ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: MM3D: Questions & Answers  (Read 26325 times)
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 06:34:14 AM »

Ledge clips are done by grabbing a hanging on to a ledge and then targeting on the same frame. To skip Ikana Castle, you simply need to let go of the ledge that zora link clipped into and then press B to do a jump attack which will recoil zora link back really far. Once you hit the ground after a couple of seconds, Do like 2 sidehops to the right, walk forward 5 steps, and then keep sidehopping until you reach the loading zone. If you get lost you can reference the castle which is above link to guide you to where you need to go.
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 04:44:16 AM »

I just submitted my best time, and the first run I recorded (and completed). Was wondering if there's a typical amount of time I should wait before expecting it to be verified (if it can be). I'm pretty sure it's verifiable since the 3DS and timer are on camera 99% of the time.

Also, how much time could French save over English? I mean, all the text can be made instant save for a few Giants text boxes. But those seem to all be rigged to take the same amount of time.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
weckar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 09:26:27 PM »

When it comes to Action Swap, I only ever see it used for 'fire arrows'. Are there any other items that could be ASed? What would be the determining factors?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »

You can do deku spear (infinitely long deku stick), store a ground jump, something weird with playing sounds which crashes the game I think, and I think that's pretty much it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »

Also, how much time could French save over English? I mean, all the text can be made instant save for a few Giants text boxes. But those seem to all be rigged to take the same amount of time.
It's a bit more complicated, some languages do this differently by using more than one letter for example. I timed the 4th Giant text a while ago which is where this whole damn language switching thing started... No one has bothered to test this further yet, but it should probably be done soon.

If you're interested about the 4th Giant timings I did, the order from slowest to fastest was:

Spanish (1:23)
English (1:20)
French (1:13)
German and Italian (1:11) (These are PAL exclusive languages and 99% of the runners are from US...)
Japanese (1:09)

Iirc I timed it from the remains grab to landing to ikana after the giants cs.

Despite English being slower, I still use it over Italian and German, just to not gain unfair advantage over others due to me living in Europe. Of course Japanese don't have this option, but you can just add or remove ~15 seconds to roughly convert times between them. It's a pain in the ass to swap languages on the 3DS and you get Spotpass news everytime you do that... Of course there are still those people who call it "free time save" just so they can get WR easier for giving themselves 10 secs more room for mistakes -_- (Essentially getting WR with poorer execution)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:45:55 AM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »

Please feel free to use whatever language you choose and ignore Toast's whining. All languages are official versions of the game and banning specific languages would be the silliest thing I've ever heard. If you have a fast version, please feel free to use it. Perhaps spotpass notification are annoying, but what wold be really annoying is having to convert times and say your run is faster than it really is. Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »

I'm finalising the low% route and I have 2 questions: can you use fire/light arrows wothout the quiver, and does losing your sword or shield count towards reducing the number of items in low%?

"I will marry Demo when he gets WR" - Iwabi74
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »

I don't know about low% rules and stuff, but i do know that using special arrows without quiver won't do anything, cuz you don't have a quiver lol, you won't have any arrows or buy/get any arrow drop Tongue
weckar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »

Is there a known way to overcome/override the "your notes echoed far..." message you'll get in certain places when playing certain songs? SoSing from places where you shouldn't could be a boon to me.
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 07:16:18 AM »

Is there a known way to overcome/override the "your notes echoed far..." message you'll get in certain places when playing certain songs? SoSing from places where you shouldn't could be a boon to me.

Where would this be relevant? I could only think of a few places this would matter. Milk Bar, Fishing hole (you wouldn't be here during a speedrun), certain buildings, Igos Du Ikana's throne room. It only takes around 10 seconds to get out of there. I doubt any sort of trick like this will be searched for much less actually used. Currently, there are no places in any route that we need to soar from that we can't soar in. We can even soar from inside bomb shop and inside the Ikana circus house.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
weckar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »

Top of clock tower comes to mind. I'm not sure what the effect would be; but knowing my RAM that timer is going to set SOMETHING off if it ends on a different map.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

How do you do epona clip into milk bar? I CAN CLIP BUT CANT GET LINK TO TURN TOWARD LOADING ZONE. I tried holding forward and nothing.

This is the only trick I cant do in this game. Frustrating!

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 10:20:04 PM »

You need to target in the direction you want link to turn before doing the trick and hold target the whole time, so when he gets off epona he turns around to keep targetting in that direction

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 10:59:17 PM »

You need to target in the direction you want link to turn before doing the trick and hold target the whole time, so when he gets off epona he turns around to keep targetting in that direction

I cant beleive so simple... got it thanks.

Syarris
Deku Scrub

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

Regarding the Any% route, can someone explain to me the "Second Circle Pad Pro Route Diversion" aspect of it? I assume it's faster because of the different milk bar clip so I guess I'm asking how does using the circle pad pro change the way it's performed and why can't it be done without it. And any other tricks where it might be helpful/different.
I apologize if I missed a link where it's already explained  Undecided

Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: