Beta Quest: A new OoT Mod

<< < (3/3)

RainingChain:
Quote from: Dagoth_Bob on November 23, 2015, 02:04:47 AM

Great mod. Even though I'm not a speedrunner, it's a fun challenge to attempt 100% with randomized exits.

There's only one issue I've run into, so far. If you are sent to the Spirit Temple exit in the Desert Colossus and the Requiem of Spirit cutscene triggers, the game will crash when the cutscene ends. I've had it happen on two different seeds and I run through an Everdrive v2 on N64 hardware. I was given a yellow bar the first instance of it occurring, but a hard freeze on the second seed I attempted with.

Requiem of Spirit cutscene also makes me crash when it ends. Other than that, I had no bug. That mod is really addicting! I really like it.

Dagoth_Bob:
Quote from: mzxrules on November 23, 2015, 02:45:50 AM

Note to everyone: If you encounter a yellow bar crash, please try and show the debug screens to me. I can understand them, and try and trace the exception that occurred

I'll track down the crash again and see if I can't get you pics of the debug screen.

Probably worth noting that I didn't experience any crash/freeze on VC.

Also one minor thing to fix; the lon-lon bottle cannot be obtained, as successful completion of the minigame is a randomized exit. Might make sense to make that one non-random, like you did with the medallions.

mzxrules:
Dagoth_Bob: I've fixed the Requiem Crash and Softlock. Crash is caused by using the "sandstorm" transition being set to play on entering a new area. The reason is that this particular transition requires a specific object file (which stores graphical assets) to be loaded, but the dependency is defined on a per room basis and most rooms don't load it.

Dagoth_Bob:
Quote from: mzxrules on November 26, 2015, 02:25:03 AM

Dagoth_Bob: I've fixed the Requiem Crash and Softlock. Crash is caused by using the "sandstorm" transition being set to play on entering a new area. The reason is that this particular transition requires a specific object file (which stores graphical assets) to be loaded, but the dependency is defined on a per room basis and most rooms don't load it.

I gotcha. I'm willing to bet the reason it didn't crash on VC was because the room loaded right after it happened to be inside the Spirit Temple, which may have had access to that transition.

That, or because VC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page