ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:14:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 438876 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2010, 03:43:18 AM »

i have to start over from 200, its simply impossible to find your way around.

I'm gonna go from 200 all the way until the hearts reset in one go, hopefully it takes less than 500 hearts to reset to 0.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2010, 07:10:42 AM »

I did a few tests in OoT using some cheats. The maximum number of full heart containers you can obtain is 2047 (7990 hex value). Any more and you'll actually start to have negative heart containers, starting at presumably -2048. While I haven't completely tested it, having negative heart container is exactly the same as having no heart containers. The game doesn't attempt to draw any heart pieces (which means the game will draw the screen), and you die instantly if anything touches you.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »

lmao fuck that shit then

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

The game doesn't attempt to draw any heart pieces (which means the game will draw the screen), and you die instantly if anything touches you.
No Damage run prerequisite IMO

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »

hyes sweet love my tags btw here it is my ocarina on b. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ar2KRsu0cM
there were some times i put the camera down so i can use both hands and makes things quick. if doesnt work ill give a step by step direction on what i did.

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »

Like Like Glitch

From description:
The fundamental part of this trick is to get caught by a like like while infinite diving, like what you do before getting any item on c as Zora. This will cause the like like to slide all over the place (in a way you can't control) and spit you out. [Note: I didn't slide around much in this video. Typically you're going all over the place... it depends on how fast you mash B.] You will be unable to move until the like like eats you again. If you kill it, you will be stuck forever.

Now, one of three things can happen at this point. You will either be stuck hovering in the air, hovering under the water, or on the sea floor.

The first two are worthless. You can only switch between link and Zora, you cant use any items, and if you backflip or sidehop, you'll be stuck until you switch to another transformation.

The third is where the magic happens. To do this, make sure the like like has one hit (unless you have glitched boomerangs (Zora with Weird B activated gets off Epona with sword), which kills a like like in one hit). Mash B as the like like slides around, and if it spits you underwater, you will likely hit it while grounded, killing it. You now have limited movement.

You now have 2 options:

1) Work your way up to shore with B, turn around, and use b to "walk" across the top of the water.

2) (What I did in the video) Go to the shore until you're in "floating mode" and do the "any item on c" glitch as Zora. You are now free to be any transformation underwater, go anywhere underwater, and use every item underwater. There are tons of weird effects, most of which are left out (and result in making you reset).
I did include the hookshot oddity. If you use it, the game goes insane trying to figure out what to do next, locking it until you reset. Dive timer is on and off and super slow. Drowning does absolutely nothing to stop this.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:39:03 PM by Lexkeeta » Logged

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

New glitch that I found with ESS yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTzNK7ZHKYU. Still trying to figure out if it's useful.

EDIT:
Finally mastered Zora HESS out of swimming, Goron HESS out of rolling, and Deku HESS off of bomb damage. So if anyone has any questions on how to do any of those feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:17:18 PM by Razor » Logged

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2010, 03:58:42 AM »

Bro why don't you post your strats and make it known to everybody instead of making people ask for it?

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »

That's not a new glitch. It's how you get SoS during the first cycle.

It's actually really old, glitches just made it useful.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »

Bro why don't you post your strats and make it known to everybody instead of making people ask for it?
I no that it's not new--might be on a console though--and I don't want to post something that everyone knows about/ how to do, but I guess I'll make a video of it soon.
That's not a new glitch. It's how you get SoS during the first cycle.

It's actually really old, glitches just made it useful.
Are you talking about the HESS's that I'm talking about? Yeah, I know they're not new.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Yuggles
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »

He's talking about the glitch where, as Deku Link, you drown then take damage to magically get ESS speed (this is used to bypass the big octos in the swamp). The glitch you posted has an almost identical purpose, but is admittedly different.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:11 PM »

they're the same thing lol

after drowning, if you get hit right as you hop on the water, you fly back at a speed fast enough to clip past big octo.

this was found on day 1 (not the use)

petrie911
Regular Guay

Everybody Loves Hypnotoad!

« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »

Odolwa strat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5wFZTWXgs

Bomb Flowers = Awesome