ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930200 times)
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2011, 01:53:21 AM »

Are you holding ESS position?

CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

The joystick tilt? Yes.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2011, 07:12:06 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXQmvstRP3I&feature=related

This is the most consistent/ easy way that i have seen

I watched that and got a lot out of it except the Down A to Up frame buffer part. I don't understand that at all >_<
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

Now the vine clip I can sort of help with. I too had a HUGE problem with doing it. You're going to have to pause buffer if you want it the easiest way. I did, and it took about 9 tries but I finally got it. Sometimes I don't pause fast enough, or pause too early which ruins it. What you do is, when the skulltula's leg is in c left (c right mabye I forgot I was just so excited to have it right) Press Down+A when you unpause. Then pause after a frame, continue holding down. Pause after another frame, hold up. You should clip through the vines, and fall into water. Hope that helped.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
crimsonshadows
Deku Scrub

« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

Hi I'm new here and I wondering it anyone could help me out with the Tektite Hover to the Fishing Pond?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »

Hi I'm new here and I wondering it anyone could help me out with the Tektite Hover to the Fishing Pond?
Honestly, the best thing to do is just not to even try.  It's the hardest trick in the game and only 2 or 3 people have ever pulled it off on console.  Sorry to discourage you, but its not something you should focus on unless you want to get the world record.  If you're trying to learn any%, I suggest using the new navi dive forest escape, getting a bean in zora's river and planting it in lake hylia while getting ruto's bottle.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
crimsonshadows
Deku Scrub

« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »

Ah ok and thanks anyways plus the only thing I can't get right for it is the sidehop timing.
markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »

Is there any way to get into the fire temple as a child without bombchu hovering? I've got the megaflip down but bombchu hovering is a big no no for me.

Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »

I don't know of an alternate way. I find this method to be very easy though and suggest you try it, even though it is bombchu hovering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xofjG9ar0M

markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:37 PM »

I don't know of an alternate way. I find this method to be very easy though and suggest you try it, even though it is bombchu hovering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xofjG9ar0M
thank you! I will try that. The problem I have with bombchu hovering is using the slingshot, so this would definitely be easier.

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »

Can anyone help me with killing KD in low% MST, I've managed to hover near his head a few times but I can never get the bombchu to go into his mouth afterwards.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Can anyone help me with killing KD in low% MST, I've managed to hover near his head a few times but I can never get the bombchu to go into his mouth afterwards.

The window where the hitbox for his mouth is low enough for you to get the chu in is only a few frames. The most key part of it I've found is when you pull out the first chu. Positioning or exactly how close you are to him doesn't matter too much (just make sure you're not really far from him or way off to the side). Since it's your first time it'd probably be best to pause buffer the hover, backflip, and pulling out the second chu. You should get a good idea on timing from this video http://www.youtube.com/user/Elminster219#p/u/5/11-fNPcMrGs
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

I've been buffering everything apart from pulling the chu out and it isn't working for me, thanks for your reply and i'll try and i'll keep trying until i find the right frame.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »

I have some questions that would take a long time to research so I'd appreciate answers Smiley!

Are there any negative effects from clearing Forest Temple, Water Temple and Shadow Temple as a child? I heard someone say it'd freeze your game and I don't need that.

Are there any negative effects from clearing Deku Tree and Dodongo Cavern as an adult?

If I were to collect the spiritual stones as an adult, when would the OoT/Ganondorf cutscene initiate? Would I be able to leave town if I traveled back? (since the gate is shut from the outside)

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2011, 07:30:57 AM »

If you step into the blue warp for beating forest or shadow as child then it will freeze during the medallion cutscene, but you can do everything else in the dungeon, including beating the bosses (just savewarp out to avoid the blue warp), without any negative effects.  You can step into the blue warp for water without freezing though.

Nothing bad about Deku/DC as adult.

With the ganondorf/OoT cutscene ready to activate, you can leave the market and you'll fall in the river.  The cutscene wont activate until you get on land where the cutscene would start as usual.  There's also something fun you can do if you haven't gotten zelda's lullaby yet: if you get the lullaby after all 3 stones, when impa takes you out to hyrule field the colors will be distorted which looks pretty cool, and the escape cutscene activates as soon as the impa cutscene ends.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: