ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 174073 times)
Player-1
Deku Scrub

« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »

Can someone explain how to do timestop with ocarina?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »

That snowball just grows in size based on the real day counter, rather than the day of the week then?

Oh also I was wondering, in normal MM have you ever gotten outside the normal 0-4 day range?
Goron Elder can only be seen in the snowball on Final Day in MM3D. No snowball on 1st/2nd Day in all cycles and his position doesn't change on day anymore (uses normal MM's 2nd Day position).

No, I never did. I think it's still only possible with cheats for normal MM. Sad
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2015, 05:54:23 AM »

I just had an idea. Wouldn't it be quickest to use Action Swap-Fire Arrow Deku Stick in the Woodfall room I mentioned? It seems like it would be quicker than the current way it's done and it would be quicker than the Deku Stick method I mentioned.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2015, 05:57:20 AM »

I just had an idea. Wouldn't it be quickest to use Action Swap-Fire Arrow Deku Stick in the Woodfall room I mentioned? It seems like it would be quicker than the current way it's done and it would be quicker than the Deku Stick method I mentioned.
If you mean the main room with the spinny flower platform, I tried, but he just shoots the middle of the torch without lightning it.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2015, 06:54:56 AM »

I'd say FESSing through the woods should be done, it's not too hard after some practice.
If I can do it, you guys ought to be able.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pTGV1zUkA&feature=youtu.be
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

Goron drown warps you to your last entrance in the original, and it can still be done in MM3D (except the area doesn't reload). When you're at an edge, go down to drown by doing quick flicks with the circle pad as your only movement, and be quick to let go when you drown. If done right, you'll be at your last entrance after two drowns. If your last entrance came from an owl warp, the area will reload and you'll be human. When I tried this in the Termina Field grotto from the Great Bay entrance, I respawned out of bounds.

Edit: This can be of use for the Zora moon dungeon in 100%.

Something like this you meant? Lel http://t.co/0DqztTnWAp
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

Something like this you meant? Lel http://t.co/0DqztTnWAp
The result is the same, but the method is not. It can be done quick with any ledges with Goron form alone and the drowns don't need to happen fast. Do a Goron drown and the game will position where you should be. Fall back in the water with very slight tap movements, and repeat once more (with as much delay as you want, it doesn't matter how fast). It will fool the game into thinking you fell in without making a movement (thinking you're stuck in a loop hence having to do it twice) and puts you to your last entrance as a solution.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:20:14 PM by Jeville » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »

I recently purchased a decent SD card (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-HD-Ready-Frustration-Free-SDSDXPA-032G-AFFP/dp/B007NDL56A) and have found that home buffering is far more consistent! Note that this is the only game I have loaded on this card.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2015, 01:44:25 AM »

Can someone explain how to do timestop with ocarina?
Just do normal timestop, but land right in front of a gossip stone.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:15 AM »

Okay, so I was in the middle of a practice run, and when I tried to use the deku sword, he pulled out a title deed instead... What would have caused this, because I'm positive that I did it correctly. I still had Kokiri Sword on Hylian Link from doing goron weird b, but deku got a title deed instead of GFS for some reason.

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2015, 07:12:56 AM »

When you're on Epona as Deku, you need to unequip the Deku Mask to take it off before you dismount. You need to dismount in Hylian form.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »

But that's what I did.

BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »

Did you use Zora to clip into milk bar when doing STT warp? Cause when I used Zora for that I also got a title deed instead of sword. Gotta use Link
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »

I didn't know that you could use Zora to clip into the milk bar. Thinking back on it, I remember Tatl telling me that I couldn't reach the horse after I transformed into deku. Would that have caused it?

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »

Small Clock Town timesaver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Okpu8L9ZY
Thank goodness that tower has two sides to it.
I'm thinking about adding this to the Clock Town on this site, but I wanna wait for someone to get a higher quality recording of it. I've added the jumpslash cancel section, but it would be good if someone got a better quality recording of the video I put on there, too.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: