ZSR Forums
April 30, 2024, 10:07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MQ got nerfed! :o  (Read 5057 times)
ssbmproHRC
Regular Guay

« on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »

Recently I`ve been playing through OoT Masterquest and I noticed a big difference. The dungeons in general are made way easier except for the enemy-buff like you will be facing  a lot more lizalfos in the child section. I examined the Forest- and Water Temple already and they are too linear for my personal likes.

The best thing about the original water temple was that you have no fucking clue where to go. You find a key, go to the next locked door just to find out that you either need ANOTHER key or you end up somewhere you didn’t intend to be. For instance, the key for the upper water level was always such a waste. Then you get a little confused by to the hookshot/longshot spots. When you hope you’re on the right way you notice that your hookshot is not long enough for whatever reason. Then back again, always change your boots, always change the water level, oversee certain spots like the song of time block behind the longshot or the key below the mid-waterlevel. The original Water Temple was a real maze. I loved the old design <3

It’s also a real shame that the longshot is no longer your reward for beating shadow link. And the in my opinion most epic room of any Zelda-game has got degenerated: The room with the Boss key in the original version where you have to make all your way through the temple, where you have to back up countless of times and then finally you notice the hidden spot behind the rolling boulders and the skulltulla. You go down, dive up and then fuck, there’s a locked door again. Goddamn you missed a key. This temple is gay. All the way back. Try to figure out where the key is. Find it. Go back. Open the door. Epic. A small room and in its center the beautiful yellow chest. The most hidden place of any temple. So beautiful. I love it. In MQ there’s just a small key within a box that you have to destroy. I couldn’t figure out for what door it is since I already visited every room. But two keys. The water temple has only 2 hidden keys in MQ. The second one isn’t even needed, hilariously as it is. And how many keys has the original temple? 6?

What bugs me most, you get the Longshot after 1 minute of gameplay. I actually skipped it. I went into the room with the stalfos, right next to where you can change the water level on fully empty and as a reward for beating the stalfos a big chest spawns. I didn’t want to collect map/compass so I made my way down. Sidehop jumpslash to land on the mid platform with the wall that you can bomb away. Its already bombed away no clue why. There was usually a small key in a little chest. But this time there’s nothing but this weird sign at the wall where navi asks what this could possibly be. Hookshot the sign and another big chest spawns. It’s the longshot chest, what the fuck, seriously? I was assuming this would be the compass or map, the opposite of what was in the stalfos room. So I didn’t bother opening it and made my way further through the temple to examine it more carefully. 3 caged rooms in the main room that you cannot open unless you’re very far into the temple. This makes the dungeon so shallow. Since everything is locked you’re left with hardly any other opportunities to go so you’re almost forced to go the right way. During my playthrough I found another big chest and I knew there must be something wrong. This time it contained the compass.  So I made my way back to the stalfos. There was this other big chest, I rembered. I received the map.  Alright then, going down to the bomb wall that I mentioned earlier. Im opening the chest, I kept telling me that there is no way this could be the longshot, it would simply be the worst spot for it ever.  But I also knew that there couldn’t really be something else in it. And so I resistingly received the longshot. And I`m disappointed. I also hate all the torches for opening the iron bars where you need dins fire. So annoying. And there are hardly any enemies. A lot of rooms are actually empty. I really disapprove.

This text doesn’t even have a point, just felt like expressing my disappointment. You can post cool story bro or delete/close this shit. Sad ssbm is sad.
ssbmproHRC
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

I just noticed there is little to no sense in this text LOL
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »

Nah it's fine, i actually found this topic quite interesting to say the least.

It's been way too long since I've actually played MQ for me to form an opinion about it (I remember next to nothing about it) but I did hear that they made the water temple FAR easier in MQ, which actually isn't a bad thing to me, haha (I fucking hate the water temple T_T)

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »

I just noticed there is little to no sense in this text LOL
Not a surprise coming from you XD

Nah it's fine, i actually found this topic quite interesting to say the least.

It's been way too long since I've actually played MQ for me to form an opinion about it (I remember next to nothing about it) but I did hear that they made the water temple FAR easier in MQ, which actually isn't a bad thing to me, haha (I fucking hate the water temple T_T)
A gamefaqs noob got ings password.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:09 AM »

hesacucumber911

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:31:02 AM »

A gamefaqs noob got ings password.

liez

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 04:22:22 AM »

Funny how most things you like about the Water Temple are what everyone else finds horribly frustrating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: