ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930193 times)
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #570 on: July 07, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »

Ah ok thanks, that was something I was wondering about. I shall keep practicing.~
Hopefully someone comes up with a viable roll alignment for this as child since they look kinda cool haha.
MaBruras
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »

Okey, I'm totally new to glitching in Legend of Zelda. Never done a speed run, and probably won't be able to do it Tongue

I'm playing at N64, and started up a new file to glitch. What I've done so far:

>Crouch stab forest escape
>Cucco dive to Bottom of the Well
>Didn't make the Vine Clip to the Bombchus Sad
>Learned Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song
>Got Goron Bracelet and entered Dodongo's Cavern (without getting the bombs)
>DoT skip (after 7 hours of failing, I finally learned the technique Cheesy )
>Went back to get bomb bag.

Here is my prob.: I can't buy or find any bombs ! Why?! I used up all 20 when I was trying to learn superslide etc. Sad

Fill questions: I'm looking at the routes, and woundering if everything is necessary?
- Like in 'Any% RTA' - why do you have to steel the rod?
- What does RTA and RBA mean?

I'm sorry if this was posted wrong (I just saw it was a 'help-thread'), or there is a thread about the "can't buy bombs"-issue :/ Then I will delete this post!
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/common-terms-and-abbreviations
Use this for things like RBA, RTA etc.
As for why you steal the rod. Not sure if the new any% route counts as RTA or something, but stealing the rod allows you to use RBA, check this link for more info. http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
Its basically used to mess around with the coding to change things like what medallions, items, songs etc. you have.  Im not sure why you cant use bombs, but I think it has something to do with you getting them as adult or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2012, 05:50:11 AM »

The Any% RTA route you're referring to is outdated, but i can explain why you need to steal the fishing rod. The reason is that bombs cannot be purchased or obtained unless you have a bomb bag (did you get your bombs from a chest?). If want to skip getting the bomb bag, you can use RBA to "obtain" it, allowing you to collect/buy bombs. This requires Cojiro RBA.

The new Any% route revolves around an interesting glitch known as Wrong Warping. Basically, if you step into a blue warp at the end of a dungeon while pulling out an ocarina (with the ocarina items glitch), you trigger the blue warp's cutscene, but by having the ocarina out, you can press B to cancel the ocarina mode and be able to walk around. Then, if you change what entrance you're at at the right time (by returning to a farore's wind point, or other things), you end up at a completely different entrance.

The specific method used in any% is the Ganondoor wrong warp, where what you do in the Deku Tree is that after you beat Gohma with a double k.o. jumpslash and return to the boss room, you stand on edge of the blue warp with ocarina items, then maneuver your way to the door you came in from in such a way that when you open the door, you appear on the inner tower collapse scene.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
table
Deku Scrub

« Reply #574 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »

Hey, anyone have any tips for the web break>jump slash B1 skip in the Deku Tree for any% unbuffered? I can do it fine buffered, but when you pause, it loads the web below, and it's slower overall.

I remember Poodle mentioning once that SVA had some picture that was really helpful for this, but I haven't been able to find it.

Anyways, anyone able to help?
Shredwot
Deku Scrub

« Reply #575 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

Hey, anyone have any tips for the web break>jump slash B1 skip in the Deku Tree for any% unbuffered? I can do it fine buffered, but when you pause, it loads the web below, and it's slower overall.

I remember Poodle mentioning once that SVA had some picture that was really helpful for this, but I haven't been able to find it.

Anyways, anyone able to help?

Sure thing, this is the picture SVA uploaded: http://imgur.com/BLRc6, if you want to do it buffered then just buffer 2 more frames after the picture frames. It's all about looking where link is against the side of the hole after he sidehops. Hope it helps.
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:58 AM »

I'm learning it now and I've just been trying to time the Jumpslash with the 'puzzle solved' jingle, pressing B just after the last note.  Not sure how useful it is but I just got some successful attempts doing it. 

Edit: the space between the notes is how long I try to wait after the last one before the jumpslash
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:02:30 AM by WallIsReflect » Logged
table
Deku Scrub

« Reply #577 on: July 19, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

Sure thing, this is the picture SVA uploaded: http://imgur.com/BLRc6, if you want to do it buffered then just buffer 2 more frames after the picture frames. It's all about looking where link is against the side of the hole after he sidehops. Hope it helps.

Thanks a bunch, that's helping a lot. I don't have it quite consistent yet, but I'm a LOT closer, so again, thanks c:
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #578 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »

how does gohma dying not count as a cutscene exactly?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #579 on: July 23, 2012, 08:03:40 PM »

Also seeing gohma etc.
(I think they arent treated 100% cutscenes because youre inside a dungeon or something)

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #580 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

With wrong warping, the cutscenes that "count" as your last cutscene are ones that are stored as being part of the scene itself. Typically (but not always, as it is in the case of the Lullaby cutscene) they are cutscenes that play on entering a scene.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #581 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »

Hello again. xD
Would anyone be able to tell me the frames I need to drop bomb and backflip for child kokiri hover? I can't find a vid that makes the frames apparent.
Also just to clarify something, are there any ways to kill Morpha as child that don't require getting magic meter?
As always, any help is much appreciated.
bobemmo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #582 on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:42 PM »

I feel like I'm just stopping by this site ~once per year to ask something in this thread <_<

Anyways, I was recently just thinking up a just-for-fun sort of route that would let me grab every gold skulltula in a relatively efficient manner, and I'm stuck one one in the water temple.  Is it possible (and if so, how?) to get the skulltula after the song of time block in the longshot room without actually having the song of time?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #583 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »

Not sure but it might be possible with A-slide longshot OOB.

Lol
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #584 on: August 10, 2012, 12:38:27 AM »

Yeah, the video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r-8P5vp3-c

After you get through you can just activate ISG on the tiny platform and use the Longshot to get to the skulltula.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: