ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:37:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173997 times)
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »

No, this is done by all of the 3 forms, Human, Deku sword or Zora, when i found this out i was using Deku Link xD
Of course the reason he used was for the long jump.
So then let's call it Double Jump. :p
Btw, I frickin love you and the guys that discovered it and its use. It's soooooooo easy and way better than the other setup.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »

I discovered a new way of clipping OoB using the restricted items trick. Sorry if this is already been found, but again, It wasn't discussed on here.

Anyways:

So what you do is, turn into Zora Link and dive underwater somewhere that has a ceiling above your head (like a tunnel or platform). Perform the RI trick and put on the Deku Mask. Since there is no place for Deku to surface, he will clip through the ceiling above you and be at the same level as the water in the area you're in. This on it's own can skip a few things just by bouncing up through platforms or something.

But I further found something to go along with this. After clipping with Deku, you'll eventually run out of bounces and void out in some area but I figured out a way to equip the Zora Mask before he even starts bouncing. This can let you swim around OoB and could potentially lead to some skips.

The way its done is, once you put on the deku mask, don't press any buttons to speed up the transformation (dont know if it matters but w/e). Then the 1-2 frames Deku starts his bounce, press up and the button for zora mask. If done correctly, you'll turn back into Zora while still being OoB.

I tested this in Great Bay:

Zora Hall:

and Stone Tower:

In Stone Tower, it can be used to get on the bridge with the Eyegore and it's possible to clip OoB under the door with the Garo Master. I think this spot should be messed around with cause if an early Light Arrows was found, that'd be awesome lol
Could be used to reach loading zone of Gyorg the same way as the old 5 explosives way.

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »

So then let's call it Double Jump. :p
Btw, I frickin love you and the guys that discovered it and its use. It's soooooooo easy and way better than the other setup.

I think it can stay with the name imo, it comes from a thing from a while ago: http://youtu.be/oo1bkh3V0Uc
So that's why i came up just calling it jump slash animation cancelling, because you're cancelling the animation with something else, if you would to somehow use items after pressing a Mask in MM3D you can get "zombie hover" which it would be called something else then lol
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2015, 05:35:01 PM »

I think it can stay with the name imo, it comes from a thing from a while ago: http://youtu.be/oo1bkh3V0Uc
So that's why i came up just calling it jump slash animation cancelling, because you're cancelling the animation with something else, if you would to somehow use items after pressing a Mask in MM3D you can get "zombie hover" which it would be called something else then lol
I'm suggesting a different name because there's already a technique in MM and MM3D called Jumpslash cancel where u rotate the control stick to cancel the endlag from a jumpslash. The terms can get easily confused, u know?

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »

how about mask jump?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2015, 06:26:36 PM »

how about mask jump?
Sounds good. Gabe?

Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

how about mask jump?

Those are 2 words that should be in the name. I thought about Mask Jump Slash Cancel. (MJSC) I believe the definition should be the most exact possible so there's so confusion while still being unique.

Awesome find btw!

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »

I like keeping the name simple. Mask Jump slash cancel sounds too wordy. Mask Jump (MJ) sounds better to me. Just my opinion.

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »

I guess is up to you guys Tongue, i would say "Mask JumpSlash Cancel" or "JumpSlash Mask Cancel (or Cancelling)" because Mask Cancel also goes (for example) into cancelling ESS (if you do ESS position and press Mask button you transform cancelling ESS position without even stopping first like ess dupe). Its source (for me Keepo) will always be "JumpSlash Animation Cancelling" Kappab
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:23:00 PM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
ToxicPlaysStuff
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5rDtReHUM&ab_channel=PhilippBecker
Not my video, but I thought it was pretty interesting. I can't seem to replicate it though. And for people who can't do unbuffered gainers, this is my video for a consistent Clocktown gainer. It saves the time wasted going to the home menu to buffer it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTL8uR6_mG8
PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »

I need info about the 5th Day glitch..
First of all, what is it? And is there any use for it in a speedrun?
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2015, 09:03:11 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5rDtReHUM&ab_channel=PhilippBecker
Not my video, but I thought it was pretty interesting. I can't seem to replicate it though. And for people who can't do unbuffered gainers, this is my video for a consistent Clocktown gainer. It saves the time wasted going to the home menu to buffer it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTL8uR6_mG8

the angle flip is already known.

the slash hover thing is very interesting. I'll check into it later, maybe we can skip the whole gap.

edit: looks like a seam walk glitch
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:14:39 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »

https://youtu.be/SR7j44K7T80
Lol so this happened.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:10:19 PM by BigHairyFart » Logged

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2015, 10:00:02 PM »

Alright, we're naming it Mask Jump. Someone put the video in the wrong section, so there's already confusion with the name. I'll remove the edits on the Jumpslash Cancel page and put in a new page for Mask Jump.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2015, 12:13:01 AM »

I need info about the 5th Day glitch..
First of all, what is it? And is there any use for it in a speedrun?

If you read the post you quoted you'd have a basic understanding of it.

I don't have the savestates to analyse the glitch to confirm, but basically with MM things work like this:

You have 4 byte day counter. The intended day range is 0-4, where 0 is the day before you enter Termina, 1-3 are your main three days, and the 4th day is the Dawn of a New Day. Normally, even if you get into the 4th day, it's impossible to go farther than that since the 4th day rolls over back to the 4th. When you dupe over the Gibdo Mask and store Hot Water in that bottle, it speeds up time crazy fast for some reason, allowing you to shoot past the 4th day.

Now, to determine what day of the week it is, some things will take the current day variable, divide it by 5, then use the remainder to figure out what the current day is, while others use the day variable as is.

So the 5th day glitch is not necessarily glitching to the 5th day, but rather glitching beyond day 4 to where (day variable % 5) == 1, same thing as the New Day wrong warp.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: