ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 08:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Segmented 100% Discussion  (Read 37685 times)
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 04:33:06 AM »

Yeah but that's when you go "Oh. This looks very useful for a speedrun. Perhaps I should shed this light upon my bros and post it ON THE FORUMS" :V

But yeah would be appreciated if you do

Edit: Made a new version of the pastebin with the add-ins/corrections
http://pastebin.com/ywQFD2zn

I'm going to play through the route when I wake up
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:33:48 AM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »

40. Should be bokoblin, not Moblin.
43. Roll past Moblin?
114 & 115. I'm assuming you mean WW dive from Beatle's Ship to FH entrance.
617-626. Fire Arrow trick should be faster. I'm not sure if early hookshot would be an option.
697 & 705. You won't need Makar from 696 on because of Kazooie's trick to skip planting the tree and the stone slab skip.
735 & 736. Need to add pig glitch Ani.
768. Should be "rang Babas, arrow Peahats".
906. Not sure if this trick would be useful at all for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOf0f2Nwlcw
947. Sail to Outset first?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »

40. ok
43. Nope
114-115. LOL no
617-626. it's too dumb to add in, and early hookshot is a no cause it requires hovering and you have a million and a half hearts
697/705. I take him cause of the optional. Assuming you can do the trick consistently, great. if not, it's not worth fucking up once and having to climb all the way back up to try again
735-736. I'll do it when I test whether or not it's day when I get to outset that time
768. k.
906. That's actually not a bad idea rofl
947. I'm too lazy to find that spot to collect the rupees from, and that's only for people who have the tingle tuner. Yes, i am THAT lazy. :3

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »

114-115. LOL no
Why? It's the fastest location for diving into FH.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 08:33:35 PM »

It's also the dumbest.
In a 30 minute period, I've been able to get the bag dive.. three times?
I'm like 80% consistent with cerpin's spot.
If I ever make an optimized route for segmented, I'll add it cause it is admittedly a faster spot, but for ease I'm keeping cerpin's for this route

I have just found a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT that I forgot about.
Darknut strategy: Parry off helmet, shoot with ice arrow, smash with hammer
:I
Goddamnit man
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:29:19 AM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

Cerpin
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

Why? It's the fastest location for diving into FH.

Barely, and the difficulty doesn't justify saving 3 seconds.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »

Suggestion: Since the world map is filled in a 100% MM run then the sea chart should be written  out too. So it will be similar ruling across the series for defining speed run categories.

Anyway, is still this speed run going forth? Segment 62 in Unreal's route would be a monster segment I think.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 04:01:29 AM »

Filling out the world map is not a requirement of a 100% Majora's Mask run.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

It is, and so is done in the current run. The 100% definition for that game is to get what isn't lost through time.
And maybe it would be fine with the same kind of ruling for all Zelda games.
And I didn't mean it all serious that the sea chart should be completed, I think would be to tedious and it could stay out together with the figurines.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »

I looked at the low%/100% definitions thread and it appears that an incorrect MM 100% definition made its way in thanks to this post by petrie:

In fact, of all Zelda games, MM, and only MM, has a really easy definition of 100%:  All items that don't disappear after playing the song of time.  This requires everything you listed, plus area maps, dungeon maps, and compasses.  Unfortunately, precedent is that those don't count, but that definition is so nice and simple that they really should be considered.  The only place it even makes a difference in the route is Stone Tower, as for all the others you pretty much have to go right by the map and compass while getting the stray fairies.

Things like map and compass have never been part of 100%. The real definition is "All Heart Pieces, Masks, Bottles, Great Fairies’ Gifts, Upgrades (Sword/Bomb/Quiver/Wallet), and completed Quest Status (all songs and Bombers' Notebook). It isn’t required to fill out the Bombers' Notebook." This definition was provided by Radix in 2005. I've requested that it be added to the MM page.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »

The problem is an MM run was just submitted with all maps and compasses, and I think in general the community has moved towards that definition. It has a logical basis and a faster run to go with it, so I think it is fair for the "official" definition.

ded
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »

How is it more logical to require maps and compasses? They aren't required in OoT or any other game in which such items exist (to my knowledge, at least). There have even been cases in Castlevania games where the in-game 100% definition requires all maps, but SDA doesn't. Why is Majora's Mask different from every other game when it comes to maps?

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 04:50:30 AM »

because they don't disappear when you use song of Time.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »

Because not requiring them simplifies it to a single line: Everything that is saved when you play Song of Time. The less complicated the ruleset and with the least arbitrary exclusions/inclusions, the better. Other than precedent, it is pretty hard to argue against the SoT definition.

Normally I'd say it isn't worth changing, but the SoT definition is the one everyone has been using for many years. The question isn't "should we change to the SoT definition" but "should we overturn the SoT definition". We already have runs using the SoT definition...I really don't think it is worth switching back.

ded
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »

It's fine if people don't want to change it because the new definition is entrenched too deeply. But I disagree that it's any simpler. Anyone planning a route needs to unpack "everything that doesn't disappear when you use the Song of Time" into a laundry list of items that's even longer than the original.

EDIT: In response to the original question, the MM 100% definition shouldn't affect the definitions for any other games for the reasons I've stated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:40:28 PM by Manocheese » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: