflips doesn't mean that other people shouldn't learn them. Stop trying to run how other people play the game - you may think you're such hot shit at MM that you can tell other people what to do, but you're not.

Anyway, if you're TASing, there's actually a topic in this exact forum with all the frame data for megaflips: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=124.0
doesnt matter how consistent you are, you are always capable of falling, which seeing your any% attempts ive seen youve proven this many times in woodfall

if you fail a megaflip, youre fucked. cant just reset in a race

and yes im hot shit get over it

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:55 AM »

doesnt matter how consistent you are, you are always capable of falling, which seeing your any% attempts ive seen youve proven this many times in woodfall

if you fail a megaflip, youre fucked. cant just reset in a race

and yes im hot shit get over it
I agree with this.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 02:01:01 AM »

Anything is capable of being fucked up - megaflips are just one of those things. Also, obviously you would cut down megaflip use in a race - especially in places like stone tower where the lag fucks up your timing. It doesn't mean that megaflips are useless and not worth learning.

Can we please put this argument to rest? I feel like we've had this exact same argument before (multiple times, in fact), and I really don't want to keep flooding YET ANOTHER TOPIC with this pointless bullshit.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 04:00:23 AM »

I really don't want to keep flooding YET ANOTHER TOPIC with this pointless bullshit.
you mean megaflips?

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »

Seeing as this thread is about TASing everything you are saying about failing megaflips is off topic and just pointless to argue about. So how about if you want to argue if megaflips are pointless do it on another thread?
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »

just played it back in Mupen and found that your problem is that you keep holding R after you shield drop the bomb, in MM megaflips you just backflip without your shield.

Try it without holding R and tell me if you get different results (you should 'cause I tested it.)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »

Will do tomorrow thanks for the feedback
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »

i just roll when the bomb is big for about 3quarters of a second. might sometimes not work but its easier than timing or any other "CRAP I MISS PLACED A COUNT NOW I CANT DO IT" stuff like wut ing-x does. thats really hard2me
MrRobotto
Deku Scrub

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »

just played it back in Mupen and found that your problem is that you keep holding R after you shield drop the bomb, in MM megaflips you just backflip without your shield.

Try it without holding R and tell me if you get different results (you should 'cause I tested it.)

Are you really not supposed to hold R after you shield drop the bomb? When I let go of R, it doesn't work at all; I take damage and fall, but if I keep holding R, it does a megaflip.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »

In my recent days practicing MFs on N64, I've found this method works best for me. Count to 4 1/2 using the first two flashes as a metronome. On 4 1/2, press R+A and bacflip ASAP. Of course, I still get quite a few freezes, but hey, what are you gonna do?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
MrRobotto
Deku Scrub

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »

In my recent days practicing MFs on N64, I've found this method works best for me. Count to 4 1/2 using the first two flashes as a metronome. On 4 1/2, press R+A and bacflip ASAP. Of course, I still get quite a few freezes, but hey, what are you gonna do?
I play on N64 also. If you immediately move the control stick all the way forward after the backflip, you avoid the risk of freezing.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: