ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242478 times)
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #885 on: July 04, 2014, 07:30:24 AM »

I did it with spirit temple a long time ago and it didn't crash. I couldn't get requiem cutscene to play no matter how close of a coordinate I tried though I guess it's completely dependent on that exit or something

maybe the crash was just misinformation then. thats pretty much what i passed it off as anyway. But, I don't understand why the requiem cs wouldnt play... i would have expected it to void warp you during the cutscene, or just play the cutscene normally.

EDIT: where did you set the FW point?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:34:49 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #886 on: July 04, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »

maybe the crash was just misinformation then. thats pretty much what i passed it off as anyway. But, I don't understand why the requiem cs wouldnt play... i would have expected it to void warp you during the cutscene, or just play the cutscene normally.

EDIT: where did you set the FW point?
It's been so long that I don't remember, sorry

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #887 on: July 05, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »

Idk if this is known, but it's just a small thing I thought is worth documenting

Normally, if you shield drop a chu while hovering in mid-air, the chu will appear in front of Link's feet (just like on land). But, if the spot where the chu should appear is closer to the ground than where Link's feet are hovering (close enough that the chu would otherwise latch on), then the chu will get pushed up slightly instead. So the chu explodes like normal, but the explosion takes place a little higher up, and because of this, you can actually just do a straight kokiri backflip hover and the explosion will still hit your shield.

This isn't really useful, because you need to have ground straight in front of you, or at least be above a steep enough incline, and you can just do an angled backflip hover anyway. Also, I'm not positive my explanation is accurate, it just seems that way.

EDIT: doesn't seem to work as child. the chu does appear in the wrong spot, but it can't hit your shield
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:29:43 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #888 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »

Afaik the Requiem cutscene does not set the required variable. Silvers does (I hacked myself into Nayru's Love loading zone and WW'd to credits), and so does Zelda's Escape (I tried falling OoB but triggering the cutscene seems to cause the void not to fire until the last possible frame, resulting in a void warp every time), IDK of any others. Both of those are CS 1. Only hope of CS 0 I think is Jabu.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #889 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »

You can OI/Bottle dupe with the animation where you Z-target as you climb up a ledge and Link turns around when he stands up, found by Fox

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #890 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:05 AM »

You can OI/Bottle dupe with the animation where you Z-target as you climb up a ledge and Link turns around when he stands up, found by Fox

You can also just sideroll and then do the OI inputs while Link is turning to face forward again. lol cool stuff
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #891 on: July 12, 2014, 01:16:19 AM »

Very cool!

Afaik the Requiem cutscene does not set the required variable. Silvers does (I hacked myself into Nayru's Love loading zone and WW'd to credits), and so does Zelda's Escape (I tried falling OoB but triggering the cutscene seems to cause the void not to fire until the last possible frame, resulting in a void warp every time), IDK of any others. Both of those are CS 1. Only hope of CS 0 I think is Jabu.

Don't forget the horse-riding games Kappa Kappa

Also Nathan iirc (and I might not be) the crashing for that thing only seemed to happen on emu and/or if you set FW in a dungeon

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #892 on: July 12, 2014, 08:30:44 AM »

RIP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPJ2cmpUU4

(Bottle dupe over sword)

Shieldswipe doesn't update the button index, quick draw does. GG
The hard part is doing quick draw without Link putting the bottle away. Nothing a setup can't solve I hope.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:57:02 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #893 on: July 13, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »

Action Swap, found by Zas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVT21aOA_kI

This glitch uses quick draw to let you swap the action of one item into another. It seems it can really only swap a first-person aiming item with a swingable item (or vice versa, kinda).

SWAP EFFECTS:
Any 1st-person item -> swords/fishing rod (child):
      -shoots deku seeds
      -makes slingshot noise when firing
Any 1st-person item -> stick (child):
      -shoots deku seeds
      -projectile is invisible(?)
      -shot goes upward at an angle
Any 1st-person item -> empty bottle (child):
      -shoots deku seeds
Any 1st-person item -> hammer (child):
      -shoots deku seeds
Any 1st-person item -> swords/fishing rod (adult):
      -shoots arrows
      -no sound when firing
Any 1st-person item -> hammer (adult):
      -shoots arrows
      -bow noise when firing
Any 1st-person item -> stick (adult):
      -shoots fire arrow (no magic required!)
      -shot goes upward at an angle
      -bow sound when firing
Any 1st-person item -> empty bottle (adult):
      -uses arrow count
      -projectile looks like deku nut
      -projectile sounds like deku seed when it hits a wall (doesn't leave arrow behind)
      -no sound when firing
Any swing-able item -> 1st-person item:
      -1st-person item doesn't work anymore

SWAP WHILE AIMING EFFECTS:
Any 1st-person item -> any swing-able item
      -Link holds the item like the 1st-person item you used
Any 1st-person item -> bombs/chus
      -bomb/chu armor (explosive is inside Link's body)
Sling -> rang
      -shoots deku seeds
      -weird 3rd-person aiming

SWAP WHILE CHARGING EFFECTS:
Sling/hook/bow -> any swing-able item:
      -wasteland ambiance starts playing
Sling/hook/bow -> rang
      -wasteland ambiance starts playing
Sling/hook/bow -> bombs/chus
      -ground jump/Grab-A

OTHER NOTES:
-all swords, fishing rod, and sold out have the same effects
-need ammo to actually shoot something (it will play wasteland music instead of plucking sound when you try to shoot with 0 ammo)
-crouching, among other things, will cancel the glitch
-deku stick as adult lets you shoot fire without magic, but doesn't seem useful since you need water and you can't aim
-you can ground jump with chus, but again, doesn't seem useful
-if you light the swapped deku stick on fire, its hitbox becomes infinite and it's graphics slowly grows
-if you use the boomerang before drawing the sword you quick drew, when the boomerang comes back, the quick drawn item will look like the boomerang until you pause the game
-the wastleland music is because first-person items make a noise when charging, so wasteland is the equivalent noise for swingable items/rang
-effects are different in MM and oot3d. these games also crash whenever the wasteland sound would happen. both need more testing
-other combinations probably dont have interesting effects, but everything should be double checked
-you can't really aim your shots with this glitch, but you can shoot while backflipping to modify the trajectory
-the deku nut shots dont hurt or stun enemies
-you can use this to shoot the target in lost woods, but can't really aim for the bulls-eye
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:39:34 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #894 on: July 14, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »

I just timed nighttime in hyrule field and it turns about, contrary to popular belief, time does NOT pass slower while in a dark area such as near Hyrule Castle and Lon Lon Ranch. First I made it night with Ganon's Castle. When I timed standing in the dark area near Hyrule Castle, it turned day after 1:26 (from my savestate standing in the market near the exit). When I left the dark area immediately and stood outside Kakariko, it took 1:29 to become day.

The reason why is that leaving or entering a dark area slows down time, not being in or outside of one. To prove this I timed continuously going inside and outside the "dark area" and it turned day after 3:11! This means that the Bottle Dupe method near the castle is NOT slower than the one outside of Kakariko Village, and entering or leaving a dark area wastes roughly 3 seconds.

RattleMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #895 on: July 15, 2014, 04:54:33 AM »

Found an easier red rupee, extremely consistent yet fast at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1t77kqP2I

1) As shown at 0:11, Z-align the wall anywhere before the waterfall ("Z-align" = face the wall and hit Z to align parallel to it)
2) As soon as you fall off the waterfall and surface, begin holding up-right while mashing B to swim fast. Be sure not to hit B at any time as you're falling down the "first" waterfall or your angle may change.
3) You'll grab the edge right before the waterfall next to the red rupee; release Z as Link climbs up
4) Turn 90 degrees to the right
5) Sidehop right, and hold right on your way down (holding right is essential)
6) Red rupee!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:02:10 AM by RattleMan » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #896 on: July 17, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

The reason why is that leaving or entering a dark area slows down time stops completely when switching between the "sunny" and "cloudy" skyboxes.

Fixed

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Phendrox
Deku Scrub

« Reply #897 on: July 29, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »

I don't know if this has been discovered but I found a new way to get to the shadow temple before getting the nocturne of shadow.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #898 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »

If you explain what the method is, we can tell you if it's known or not.

Phendrox
Deku Scrub

« Reply #899 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »

If you explain what the method is, we can tell you if it's known or not.
The method is by chu hovering on top on dampe's hut. This method does need an earlier way to get to shadow temple early but this definetly works. So I chu hover on top of the hut at a certain positiobn facing the back of the hut and a certain angle facing towards the trees at the back, I then swap the camera back around to face the front of the hut and I chu hover 14 times and backflip with the hover boots on and I got on the very top of the green ledge. I've been practising this for a day now.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: