Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions

<< < (2/79) > >>

thestickystickman:
Quote from: WiseHorror on February 20, 2015, 11:17:11 AM

Alright I'm posting this here even though there's no way to achieve this without cheats and has no apparent effect, I find it interesting.
So I was messing around with my Action Replay PowerSaves and found this curiosity.
I started a new save file and saved at the owl as soon as I was able to walk around Clock Town(1st cycle as Deku Link).
Then I activated all mask cheat and booted the game up again. When I talk to the Bombers as Link they give this ERROR message because I'm supposed to have the Bombers Notebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cerXhpLjU

I think that's to be expected, they couldn't tell whether you had finished whatever random event they were going to tell you about, so they just spat out a generic error message.

Jeville:
If they will never alert you with anything, it would be like the original game. Pretty cool.

CloudMax:
I found a way to get Bottle on B as Link and Goron. By doing BA with Links B Bottle you get the same effect as GnS did when doing GIM.
Game thinks you are on the first cycle so you get the first cycle Termina, in gear it says that you only have the ocarina and no other instruments, you can't use any of the instruments.

Start of by getting bottle on B as Goron.
To get Bottle on B as goron you dupe over the ocarina in curiosity shop. (Do collection delay, take out ocarina, put it away). Instead of overwriting the ocarina, it will overwrite Goron Links B item.
Now go to Honey & Darling and use Goron Transformation Storage.
As soon as the minigame starts, put the mask back in your inventory, this will transform you back to Link.
End the minigame.

You will now have Bottle on B as Link.

This would've been much faster if it was possible to do it with Deku Link, as you can easily get bottle on B for deku. (Just ESS dupe when you are out of magic)
The problem is that I haven't found a way to make link take off the deku mask during H&D, so we have to use Goron or Zora instead, and I don't think there's a known way to get Bottle on B as zora.

Segfault:
Quote from: mzxrules on February 20, 2015, 10:40:38 AM

MM 3D Wrong Warp table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VEn4pgibY-MYAC8ecQZxtyrsLXC9ogClDKiTmA66FlQ/edit?usp=sharing

Fantastic job! How did you manage to sort this out? Is it data pulled from the N64 version, or is there a good method for dumping 3DS memory data? It would be nice if we could actually look at what data the gibdo glitch writes so we can find a reliable way to WW.

The glitch is actually really reliable if you do it correctly. Simply kill Goth to turn the map into spring, save and restart the game. Start a timer the second you start the game, load your save, run to the hot spring and wait until the timer reaches 2:10. Fill the glitched bottle, play inverted song of time, fill the bottle again and run out. 10/10

WiseHorror:
I just found text storage with the previous ERROR message from Bombers that I uploaded I found that it actually stores the text that the Bomber was supposed to say, and so when I talk to the girls dancing the text then pops up. It also pops up when you talk to Tatl. It seems to only work on some NPCs' text. For example, postman and guard don't trigger the text to pop up for some reason.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJ1V7BQiXU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page