ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242594 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #840 on: February 24, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »

I knew it was possible on all versions for Poacher's Saw and Odd Mushroom, but I don't think I've ever done it with the cucco lady on VC, and I guess I assumed it wasn't possible because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpcrtFmqYpo

Speaking of Odd Mushroom collection delay, I recall awhile back I tried to do trade item duplication with the odd mushroom by pulling out a bomb and walking out of the trigger, and then bottle duping over the mushroom. After I did that I walked back into the trigger and Link got the mushroom, but the timer didn't appear right away. Then when I walked further in the room it did. I'm guessing maybe the timer doesn't appear if the carpenter's son actor isn't loaded? Maybe this is already known, and I don't know if this means anything.
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #841 on: February 26, 2014, 12:54:42 AM »

http://youtu.be/qUt2B6cOw9s

Gerudo gate skip w/ out hovers cause I couldn't find a setup
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #842 on: February 28, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »

Go to the Q&A thread pls

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
MjTheHunter
Deku Scrub

« Reply #843 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »

I just realized something similar with the bottle. I duped a bottle over a deku stick. Then Picked up another deku stick. The bottle remains on C until you re-equip the deku stick and then bottle goes away again.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #844 on: March 14, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »

It's known. The button has an offset value into the inventory which is used to determine what items are already equipped to the C buttons. When you get the Deku Stick back it doesn't update the c button item since the Deku Stick slot never changes into a different item normally. Travelling through time should revert the C bottle back to a stick.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #845 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »

For the record, you can pause in House of Twins to fix ganondoor on iQue instead of Link's house. It doesn't even give you a 10 second delay, it just works like normal. Idk if this had been documented before, but it has now.
Jbop

« Reply #846 on: March 19, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »

Interesante

Because its OoT.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #847 on: March 19, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

I've noted that it works in House of Twins in v1.0 before... I think.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jbop

« Reply #848 on: March 20, 2014, 05:26:56 AM »

You found that it worked in v1.1 because pausing in Link's House does not work on that version. However, pausing in House of Twins doesn't work on normal N64/VC 1.2 so for it to work on iQue is interesting, although I'm not too surprised.

Because its OoT.
natalyahasdied
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #849 on: March 22, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »

I finally got around to testing certain FW possibilities me and jbop have been looking at. These consist of oddities where the game loads the room differently from when you left it, sometimes even the wrong room entirely.

This works with :
Void warps with FW set anywhere in shadow (all FW points load the maze room)
Certain Boss Rooms (pics below)

It's pretty cool to see these rooms without cheats or entrance editor. I don't know exactly why certain ones do and don't work. ***I'm sure mzx or someone probably knows in specific, I guess certain things probably are set to be first to load (which would make sense).

http://i.imgur.com/3bMTEBT.png forest
http://i.imgur.com/IEds9mJ.png fire
http://i.imgur.com/sXohHa9.png shadow
http://i.imgur.com/rCRG1Nd.png spirit

deku dc jabu just load as far as i can tell unchanged versions of the room before the boss door
water doesn't seem to do this at all from what I can tell

*****edit: after talking with mzx, this is the theory
-respawns after voids contain map and coordinate data
-maps loaded were map 0 for preboss rooms and were coinciding with the map 0 of gerudo's fortress that was void warped from.
-water boss room loaded map 1 because the void warp section tested was not map 0 but map 1 or higher
-there are also multiple types (3 or 4? ) of voids that all are setup differently and affect void warp
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:00:11 AM by natalyahasdied » Logged