ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:43:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gohma Entrance Cutscene Skip - Glitch or Buggy Cartridge?  (Read 4636 times)
Schiller
Deku Scrub

« on: December 09, 2015, 05:11:13 AM »

Hey guys,

I got a cartridge of Ocarina of Time  a while back at a yard sale, and I decided to test some speed run strats on it. I was practicing Gohma Clip, when I found that my cartridge skips the entrance cutscene if I just move forward in any way (rolls, jump attack, etc.) I tried recreating it in emulator on the various versions but I can't really figure out how to get it off my cartridge. I'm getting conflicting results from "how to check version" pages, but it's either 1.1 or 1.2. I'd be glad to find that this is a real and repeatable glitch, as it definitely could save ~15 seconds in the various categories, but it's looking dubious for sure. I'm linking a .gif I made of the video I took. Sorry for bad recording, no real recording hardware available :/ http://gfycat.com/JubilantSimpleIrishwolfhound

Thanks for the help guys!

-Schiller
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 11:29:37 AM »

When you re-fight most bosses, either a shortened cutscene plays, or the boss fight triggers immediately

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Schiller
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:40:38 AM »

Ah, that must be the case. I looked at it again and it gives me the short cutscene at any angle, and when I was trying it to record I couldn't get it until I died and reloaded just to practice my gohma fight. Sorry for the noob-y question, thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: