ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 02:53:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1254629 times)
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #810 on: January 08, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »

Great!
Also I forgot to say that when I was testing, after the Ganon-knocks-away-your-nonexistent-Master-Sword cutscene, I hilariously tried to figure out ways to escape for like 15 minutes without even realizing FW was on B lmao

I wonder, would this work on 1.1 and 1.2 the same way?

Yeah, I was playing on VC when I tested it. afaik the only difference with the b button on 1.1 and 1.2 is that it puts MS on B after a savewarp IF you are adult link and you don't have it in the inventory.

Anyway, vid is processing.
You could probably also use this method to get BGS on B as child, and then just savewarp out of the ganon fight to keep it.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #811 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »

Farore's Wind Anywhere as Child:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVfaDDY3ix8

The video is unedited so I added annotations to easily skip around.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #812 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:27 AM »

Funny thought: Why didn't you just set a FW before wrong warping? Like maybe the Deku Tree dungeon entrance?

Also, I just realized that the Master Sword is flipped rather than 0'ed, meaning that entering the boss fight without a MS in your equipment screen actually gives you the Master Sword back.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:54:18 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #813 on: January 09, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »

Funny thought: Why didn't you just set a FW before wrong warping? Like maybe the Deku Tree dungeon entrance?

Everything but B-button and Ocarina are disabled because of Windy B.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2014, 01:48:51 AM »

Ah. Also Exodus found how to put any BA-able item on Child B https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QLm6GkWeE

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #815 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:16 AM »

Also, I just realized that the Master Sword is flipped rather than 0'ed, meaning that entering the boss fight without a MS in your equipment screen actually gives you the Master Sword back.

This is known. I believe it's used in the no WW route, and I've documented it in the Swordless Link thread.

Yeah exodus' method to do Child BA is obviously a lot simpler... heh. I didn't think that would work because I had misinformation about how Temp B works under certain conditions. That's what I get for testing stuff on VC instead of emu with MHS Tongue

I think there's a couple things in the Swordless Link thread that are wrong now actually. I should really just get around to making the page for it tonight.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #816 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:40 AM »

With Child BA, could you show the cucco lady the pocket cucco as child? I kinda doubt that works. Also what about other NPCs in the trade quest, like king zora?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2014, 07:40:18 AM »

Mp16 mentioned the Broken Goron Sword to me. I put the poacher's saw on B with cheats and gave it to the Carpenter with a bottle over the adult trade slot and bottle on a C button and this allowed me to get the Broken Goron's Sword to Child C. You can actually fill your C buttons with the Broken Goron's Sword since he will continue to give you more Broken Goron's Swords.

Mp16 said he was able to reproduce this on console.

Braid
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »

Mp16 mentioned the Broken Goron Sword to me. I put the poacher's saw on B with cheats and gave it to the Carpenter with a bottle over the adult trade slot and bottle on a C button and this allowed me to get the Broken Goron's Sword to Child C. You can actually fill your C buttons with the Broken Goron's Sword since he will continue to give you more Broken Goron's Swords.

Mp16 said he was able to reproduce this on console.

Wow, I didn't expect it to work! That's pretty cool. I'll update the RBA page.
keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #819 on: January 10, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »

Yes, the MS bit flip is used in the current no WW route to skip SSing into the Ganon cs.

Also, just saying that with child BA for fire and if we find a way to use mirror shield as child, I'm pretty sure we could complete all dungeons as child (never entering a dungeon as adult)
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #820 on: January 10, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

You can skip most of the mask trading sequence by putting bunny hood on b. The mask on b only appears for 1 frame so you need to talk to the running man the frame it is on, which is kind of difficult. An easy way is to mash the b button the simply press a. When you go back to the shop you'll get the Mask of Truth.

You need Zelda's Letter to show to the guard to open the shop. You also need the 3 spiritual stones to make the running man appear.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMfhSMD6lU
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:58:48 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #821 on: January 10, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »

You can skip most of the mask trading sequence by putting bunny hood on b. The mask on b only appears for 1 frame so you need to talk to the running man the frame it is on, which is kind of difficult. An easy way is to mash the b button the simply press a. When you go back to the shop you'll get the Mask of Truth.

You need Zelda's Letter to show to the guard to open the shop. You also need the 3 spiritual stones to make the running man appear.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMfhSMD6lU

When you get mask of truth like this, it doesn't unlock all of the previous masks to take out of the shop does it? Or are there just blank spots.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #822 on: January 10, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »

Yeah, the Skull Mask, Spooky Mask, and Bunny hood are blank spots. They are only unlocked by selling the previous mask.

BMC
Deku Scrub

« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »

I couldn't find information on how to actually hammer the 2-3-1 scrubs, so I made a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6DmBSQD6CBw

No idea if this is the normal way to do it, but it works. As a sidenote, I can trigger the scrubs from anywhere if I look at them but with camera away from them I need to be reasonably close, which I find odd.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #824 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »

Since it's possible to do Broken Goron Sword BA, it should be possible to get any item on B as adult now. It makes me wonder which ones you still can't get on B as child, since you'd have to WW to ganon twice to reach all the values that only the medallions byte can reach. Cojiro, Odd mushroom, and Odd Potion are probably still the most versatile, but I'm pretty sure there are still gaps in which item values you can get.

EDIT: Nevermind, there are gaps with broken goron's sword BA too. You can't delete the light medallion without consequence. These gaps might be filled by other trade item BAs though, not sure.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:53:45 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: