ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930093 times)
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »

Is this possible as a child? I've tried several times in the past and couldn't get it.
No, it isn't.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:30 AM »

Does anyone have good advice on changing ESS direction on a N64 controller without pause buffering? What I mean is tilting the control stick from the left ESS position to the right and vice versa. A good example of where this is needed is the WESS forest escape. I can change direction perfectly fine with a pause buffer, but without one I can never get it to work.
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »

I'm having trouble with pause-buffered bombchu megaflips.

My technique is currently:

1) Pause just before the 8th flash.
2) Hold R and A to release and roll
3) Pause when the bombchu goes off and Link is leaning back
4) Hold Down and A to backflip

I always seem to get just a normal backflip or what looks like a ground jump. The 'smack' from the explosion doesn't seem to come like it does on the videos I've seen. I hold Z and R down throughout so I don't think that's the problem.

Does the fact that I'm playing on a PAL console mean I should alter my timing?

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:21 AM »

Does anyone have good advice on changing ESS direction on a N64 controller without pause buffering? What I mean is tilting the control stick from the left ESS position to the right and vice versa. A good example of where this is needed is the WESS forest escape. I can change direction perfectly fine with a pause buffer, but without one I can never get it to work.

It's just a case of moving the control stick around but never letting it leave the ESS position. Inagine all the ESS positions fall within a circle, you need to trace that circle around to rhe other side to change direction.

@glozboy, PAL megaflips are different so, unless you are on PAL Gamecube that'll be why.
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »

@glozboy, PAL megaflips are different so, unless you are on PAL Gamecube that'll be why.

Ah, I'm on PAL N64. Does anyone know what the technique for PAL megaflips is?

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »

Although Link98 is right, I would like to point something out. From what I have found through my ESSes, it seems that you don't have to turn the control stick all the way to other side of the y-axis. If you begin by holding it down-left, like I do, very carefully pull the analog stick a fraction of an inch back and move it to the right. As you approach the y-axis, Link should suddenly change direction. By holding the analog stick here, you can use small movements to switch directions, making ESS a little easier imo. However, my analog stick has a small dead-zone; not harmful but just enough that a perfect condition analog stick may not be able to do this. In my opinion, having a small dead-zone makes ESS easier, but that's just because it's the only way I've done ESS since I dug out my N64 a few months ago. You need to learn from your own controller.
Text wall... -_-

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #501 on: March 30, 2012, 07:27:41 AM »

Thanks for all the help; I got it on my first try! SamusXLink, the y-axis trick helps me get it very consistently, so thanks for that Smiley!
Last0
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #502 on: April 07, 2012, 12:19:43 AM »

I'm trying to do vine clip, without sword and shield. So then I can get chus.

If anyone wants to get up to this point:
-collect 10 rupees, buy 1 deku stick
-navi dive w/ deku stick
-get zelda's letter
-savewarp to links house
-go get slingshot
-navi dive w/ deku stick, go to town, get 50 slingshot pouch, go to kak
-down well, to do this w/o sword+shield: hit chicken twice with deku stick jump slash (or once with a deku nut), then position chicken on well and jump slash w/ deku stick to go down.
-get key, unload water
-kill deadhand, you probably want to stock up on deku sticks before going down well. it's easiest to not Z target, and jumpslash with deku stick (took a while for me to get this right).

Now you're up to vineclip. The reason for getting the slingshot is so you have a way to hit the skulltula. I'm just having trouble with the clip itself, if anyone wants to try this out and see if they can do this I'd appreciate it. I don't really know if I've discovered anything new here, you can let me know... I'm mostly just experimenting, I'm new to the forum and the speedrunning/glitch scene. If anyone has any improvements to the method of getting up to this point, or different items to use to clip, or if anyone has any advice on using deku nuts to clip, please let me know!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:53:06 AM by Last0 » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #503 on: April 07, 2012, 06:12:56 AM »

Well I've never actually done an Any % speedrun before, but last time I checked people were getting into Zora's Domain rather than savewarping and obtaining the Silver Scale, Bottle, and Deku Nuts. I think getting the slingshot would take more time because you have to watch the Deku Tree cutscene and go through a lot of unskippable text.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #504 on: April 08, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »

Ok what is this megafish that everybody speaks of? Is there a video?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #505 on: April 10, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »

I'm trying to do vine clip, without sword and shield. So then I can get chus.

If anyone wants to get up to this point:
-collect 10 rupees, buy 1 deku stick
-navi dive w/ deku stick
-get zelda's letter
-savewarp to links house
-go get slingshot
-navi dive w/ deku stick, go to town, get 50 slingshot pouch, go to kak
-down well, to do this w/o sword+shield: hit chicken twice with deku stick jump slash (or once with a deku nut), then position chicken on well and jump slash w/ deku stick to go down.
-get key, unload water
-kill deadhand, you probably want to stock up on deku sticks before going down well. it's easiest to not Z target, and jumpslash with deku stick (took a while for me to get this right).

Now you're up to vineclip. The reason for getting the slingshot is so you have a way to hit the skulltula. I'm just having trouble with the clip itself, if anyone wants to try this out and see if they can do this I'd appreciate it. I don't really know if I've discovered anything new here, you can let me know... I'm mostly just experimenting, I'm new to the forum and the speedrunning/glitch scene. If anyone has any improvements to the method of getting up to this point, or different items to use to clip, or if anyone has any advice on using deku nuts to clip, please let me know!

Why getting the letter if you're getting explosives anyway? And I'd recommend Link98OoT's youtube video of it since it is a good description of how to get into the high water.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »

I have a question about the new ww in deku tree. I got the setup and I believe I got it right atleast once during my 4 hours of attempts so I don't think that's the problem :p.

Any idea what I might be missing? I personally think it's the whole door opening process although I might be wrong.. Do you have to wait a while after releasing z by the door? How long then? Is the door-opening frame perfect, and what frames should I go for then?

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #507 on: April 19, 2012, 04:58:05 AM »

From my experience you have to release Z, pivot right, and press A to open the door immediately.

Does keeping the camera still when you're next to the blue warp delay the cutscene? If not, then I'd imagine it has to do with how fast you press B after the camera stops moving when you're still doing OI.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #508 on: April 19, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »

From my experience you have to release Z, pivot right, and press A to open the door immediately.

Does keeping the camera still when you're next to the blue warp delay the cutscene? If not, then I'd imagine it has to do with how fast you press B after the camera stops moving when you're still doing OI.

I usually wait for somewhere around ½ to 1 second to press B after the camera stands still by the warp just to make shure I'll get the right angle, but you're saying that I should try to get it as soon as the camera stops pivoting? If I idle too long then the cs isn't skipped but after the angle setup it is delayed well enough.

About the door, define "immediately" because I've even PB'd opening it :p.

I can also add that I think I got to the castle once (because of background sounds), but I was falling oob infinitely.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:22:28 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #509 on: April 19, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »

By immediately I mean as fast as you can; I don't think it needs pause buffering.

I press B roughly around the same time you do, and I've got it to work only once after trying for an hour or so. We'll just have to wait for some more advice on this I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: