ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930320 times)
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »

No, it's blue warp dependent. Deku Tree portal has a huge window of opportunity, but dc/fire temple are frame perfect.

DC is frame perfect Shocked? But I got it 6 times out of 6 today without really trying. That can't be right...

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »

There's no way DC is frame perfect, otherwise people wouldn't be getting it so consistently at the end of runs. Fire temple definitely is though. and I think theres a frame perfect window for DC if you've already seen the cutscene(though thats just something i think I saw sock do once on his stream).
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2012, 01:58:15 AM »

Ok yes, I'm wrong about DC being frame perfect. I believe the first two child portals have a window of about 5 seconds, while all the adult portals are in fact frame perfect, with the Jabu portal being the only one that is impossible to wrong warp due to ruto.

Someone needs to make a rom hack to fix this >=D

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »

I appear to need more help...
When getting the 37th heart piece, the fastest way would be to do a megaflip through the corner of the barrier. I've tried to do this many times with different angles, and nothing has worked. Is there an angle that really works that I've missed, or is it even possible without Nayru's Love?

EDIT: Lol nvm. I just didn't try the right angle. I finally got it now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:23:18 AM by Hornlitz » Logged
Luke
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »

Any tips for MST fire temple boss key skip? I would like to be able to do it without hover boots, but I fall into the unloaded room with the fire barriers that shoot up.. every time.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »

Any tips for MST fire temple boss key skip? I would like to be able to do it without hover boots, but I fall into the unloaded room with the fire barriers that shoot up.. every time.
You should be holding right as soon as you get the superslide - before you even clip. The jumpslash and hold forwards when the very lowest room is in the middle of the screen (assuming you're holding Z throughout)
Luke
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »

Thanks a bunch
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #472 on: March 10, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »

What prompts the Bombchu shop to start selling bombchus?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #473 on: March 11, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

Probably after you have the bomb bag? And it opens at night. When you bought them all, no more will be sold there again so you will have to rely on the carpet merchant or try your luck at winning some from the bowling alley.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:40:33 AM by Jeville » Logged
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #474 on: March 12, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Probably after you have the bomb bag?

No, after you step into the DC blue warp.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2012, 02:00:10 AM »

Anybody else find out the angle for clipping back through DoT? Cuz I've done it twice now, and didn't want to double post in discovery topic.

Still working out finer points, but will have description and (shitty quality) video on the site soon if someone can confirm this is new.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »

Anybody else find out the angle for clipping back through DoT? Cuz I've done it twice now, and didn't want to double post in discovery topic.

Still working out finer points, but will have description and (shitty quality) video on the site soon if someone can confirm this is new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGrrmoWVAc&list=UUKLmmaHbmzDKEChfqAjXzOw&index=22&feature=plcp
^Is that what you are talking about?

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »

I can't watch the vid atm; my parents blocked youtube cuz my little brother was derping around inappropriate stuff...
Anyway, I meant a reverse sidehop clip. I'm not talking about the recoil boost method or any adult thing. It's for child link to get back through DoT without savewarping. Unfortunately, this means that it will probably only be of use to any lunatic who decides to 100% SS.

Video is all ready, but I don't know when I can upload. Surprisingly, I got it on the second attempt, despite having 15 minutes of practice after figuring it out. XD

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:44 AM »

I can't watch the vid atm; my parents blocked youtube cuz my little brother was derping around inappropriate stuff...
Anyway, I meant a reverse sidehop clip. I'm not talking about the recoil boost method or any adult thing. It's for child link to get back through DoT without savewarping. Unfortunately, this means that it will probably only be of use to any lunatic who decides to 100% SS.

Video is all ready, but I don't know when I can upload. Surprisingly, I got it on the second attempt, despite having 15 minutes of practice after figuring it out. XD
Even then it is still useless because you would have the Prelude of Light. I've found it useful for practicing DoT skip, that's about it.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »

Even then it is still useless because you would have the Prelude of Light. I've found it useful for practicing DoT skip, that's about it.
I think it would be faster to fall into the void, (which I do in the video) than to play the song and watch a warp cutscene. Of course, I haven't timed this, so I can't make any claims.

Quote from: Pheenoh link=topic26.msg17252#msg17252 date=1331801144
I've found it useful for practicing DoT skip,
So, this isn't new?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: