ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:15:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930211 times)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

I think it would be faster to fall into the void, (which I do in the video) than to play the song and watch a warp cutscene. Of course, I haven't timed this, so I can't make any claims.
So, this isn't new?

If you fall into the void you'd respawn by the MS. Setting up the angle and get the might save a second or two if done perfectly but that's about it and wouldn't be very practical.

And no, it's not especially new to my knowledge as I've seen people do it for a few months

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #481 on: March 16, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if it's possible to do the Deku Tree web clip after skipping basement 1 with the jumpslash?

I've tried a few times but haven't pulled it off, but I'd like to know if I'm completely wasting my time trying.

Thanks!

Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #482 on: March 16, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if it's possible to do the Deku Tree web clip after skipping basement 1 with the jumpslash?

I've tried a few times but haven't pulled it off, but I'd like to know if I'm completely wasting my time trying.

Thanks!
It's definitely possible, Izu does it in the Child Dungeons world record.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #483 on: March 16, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

Hi guys,

Thanks!

That web is very strange... Sometimes it loads for me without any apparent reason, but maybe 4/5 times it works fine if you just backwalk quickly to it. Turning around or worrying about angles wastes time so you should rather guanowalk a bit to the right instead of changing angle and then just mash a as soon as you get through it.

Btw are you saying you can't pull off the web clip or the actual js? I find it easy if you first get out the sword and then time the js for as soon the black part gets on screen. If you're simply trying to react to it then it's going to be very hard.

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #484 on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

That web is very strange... Sometimes it loads for me without any apparent reason, but maybe 4/5 times it works fine if you just backwalk quickly to it. Turning around or worrying about angles wastes time so you should rather guanowalk a bit to the right instead of changing angle and then just mash a as soon as you get through it.

Btw are you saying you can't pull off the web clip or the actual js? I find it easy if you first get out the sword and then time the js for as soon the black part gets on screen. If you're simply trying to react to it then it's going to be very hard.

I've got the jumpslash down so that's not a problem, it's the web clip I can't do.

I turn around when I land so i'll try backwalking instead.

Thanks for the tips!

zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #485 on: March 16, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

if you're going from a file that already has the web broken it loads the basement so you can't do the web clip

you can only do it if you break the web before doing it

and if you angle your megasidehop/js properly just backwalking straight after doing it then mashing a when link falls is all you need to do
Glozboy
Regular Guay

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »

if you're going from a file that already has the web broken it loads the basement so you can't do the web clip

and if you angle your megasidehop/js properly just backwalking straight after doing it then mashing a when link falls is all you need to do

Ah, that explains why I can't do it. I was wondering if that was the case Embarrassed

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #487 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »

Hmm, I never knew this actually... But why would the basement load? And I'm not certain right now but I think the room itself is unloaded so are you talking about some actor pointers or something that is loaded?

And since it is loaded, can you unload it by e.g. going into another room?

Im lazy  Roll Eyes

zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2012, 12:19:34 AM »

i have not been on zelda in a wile now, and i just tried the DoT skip and i cant get it right. i can come back to the side without the MS by jumpslashing but not the MS side. mostly, i just need to know what frame to jumpslash on, i got everything else.
thx
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »

the first frame that link is off camera, and the camera is still in bounds. Make sure you also hold left on this frame.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

I've been trying to get the well bombchus and I am getting stuck on consistently vine clipping. The camera angle when I start climbing down the wall is usually never the same, yet I can still manage to clip through occasionally by feeling it out. I think the camera angle changing is because of a mistake in my set-up or perhaps simply because I'm using gamecube version. Anyone have a similar issue to this at all?

By set-up, its run to the corner of the wall, climb down, get up, rotate 90 to the left, L target + neutral slash, rotate 90 to the left, time neutral slash at top of skulltula's height, back z-target. Again, this is ideal what I have been trying to do, but I think I might be too slow on the backpedal after a neutral slash and its giving me different camera angles.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »

The camera angle for going down the vines doesn't matter at all as long as you end up as close to the wall as possible. If you backwalk too slow down the vines the second time or hold z too long then you're not going to see the skulltulas legs which signal which frame you're supposed to let go on because the camera is too zoomed in. The only way to go from there is either to abort by climbing left or take the chance you got the right frame.

zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »

whether or not you see the legs can always be fixed by timing your slash better

i hit b just before it reaches the top of its bounce, i know other people use different timings but thats whats been consistent for me
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #493 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »

Any tips on how to line up Swordless DoTs on the JPN version? I just installed it onto my Wii and am now having troubles with any% because of this.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »

Is this possible as a child? I've tried several times in the past and couldn't get it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: