ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:20:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% TAS finished!  (Read 10635 times)
Tryst
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »

Nobody has posted it yet, but here is the full run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8A4X_sNow

Their any% run on youtube is however spliced together when it comes to the encode itself. They never provided the actual input file, which is quite suspicious to be honest... But hopefully they are going to with this one, otherwise it too can't be fully trusted.
This 100% run is spliced, too. As a user commented on Reddit: "Where did the 14 deaths at 1:30:00 come from?"
Sniping117
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

When you record a TAS, you do it frame by frame and with save states on an emulator. All your inputs will be saved in a seperate file and in the end the whole run will consist of this single file. This input has to be provided to show that the TAS is legit, and if you do, there is no way to cheat either.

Their any% run on youtube is however spliced together when it comes to the encode itself. They never provided the actual input file, which is quite suspicious to be honest... But hopefully they are going to with this one, otherwise it too can't be fully trusted.

It is possible to edit the input file, as you can open up the file and view the input. Though when you edit it, depending on the game, there is a high chance that the run desyncs because of changes in the RNG and similar.

Why is this being taken so seriously though?
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »

Why is this being taken so seriously though?

One thing I can think of is that if you splice, the rng might be different. Splicing may give an advantage then.

I don't really care it is spliced. It is cool to see people doing such big projects. I do think it should specifically be mentioned in the description it is spliced.
nighthawkraven18
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 09:19:27 PM »

It does say that it'd spliced in the description, he added it after the release some time. And the rng manipulation wouldn't be much different since there's thousands of ways to manipulate the same effect in a tas
MoronicTAS
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »

All you need to know is written down in the description Smiley if not, just ask me and you'll probably get an answer Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: