ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:42:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242157 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #780 on: November 24, 2013, 03:45:03 AM »

I heard from Nathan you could do the ladder RI softlock with WW RI so I decided to see if you could use RI to use items in the water.

So when you go into the water with RI, Link doesn't put the items away. So you can use them if you shield swipe. The first-person items also work while swimming.

You know this is kinda interesting because that's exactly what happens in Beta Quest, and I always wondered why. I've never actually checked if items are restricted in Beta Quest, now that I think of it...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:25:00 PM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #781 on: November 26, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »

In beta quest your scene setup is always set to 4, so you have WW RI at all times.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #782 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:21 AM »

So when you go into the water with RI, Link doesn't put the items away. So you can use them if you shield swipe. The first-person items also work while swimming. This wasn't possible before with RCE RI because you can't use the shield in RCE. There's a few more oddities that aren't really worth mentioning. Not really sure what uses this could have. Maybe there's some stuff in the water temple could be done without lowing the water, IDK.

Can you explain this a bit more? Are you saying we can use items like hookshot while swimming? How exactly do you do it and how is shield swipe related?

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #783 on: November 30, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »

To use items in water you jump in with them already in your hand and then shield swipe to use them. That is, you hold z&r, hold the item button and release r. The first person items work even while swimming, though the hookshot won't actually fire. You can get some very limited use of the hookshot without irons if you mash as you touch bottom.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »

Is it possible to have the 3rd sword slot highlighted in the inventory without having anything in it? I know that anytime you save with a non-sword item on B, it will reverse the bit for whatever sword slot is highlighted. This means you can delete or receive the Kokiri Sword, or you can delete or receive the Master Sword. I know you can delete the BGS/giants knife, but idk what it would give you if you don't have anything in that slot while it's highlighted. I don't think you can blank out that slot with RBA, and I'm sure whatever would happen wouldn't be that interesting, but I'm curious.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:07:04 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #785 on: December 05, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32rHj91jwQ

gg flameringer (yes this works in regular OoT as well)

obligatory "why didnt we think of this before???"

EDIT: Here's a video of it in OoT because I decided to record one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw2eUv11yhw
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:28:19 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Jbop

« Reply #786 on: December 05, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »

obligatory "why didnt we think of this before???"

obligatory "wtf is wrong with us?"

Because its OoT.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »

Method of killing a Big Poe without the Bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5oqEcAfBU

You'd figure this would have to be an old strat, but maybe not?
Jbop

« Reply #788 on: December 17, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »

Method of killing a Big Poe without the Bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5oqEcAfBU

You'd figure this would have to be an old strat, but maybe not?

The Metagame has advanced.

Because its OoT.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #789 on: December 17, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »

I wonder if there are any big poes you can kill with a superslide teleport.... You should get on that :p.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #790 on: December 21, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »

I set FW in Ingo's minigame, and then exited the minigame, and I couldn't see the warp point from outside the corral, but I could when I went back in. Does the minigame take place in a separate scene, or do different scene setups affect where the warp point is shown or something? Also, when I warped back to the FW point from outside, Ingo was standing outside the corral instead of inside. So I guess FW doesn't save the actors' positions? Or is Ingo's position based on the gamemode and whether the minigame timer is active?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #791 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:36 PM »

Does the minigame take place in a separate scene
No, nor does it take place in a separate scene setup. The horse racing minigame does however take place in a cutscene setup, much like the horseback archery minigame.

Do different scene setups affect where the warp point is shown or something?
They shouldn't I would think.

Also, when I warped back to the FW point from outside, Ingo was standing outside the corral instead of inside. So I guess FW doesn't save the actors' positions? Or is Ingo's position based on the gamemode and whether the minigame timer is active?

Farore's wind only stores coordinates and temporary switch/collectible flags. Ingo's position is based on some value recording the state of that minigame or something. I think Cloudmax might know more.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #792 on: December 21, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »

The horse racing minigame does however take place in a cutscene setup, much like the horseback archery minigame.

So you if you die in the Ingo horse riding game, or set FW and return to it, could you then hover out of the corral and go through a loading zone? Would the loading zones act differently at all kinda like horseback archery?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #793 on: December 22, 2013, 04:25:09 AM »

So you if you die in the Ingo horse riding game, or set FW and return to it, could you then hover out of the corral and go through a loading zone? Would the loading zones act differently at all kinda like horseback archery?

Each scene setup defines what exits are what. From a quick glance at my exit tables, the scene setup defines it's exits properly

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #794 on: December 23, 2013, 07:18:09 PM »

Apparently being on fire penetrates your invincibility while on Epona, so fairy RCE doesn't have to be frame perfect. Not particularly useful, but cool I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: