ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:55:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in Time Glitch / Corrupt File  (Read 3616 times)
ZeldaPirate
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: October 10, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »

Hi people! I want to make the speedrun of Zelda Skyward Sword but when I saw the videos of others speedrunners, I don't undertand one thing. Why in the speedruns of Zelda SS yo need to make the corrupt file? It is completly necessary in the speedrun? I want to make the Zelda SS speedrun with only the Back in Time Glitch but not making that corrupt file. Plis answer me Sad
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:59:51 AM »

Corrupt file is used to make a much easier BiT. While it's not "required" (you can simply die from other means instead of S/Q and then corrupt file BiT), it's easy to make and provides a very quick BiT.

If you don't want to make corrupt file, you can simply make a save at a location which you would easily die from.

If you're worried about it corrupting the game, it won't. What corrupt file means is it's a file that has, basically, all the data is zeroed out, except it's still loadable, and it has a spawn point of the owl statue you saved at. Other than that, it has zeroed data: 0 rupees, 0 total hearts, 0 current hearts, etc, etc. As it has 0 hearts, you die upon spawning (which lets you activate BiT).
ZeldaPirate
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »

OK thank you! And another question, In my speedrun of Zelda SS any% I don't have to follow any obligated route no? I can make the route that I want to make?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: