ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930291 times)
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #615 on: September 20, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »

1. How do you do the BotW vine clip without pause buffering?

2. I'm unable to get the proper ESS angle with a GCN controller. Any advice?

1. It requires lots of practice with the timing of the slash relative to where the skulltula is and what time you need to drop off / re-grab.

2. It's gonna be slightly different on every controller due to dead zone differences. If you're playing on the Virtual Console version, it's going to be difficult regardless of your controller because the control stick input is interpretted incorrectly compared to how it should on a Nintendo 64. You can read more about it in this thread:

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1018.0

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #616 on: September 20, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »

Are there any ways to reduce the sensitivity by using Gecko OS with the channel or a modified WAD, something?
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »

It's not faster for console. For that to work you would need to do a trick that's basically TAS only

Yes, this was what I was looking for. Thanks!
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #618 on: September 21, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »

Been trying Ganondoor for 3DS (you can OI with Ocarina on B). I have a few questions about it

In order to reset the boss room, you need to play the sun's song, double KO would remove Ocarina from B. Does that affect the ww working?

After doing OI and exiting the bluewarp, there is a very little amount of time to make it to the door, I can only make it halfway there.any way to increase the warp time?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:07:54 PM by Nook » Logged

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #619 on: September 21, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

Been trying Ganondoor for 3DS (you can OI with Ocarina on B). I have a few questions about it

In order to reset the boss room, you need to play the sun's song, double KO would remove Ocarina from B. Does that affect the ww working?

After doing OI and exiting the bluewarp, there is a very little amount of time to make it to the door, I can only make it halfway there.any way to increase the warp time?
I dunno about OoT 3DS, but you can try and look away from the warp. Targeting the walls in the original stops the timer.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #620 on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »

So far since all the wrong warps that arent directly into cutscenes have crahsed (on 3ds), so I doubt this warp would be different. But, if it does warp and crashes, you could try having dmt intro as your last cutscene viewed. Ask r0bd0b for help on that kind of stuff.

And on the time thing...on n64 you have to have a certain amount of warp timer frames before opening the door (~90 i think?). What may be a possibility is that you need the same amount on 3ds but because of the faster framerate you have less time. Idk really. Are you using one of the unbuffered n64 methods?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #621 on: September 21, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »

I am using a nut & sword (stick really) unbuffered method from sockfolder, but the time really just goes when I reach the hall to the door. I know it crashes we tested it together with mzx a while back, but that was with fw and never the door itself

Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #622 on: September 21, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

What is the fastest method of Ganondoor? I think it is the one with the eight backflips (or backwalk if you're careful) but are there any faster methods? Also, would it be able to do SL's sidehop method used in his TAS without pause buffering it?
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #623 on: September 24, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »

Also, how on earth do you do a sidehop off a deku baba to skip the basement? For some reason, I find this trick excruciatingly difficult. It takes me about 20 seconds to set up the angle, about 4 2-4 hours to actually hit the megasidehop, and when I finally hit it I don't reach the basement because my angle was slightly off. So,

What is the angle/how can I set it up quickly?
What is the timing for the roll and sidehop?

Additionally, how do I jumpslash recoil after breaking the web to skip the basement, and is it possible to skip through the web after that recoil?
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #624 on: September 24, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »

Is there a way to get the Gold Skulltula in the Song of Time block on the Adult side of the Spirit Temple without the Song of Time? It's actually inside the block, so A-sliding won't work.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #625 on: September 24, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »

Also, how on earth do you do a sidehop off a deku baba to skip the basement? For some reason, I find this trick excruciatingly difficult. It takes me about 20 seconds to set up the angle, about 4 2-4 hours to actually hit the megasidehop, and when I finally hit it I don't reach the basement because my angle was slightly off. So,

What is the angle/how can I set it up quickly?
What is the timing for the roll and sidehop?

Additionally, how do I jumpslash recoil after breaking the web to skip the basement, and is it possible to skip through the web after that recoil?
For the megasidehop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhT-oxjU0VQ
The angle is not important at all.

For the jumpslash you can do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHc-r2Mqao
And yes you can web clip after this if you don't pause and go fast.

Is there a way to get the Gold Skulltula in the Song of Time block on the Adult side of the Spirit Temple without the Song of Time? It's actually inside the block, so A-sliding won't work.
You can BA the boomerang and use that to get it, but I can't think of any other ways.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:15:07 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #626 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »

You know the little turns people do to set up wrong warps? Poodleskirt's Shadow Temple WW strat has it, and the Fire Temple and Spirit Temple WWs use it, too. It's that little turn in place like in ESSs. But is there a way to get Link to stop after he turns 90/180 degrees, or is it just timing? It seems like Poodle does it perfectly every time, and I have trouble stopping short or turning too much.

Seriously, if anyone could help me with this I would be very thankful, this alone is pretty much holding me back from finishing runs.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #627 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »

If you're holding it down light enough and in the right direction Link should stop automatically. Make sure you're holding it in the ESS direction you want (Ex. hold it very slightly to the left if you wanna turn 90 degrees left).
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #628 on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »

Double post (sorry), but I found something interesting...

I was redoing my Max % Adult and I got to the chest past the stone block you have to move twice (pull down once and push to the side the other time). I was annoyed that I couldn't open the chest underwater, so I hookshotted towards it and mashed A as fast as I can and what do you know, I managed to open the chest!

EDIT: Never mind, this isn't new!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:57:15 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #629 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »

If you're holding it down light enough and in the right direction Link should stop automatically. Make sure you're holding it in the ESS direction you want (Ex. hold it very slightly to the left if you wanna turn 90 degrees left).

Wow, I can't believe I couldn't figure this out! I guess I was doing it to lightly/slowly, so the camera was starting to move before Link had turned all the way. Haha, thank you so much, you saved me a lot of headaches.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: