ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese OOT Cartridge Discussion  (Read 15455 times)
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »

Yeah like alec already said I have a 1.0 Jap cart.  I can give you any info you want, but it's pretty much the same as the US version.  I actually never tested that enemy music thing so maybe I should.

I also have a USA gold v1.1 which I've never even heard of before, not that it's cool or anything.
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:35:44 AM »

If you don't test the enemy music then I will as soon as I get my hands on a v1.0J cart. No biggie, there.

What three unit letter/number combination is vaguely stamped on the back of your Jap v1.0 cart, by the way?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »

i have the US grey v1.0 OoT cart.

i hope that thing is worth some serious cash someday. not like i would actually sell it since the gold cart i have rarely boots up and i wouldn't want to lose the very first copy i got.

about the cart backside swap, imo, that's the best method to play imports since you need to use the GS every time you want to play but you only do the backside swap once. that's how i did with my JP version of F-Zero X to play the Expansion Kit on an US N64 (64DDs work on both regions' machines)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:57:53 PM by UchihaSasuke » Logged

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 05:48:20 PM »

What's the best way you guys know of to crash the game and get to the debug screen? I already know of the crooked cartridge "trick" (never liked yanking cartridges out of my powered on n64, sorry). The Nayru's Love crash is fairly quick, but it requires a savefile that has nearly beat the game and let's face it... Sometimes you get a cartridge where the best savefile has 25 deaths and hasn't completed the fire temple yet  Roll Eyes.

Know that that file wasn't mine, blizz.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:52:40 PM by leeboiy » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »

What's the best way you guys know of to crash the game and get to the debug screen? I already know of the crooked cartridge "trick" (never liked yanking cartridges out of my powered on n64, sorry). The Nayru's Love crash is fairly quick, but it requires a savefile that has nearly beat the game and let's face it... Sometimes you get a cartridge where the best savefile has 25 deaths and hasn't completed the fire temple yet  Roll Eyes.

Know that that file wasn't mine, blizz.

Well, besides CC you can do a chu hover in a void to crash the game. The easiest way to see if your cart is v1.0 or not is to go to the fishing hole (adult or child) and try to cast the rod near the door, if you can then you have v1.0, if you can't then it's v1.1 or v1.2.

Also here's a whole page on the differences between the versions: http://www.platypuscomix.net/interactive2/ocarinaphotos.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:13:19 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

What's the quickest way to get early chus from a fresh savefile?

I'm surprised nobody has come across a crash in kokiri forrest with only the sword and shield acquired. There's certainly been enough testing that has been done in order to figure out how to get out of there early..

I've glanced over that link before. They got the hippy "Well Come" info wrong. He says that in english v1.2, too. Damn hippie =].
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:39:32 PM by leeboiy » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 07:52:50 PM »

What's the quickest way to get early chus from a fresh savefile?

Bottom of the Well chus are quickest. If that's too hard for you do Spirit Chus. I dunno any fast OOB spots that don't require a good bit of explosives though... someone else might know of a good place.

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »

Bottom of the Well chus are quickest. If that's too hard for you do Spirit Chus. I dunno any fast OOB spots that don't require a good bit of explosives though... someone else might know of a good place.

"OOB"? Wish there was a Zelda speedrunning dictionary, heh.

God, I love ZSR

Getting into the well shouldn't be a problem. I've grabbed a cucko through the graveyard entrance arch and flown the old fashion way down to the Well entrance before. Will have to practice with the later parts, though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:08:54 PM by leeboiy » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »

where did the names 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 come from (as well as "Revision A" and "Revision B" in japan)? Were they just fan-made names, or did Nintendo really call them that publicly?

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »

Good question... Can't comment on the "Revision A & B" identifiers, because aleckermit's post was the first I had heard of them. As for English carts, the only time I've personally seen the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 identifiers outside of a fan-based context is in Gameshark Pro menus. I'm not sure if Nintendo coined those identifiers prior to that, or not.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:23:34 AM by leeboiy » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »

Good question... Can't comment on the "Revision A & B" identifiers, because aleckermit's post was the first I had heard of them. As for English carts, the only time I've personally seen the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 identifiers outside of a fan-based context is in Gameshark Pro menus. I'm not sure if Nintendo coined those identifiers prior to that, or not.

Yeah I think it was originated through Gameshark's code lists.

Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 01:26:47 AM »

Alright well I just paid Leeboiy so I'll get my cart and gamebits soon Cheesy

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 02:51:49 AM »

They're coming, Blizz.

The quickest OOB crash spot I've found: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7139976

Edit: Above works best for child link. For adult link, the graveyard entrance arches are much easier to wall clip.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:10:55 AM by leeboiy » Logged
cen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 12:05:49 AM »

Friendly reminder to all: Do not ask for ROMs on the ZSR forums. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:00:14 AM by RingRush » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: