ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:35:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 914668 times)
JRD05
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »

Early Bombchus as Child

Jumpslash to get to the carpet salesman in the Haunted Wasteland and buy them from him. This would require tricks to get there as a child and only 10 skulltulas to get the adult wallet.  It might seem useful for a 100%, segmented run.  I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been discovered though.
evilteddy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »

I was just wondering if anybody could explain to me how to use pause buffering.
I can get OOB in the bottom of the well but I have only ever once been able to do the jumpslash to the bombchus and I heard that pause buffering would help to make sure that it was only 3 frames after jumping out of the water that link jumpslashed.

If someone could point me to anything explaining pause buffering that would be great.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 07:38:41 AM »

I was just wondering if anybody could explain to me how to use pause buffering.
I can get OOB in the bottom of the well but I have only ever once been able to do the jumpslash to the bombchus and I heard that pause buffering would help to make sure that it was only 3 frames after jumping out of the water that link jumpslashed.

If someone could point me to anything explaining pause buffering that would be great.

Just hold the button/s as you're un-pausing and it will do it on that frame. Advance one frame at a time and you're basically using frame advance on console.

For the jumpslash to the well chus, it's weird since sometimes you need to do it on the 2nd frame, and sometimes on the 3rd. I've found that if I swim backwards to the edge, then turn around and swim out, it'll always be the 2nd frame.

evilteddy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 08:16:21 AM »

Jiano you are a champion. I've got this working 80% of the time now.

Thanks.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »

Here's a question: Would RBA runs be allowed on SDA?

Now, I know that I could probably ask this on the SDA OoT topic but, figuring that these are the best Zelda speedrunning forums, I thought I could ask here, too.

By the way, I'm new, so hello!

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »

Yes, they are. I'm currently working on one.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »

Thanks for the answer, runnerguy! I have been checking out your run and I think it looks AMAZING!

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 05:46:10 AM »

I know this is two posts in a row, but I figured people would notice it more if I just posted again...

New question, cause I don't understand something: In the any% RBA run, you get the 40 rupees on the chains before doing DoT skip. If some of those rupees go to fishing as an adult, what else do they go to? Or do all 40 go to fishing? I can't remember if there's a difference in rupee total between child fishing and adult fishing.

Thanks ahead of time!

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 05:52:33 AM »

You have to buy arrows from the kakariko bazaar.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »

is there anything special i should know for DoT skip??

it's always random for me...

need to try it houres till it works.

it took now about 12 houres for me and it just worked 1 time... (going to the master sword... falling through the map is still random =( )
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »

Just take a look to the DoT skip page on the site. The angle shown is perfect.

Anyway, be sure to press C-up just after Z when you turn back to have the good alignement.

And hold left from your side jump til you get through the door.
And you can pause buffer it. Press B for the jumslash just one frame after you get through the wall.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:48:55 PM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

If you use the angle shown on the DoT skip page,  a good sideroll and backward sidehop should get through most of the time.  You might be sidehopping too late or not rolling far enough left.  When you think you're going through you might want to pause to find the right frame to jumpslash.  When you see a frame where link is no longer on screen but the camera is still in bounds, unpause, hold left and mash B and you should get in.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »

that's not the problem at this moment ^^
my thumb and my fingers still hurt because of this... and i just did it one time (so the full skip)

the thing is to get through the door.
is there space needet between you and the door? or is it okay when i stay in the edge?
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »

I prefer to stay in the ledge or corner, and backflip once and then immediately do the sideways roll and sidehop. Most other people prefer to have some space there though to not roll forward along the side.

It took me 4 hours when it first was discovered to do it, and I already had done a lot of hard tircks. Don't get discouraged!

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »

aaah =D

but my thumb still hurts xDD

so i'll try again...

ah and one more question:
has it to be exactly one pixel? or is it ok as long it is in the blue line, shown in the tutorial? (sorry, bad english ^^")
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: