ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Issues? Please post here  (Read 79575 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« on: September 27, 2009, 03:51:10 AM »

If you happen to be looking through any of the sites, and find a page with broken links, spelling errors, or whatnot and don't feel like fixing it yourself, please post here. Simply post either a link to the page, unless it's one of the main pages, and someone will eventually fix it maybe.

Known site issues - October 6th, 2011

[!] The front page needs to be redesigned to add Ocarina 3d, Link To The Past, and Skyward Sword sites
[!] Images used for the side padding and top separator are missing from non OoT sites.
[!] Page CSS needs a bit of clean-up (header elements clash in some instances, like h2 and h3)
[!] We need a uniform guideline for making and editing pages, for consistency.
* The Version Differences page no longer has the fire temple songs
* No solution to the Google Chrome bug where it will auto play the two different Fire Temple Songs?

Unwritten Pages - October 6th, 2011

Many LTTP pages are stubs.

oot/extra-tricks/steal-epona-without-song-or-racing-ingo
oot/extra-tricks/keep-master-sword-during-ganon-fight
oot/extra-tricks/cross-gerudo-bridge-without-eponalongshot
oot/tech/return-b

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:09:49 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »

Ha....

press space and enter on ZSR's IRC client... you instantly earn a trivia point, even though you're not playing trivia, that's awesome because you can win XD...

I gots a video, I'll upload tomoro if you like....

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »

ah yes. I remember that like it was yesterday...

Swordless Link
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »

I hope this is the right topic for this.

I've mentioned this a few times in IRC and it still hasn't been fixed. I guess I'm the only one experiencing it.

In the "Account Related Settings" section under "Profile", I'm unable to change any of the settings. This is because when I put my password in, it says it's the wrong password. This is not true; I even changed my password to see if that would fix anything, and it didn't.

It's pretty annoying, because there are some settings in there I want to change. Hopefully we can get this sorted out.

<%Swordless> Klyde is just trolling
<KlydeStorm> ^
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »

I dont know if this is just me but when I use ZSR IRC the background is messed up. It repeats. after it says "ZeldaSpeedRuns.com" right after that it says "ns.com"

Anyone else have this problem?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 05:55:44 AM »

Forgive me if I'm nitpicking or being critical, but I just noticed this:

Welcome to ZSR's Ocarina of Time section. See below for recent updates and news, or view this section's content in the expandable menu to the left. If you can't navigate the menu you need to install Java.
If you'd like to contribute content come to #zelda @ irc.speeddemosarchive.com (If you don't have an IRC client use this link).

From what I can tell, the menu on the left only uses some Javascript, which is not the same thing as Java at all.  Javascript is something that is usually supported internally by the browser, rather than being an external plugin or something similar.  Also, if they're using a browser made since like 1998, it probably supports Javascript.  In short, installing Java will have no effect on whether or not the menu works, since it uses Javascript (not Java).
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »

Is it my computer, or the videos at oot section are hidden at all...

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »

Forgive me if I'm nitpicking or being critical, but I just noticed this:

From what I can tell, the menu on the left only uses some Javascript, which is not the same thing as Java at all.  Javascript is something that is usually supported internally by the browser, rather than being an external plugin or something similar.  Also, if they're using a browser made since like 1998, it probably supports Javascript.  In short, installing Java will have no effect on whether or not the menu works, since it uses Javascript (not Java).
Windows and the Internetexplorer don't come with Java(script) because microsoft didn't want to pay royalties anymore. The link points you to the Java virtual machine, which will also handle Javascript.
I suppose we could remove the link and probably don't loose a lot of users, but since we have that introduction text anyway and you also need the java VM for our web chat, it doesn't hurt to have it there.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »

Menu items in the OoT section are off from the new update I think. When you click bomb hovering it brings you to ISG, or something like that for most of them.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »

Menu items in the OoT section are off from the new update I think. When you click bomb hovering it brings you to ISG, or something like that for most of them.

Sorry about that. I must have ran an older version of my updater on the OoT site yesterday which had a bug that caused page names to not match the proper link in some cases, and didn't notice the links were jumbled. I just ran the updater and everything seems fine now.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

If you happen to be looking through any of the sites, and find a page with broken links, spelling errors, or whatnot and don't feel like fixing it yourself, please post here. Simply post either a link to the page, unless it's one of the main pages, and someone will eventually fix it maybe.

Known site issues

* The WindWaker site sucks.

Braid
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 07:03:12 AM »

I discovered a few issues with the site that I don't know how to fix...

Let's say you have two tabs open, and you go the TP site in one, and the OoT site next with the other. If you click on the Admin link on the TP site, it takes you over to the OoT site's page because when you opened up an OoT page, the $game variable is overwritten.

In a few cases, the site doesn't handle invalid URLs in a proper fashion. For example, if you add anything after http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?game=oot, it will try to load a site that doesn't exist, when it should instead throw a 404 or something.

Braid
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »

I discovered a few issues with the site that I don't know how to fix...

Let's say you have two tabs open, and you go the TP site in one, and the OoT site next with the other. If you click on the Admin link on the TP site, it takes you over to the OoT site's page because when you opened up an OoT page, the $game variable is overwritten.

In a few cases, the site doesn't handle invalid URLs in a proper fashion. For example, if you add anything after http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?game=oot, it will try to load a site that doesn't exist, when it should instead throw a 404 or something.

this should be fixed ASAP. when done, it leaves exposed PHP laying around, and that's never a good thing.

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
TSDA
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 01:58:53 AM »

The IL page on the OoT section isn't working.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »

The entire site is gone

Braid
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: