ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930181 times)
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #600 on: September 11, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »

Yes.  There are 2 different ways you'll see A-slides.  You can use 1 chu and slash it then roll into the explosion, or use 2 chus by rolling into the 1st one, taking damage, and turning around to do an A-slide off the second chu.  It's complicated.  Unless you do TASing, you shouldn't be that concerned about it.
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »

Alright, I just started learning the new MST, finished it like twice, but I've got a few questions if you guys would be so kind...

1) What method do you guys use to jumpslash one-cycle Dead Hand? I usually just wait until I see his arms move 5 times, but I'm not one-cycling him consistently.
2) You know the little turns people do to set up wrong warps? Poodleskirt's Shadow Temple WW strat has it, and the Fire Temple and Spirit Temple WWs use it, too. It's that little turn in place like in ESSs. But is there a way to get Link to stop after he turns 90/180 degrees, or is it just timing? It seems like Poodle does it perfectly every time, and I have trouble stopping short or turning too much.
3) The new bufferless Spirit Hover...what's the setup? I can't find a video with instructions, and Poodle says there's more to it than it looks like he's doing. I backflip off the wall, roll and retarget, do the bomb setup, hover 9 times with chus, and then backflip with my hookshot out and kokiri boots on. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I don't get what I'm doing wrong, but I'm super-inconsistent with it.
4) The Shadow Temple CS in general. I always end up on the right side of the warp, but sometimes one slash makes the CS work, and sometimes two does. I have no clue why this is, I'm doing the same setup every time. If anyone has had this problem and figured it out, please let me know.

I know this is a lot, guys. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me with some of this.
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »

During a TAS, is it faster to skip the slingshot or to get it and skip Ganon's Tower collapse?
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #603 on: September 18, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »

1) What method do you guys use to jumpslash one-cycle Dead Hand? I usually just wait until I see his arms move 5 times, but I'm not one-cycling him consistently.
Well, for 1, ive seen it on a stream at speed runs live. You jump slash dead hand, then wait till that second when hes bought to go underground, then jump slash him again. Repeat until hes defeated. Any1 tell me if I'm wrong.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #604 on: September 18, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »

You ARE correct.  However, you're not being of much help.  I believe that person knows that that's what he has to do, but he was looking for more specific help on the timing of the jumpslash.  I almost always fail it, so I'm not much help either, but your method for timing it is probably fine.
Ecko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #605 on: September 18, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »

i have a question about ganondoor

evertime i try to open the door i come in the deku tree again

is there any specific time to open the door?

i tried brianmp16´s setup without deku nut just pause buffer and i think it worked but i don´t teleport to ganons castle

and why can i not reset after fail the trick, is it impossible to do the trick again

and i don´t save, double ko on gohma is no problem, and setup also no problem just open door is the main problem

if anyone can help thank you Smiley
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #606 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »

I haven't been able to do Ganondoor myself, but I know a bit about it.

i have a question about ganondoor. everytime i try to open the door i come in the deku tree again. is there any specific time to open the door?

There is a single frame window in which you must open the door for it to work. The really tricky thing about Ganondoor is that your camera angles are important because facing certain directions will cause the blue warp to stop running in the background, which will change the timing for the door opening.

and why can i not reset after fail the trick, is it impossible to do the trick again

It has to do with how wrong warping works in general. Basically, every time you wrong warp you set up for a cutscene to play. Part of determining what cutscene plays is based on the area you're wrong warping to. In Ganondoor's case, there are no cutscenes that play inside the Tower Collapse area, so the "last cutscene" is used instead.

If you savewarp, your last cutscene will naturally be the title intro cutscene, which places you oobs, and won't give you control. If you don't savewarp, your last cutscene will naturally be the "Inside the Deku Tree" cutscene.

You'll notice that no cutscene plays after a successful Ganondoor. This is because going to Tower Collapse overwrites the "Inside the Deku Tree" cutscene in a way that causes the game to stop trying to play a cutscene.

That said, there are ways to Ganondoor from a savewarp. As an Adult, you can simply pause the game in Gohma's room to get it to work. As a child, you can either backtrack to Link's house and pause the game, then go back and do Ganondoor (once you pause at Link's house, only pause in Kokiri Forest, Deku Tree, Gohma's Room). There are other ways to perform Ganondoor after a save warp, but those two are probably the easiest

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2012, 05:54:13 AM »

I keep hearing people say that getting the Slingshot helps you with something in the run, but I forgot what it was and want to know how the Slingshot would help you at all.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »

what kind of run?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »

I keep hearing people say that getting the Slingshot helps you with something in the run, but I forgot what it was and want to know how the Slingshot would help you at all.

You can use it for this.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/tech/hovering#slingshot-bombchu-hovering

I don't know if that's what they were talking about, they might mean it's useful for a certain run.
Ecko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #610 on: September 19, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »

I haven't been able to do Ganondoor myself, but I know a bit about it.

There is a single frame window in which you must open the door for it to work. The really tricky thing about Ganondoor is that your camera angles are important because facing certain directions will cause the blue warp to stop running in the background, which will change the timing for the door opening.

It has to do with how wrong warping works in general. Basically, every time you wrong warp you set up for a cutscene to play. Part of determining what cutscene plays is based on the area you're wrong warping to. In Ganondoor's case, there are no cutscenes that play inside the Tower Collapse area, so the "last cutscene" is used instead.

If you savewarp, your last cutscene will naturally be the title intro cutscene, which places you oobs, and won't give you control. If you don't savewarp, your last cutscene will naturally be the "Inside the Deku Tree" cutscene.

okay thank you for your answers

with a savewarp? is there any video of it?

and when should i save after OI and then go back to links house?

okay i try

You'll notice that no cutscene plays after a successful Ganondoor. This is because going to Tower Collapse overwrites the "Inside the Deku Tree" cutscene in a way that causes the game to stop trying to play a cutscene.

That said, there are ways to Ganondoor from a savewarp. As an Adult, you can simply pause the game in Gohma's room to get it to work. As a child, you can either backtrack to Link's house and pause the game, then go back and do Ganondoor (once you pause at Link's house, only pause in Kokiri Forest, Deku Tree, Gohma's Room). There are other ways to perform Ganondoor after a save warp, but those two are probably the easiest
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #611 on: September 19, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »

The slingshot is needed to skip part of Ganon's Tower collapse, I just don't know if it's faster or not.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #612 on: September 19, 2012, 10:08:23 PM »

The slingshot is needed to skip part of Ganon's Tower collapse, I just don't know if it's faster or not.
It's not faster for console. For that to work you would need to do a trick that's basically TAS only

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #613 on: September 19, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »

It's not faster for console. For that to work you would need to do a trick that's basically TAS only

How much time does it save during a TAS anyway?
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #614 on: September 20, 2012, 01:22:21 AM »

1. How do you do the BotW vine clip without pause buffering?

2. I'm unable to get the proper ESS angle with a GCN controller. Any advice?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: