ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:17:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where should the "Inside Ganon's Castle" IL end?
Ganondorf beat - 5 (50%)
Ganon beat - 5 (50%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Ganon's Castle IL Officially Added to OoT IL List!  (Read 19891 times)
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »

So it's officially on the IL list now.

The rules are currently still under debate.

RULES:
Any% Starts at IGC entrance, ends at final blow on Ganondorf or Ganon.

100% Starts at IGC entrance. Must dispel the barrier by completing the six trials. You must also open all chests. Entering all rooms is NOT required. Ends at final blow to Ganondorf or Ganon.

Alrighty so we definitely need to add Inside Ganon's Castle to the IL list. It should start at the entrance of the castle and end at Ganondorf IMO (although it makes sense to have the end of the escape be the end also...).

I say:

Any% = Ganon's Castle entrance ---> final blow on Ganondorf (Technically you go outside of the castle after Ganondorf...).
100% = Every room entered and all chest opened + save sages  ---> final blow on Ganondorf.

Other options:

100% - No saving sages
Any% and 100% - The dungeon ends at Ganon, no Ganondorf.
Any% and 100% - The dungeon ends at the end of the escape, before Ganon.

What are your opinions on how the IL for Ganon's Castle should work?

EDIT: And to those that say Ganon's Castle shouldn't be counted as a dungeon: It's got a major dungeon item (gold gauntlets), Boss Key, and a major boss that has text saying his name. The only thing that GC lacks that other IL dungeons have is a map and compass (but in my opinion there's no map and compass because the dungeon is straight forward and doesn't need them).

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:59:05 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »

i like the idea but for a 100% how will we show proof that we got everything.

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »

i like the idea but for a 100% how will we show proof that we got everything.

Showing proof at the end isn't required, it's only recommended. It won't be hard to confirm all items got... and you basically have to enter every room (aside from secret fairy area) to save all sages.

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:47:18 AM »

Showing proof at the end isn't required, it's only recommended. It won't be hard to confirm all items got... and you basically have to enter every room (aside from secret fairy area) to save all sages.
true you have a point

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Elminster45
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:46:15 AM »

I say Ganon should be beat because after Ganondorf is beat, you still have to exit the crumbling castle.

And BTW the dungeon is called Inside Ganon's Castle. Ganon's Castle is the exterior map Tongue

And we need Ice Cavern, Bottom of the Well, Thieves' Hideout and Gerudo Training Ground. Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well would probably end after killing the Dead Hand or White Wolfos, Thieves' Hideout would end after freeing all of the carpenters, Gerudo Training Ground would end with collecting the Ice Arrows. Whether you need to exit these dungeons on your own is debatable (I think we should since you get warped out of the main dungeons). Whether to get Lens of Truth and Iron Boots in an any% is also debatable - I say no since you don't get the Heart Containers from bosses in any%.

Thieves' Hideout should be one category; the routes for any% and 100% would be exactly the same. We would have pick a standard entrance for everyone to start from. Gerudo Training Ground differs based on how many keys you get.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

I say Ganon should be beat because after Ganondorf is beat, you still have to exit the crumbling castle.

And BTW the dungeon is called Inside Ganon's Castle. Ganon's Castle is the exterior map Tongue

You're right, it's called INSIDE Ganon's Castle... when you beat Ganondorf you go OUTSIDE the castle. So Ganondorf should definitely be the end.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:05:52 AM »

Well Inside Ganon's Castle =/= Ganon's Tower, so it should end when you enter the tower Tongue

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Zero
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »

I say no 100% Ganon Castle IL that includes saving sages. We should have an IL that is when you start at the tower till blow to ganondorf. The each trial should have their own IL.
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »

thats not a bad idea, i wouldnt mind doing trial ILs.

I also think you should just have to kill gannondorf for the castle IL
Elminster45
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »

You go back inside the castle several times during the escape. If you don't want to end it with beating Ganon, then you should at least end it when walking out the front entrance of the castle.

Also, it's called Inside GANON's Castle. Not Ganondorf's. Tongue
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

You go back inside the castle several times during the escape. If you don't want to end it with beating Ganon, then you should at least end it when walking out the front entrance of the castle.

Also, it's called Inside GANON's Castle. Not Ganondorf's. Tongue

Yeah adding the escape makes sense I guess, and have it end when you exit the castle's entrance...

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:55 PM »

I voted Ganon; seems odd to not have that be the final ending to me.

I would vote against each trial as it's own IL though; they are all really short.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Elminster45
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:43:54 AM »

^
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:13 AM »

I vote for only the defeat of Ganondorf. Watching the climb down the tower and the final Ganon fight is kind of boring, plus your fighting quite a bit of lag at this stage of the game.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
bobemmo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:56 AM »

I don't know why, but I always think of ganondorf as the final boss of the tower, and then the escape and ganon fight are some kind of extra event+battle.  Plus, you aren't really in the tower anymore, so yeah.

Is the secret fairy + business scrub shop a separate room, or is it just part of the main chamber?  Would you have to enter it for 100%?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: