ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:19:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242761 times)
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »

Uhh... Apparently re-posting old tricks is all the rage right now.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
TomNook120
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »

Uhh... Apparently re-posting old tricks is all the rage right now.
Which of mine are old? In everywhere I look I haven't found the 2 I posted
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »

I think he was talking about lifting the archery guy, that trick is super old

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
Fruity
Deku Scrub

« Reply #498 on: December 10, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »

Cutscene Compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X_0e87FuTM
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #499 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:13 PM »

That is older than isg >_>

I'm gay
Swordless Link
Regular Guay

« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »

I found that you can delay cutscenes by pressing the ocarina button mid-sidehop over and over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP221K2-8QU

<%Swordless> Klyde is just trolling
<KlydeStorm> ^
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2011, 12:43:21 AM »

I found that you can delay cutscenes by pressing the ocarina button mid-sidehop over and over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP221K2-8QU
I've done this only I figured it was old ^.^

kyled103
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #502 on: December 20, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »

The only video, or at least method, I've seen for getting past the red ice leading to the heart piece in the ice caverns was through a bomb jump slash clip and I had a hard time getting that clip.

Found a simple setup for supersliding past it. Definitely useful for max%, but also perhaps bingo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsMccvJPoeI
zodiac
Regular Guay

« Reply #503 on: December 21, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »

The only video, or at least method, I've seen for getting past the red ice leading to the heart piece in the ice caverns was through a bomb jump slash clip and I had a hard time getting that clip.

Found a simple setup for supersliding past it. Definitely useful for max%, but also perhaps bingo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsMccvJPoeI

thats pretty sweet

theres a pause buffer for the js but i assume its slower as long as you hit the ss first try
Samura1man
Regular Guay

« Reply #504 on: January 01, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »

Shadow early with one bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TflpMlh1Zro
DJS
Regular Guay

« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2012, 02:02:26 PM »

dunno if this is usefull or if u guys already have an better angle or whatever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC4Sje884Lg

im a torch slug
Samura1man
Regular Guay

« Reply #506 on: January 28, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »

Bomb Bag early with damage boost
Might be old, but I didn't saw video anywhere.
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »

Bomb Bag early with damage boost
Might be old, but I didn't saw video anywhere.

Yes it is old, but thanks for putting a video up.
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »

I've never posted anything on this thread before, but I think I found something that (if I'm correct) the OoT community may or may not be interested in.

The past week or so I've been testing bomb drop rates under a given variable and have taken a bunch of data. One of them is really interesting I think, and might be important.

The variable I tested was how full your bomb bag is while you cut grass. Here's what I found:

Zero bombs in bag at every cut
Bushes cut: 2400
Total bomb drops: 318
Drop percentage per bush: 13.25%

Notice that this is pretty much exactly twice as much as Runnerguy's calculation. This is mainly why my interest was peaked, so I tried it with one drop in the bomb bag:

5 bombs in bag at every cut
Bushes cut: 1200
Total bomb drops: 162
Drop percentage per bush: 13.5%

Still twice as much. Maybe my cartridge is haunted? So I tried it with a full bomb bag:

Full bag of bombs at every cut
Total bomb drops: 81
Drop percentage per bush: 6.75%

So now I'm pretty much exactly at what Runnerguy predicted, which made sense to me. But it's strange that fewer bombs gave more drops, so I tested with two drops in the bomb bag:

10 bombs in bag at every cut
Total bomb drops: 80
Drop percentage per bush: 6.66%

I thought this was interesting since it was pretty much exactly what a full bag would expect percentage wise, and from there I experimented a bit until I found a statistic I think is very interesting:

6 bombs in bag at every cut
Total bomb drops: 82
Drop percentage per bush: 6.83%

This seems to suggest that the average percentage chance that you'll get a drop from a bush is 6.75% until you reach 5 bombs left in your bag, at which point it doubles

Here are the important results:

Total average percentage drops per bush with 6 or more bombs in the bag: 6.75% (on the nose)
Total average percentage drops per bush with 5 or fewer bombs in the bag: 13.33%

Logically this suggests to me that the programmers set the chance per bush to 13.5% (being .17% generous to match what appears to be the trend) while you have 5 or fewer bombs, and had that value cut in half to 6.75% when you have 6 or more bombs. Might this be useful?

Supposing I'm right, if you're approaching a patch of 12 bushes with 6 bombs in your bomb bag and simply cut them, you will end up with an average of 9.75 bombs as a result. However, if you drop one bomb before cutting the grass, you will end up with an average of 13.1 bombs. Obviously, this scenario can be extrapolated to more complicated situations where the effect is magnified even greater (Lake Hylia in MST, for example), but this post is getting pretty long, and I don't even know if anyone will be interested in this anyway.

Important things to note about the data:

-The sample size for both averages is equal, and the total is 7200 bushes. Runnerguy probably did more than this, but my results were dramatic enough and consistent enough that I thought this was worth posting. Unless someone is interested in seeing if my results can be replicated, this whole post can be taken with a grain of salt.

-All of the testing was done on a 100% file. This means that each type of drop was available to come out of each bush, but my results still happened. I don't know if the fact that I had the biggest bomb bag changes anything. Also, all things in my inventory including arrows, rupees, hearts and magic were full.

-All of the testing was done at the graveyard with the main set of 12 bushes.

-Almost all cuts to bushes were done with "diagonal slices", by holding Z and pressing right before slashing. I also used crouch stabs and the occasional accidental quick spin.

-I didn't pick up bomb drops when they came out, I made sure to keep that 100% consistent.

-If you notice an error in my math let me know. I'm pretty sure it's right, but I've messed that stuff up before.

Anyway, I just didn't want to do all that running back and forth to get (what I think is) an interesting result just to not say anything. Hopefully someone reads this!

-Pewd
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:45:24 AM by poodleskirt » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »

Thanks for your analysis! I always did notice that when I had fewer bombs I got bomb drops more often.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: