ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173540 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:06 AM »

Were you trying with the Hookshot/Bow/Deku Stick? Those ones don't work; Link just puts them away.

It was nice seeing transformation forms planting Magic Beans, heh. It never made sense that they can't.

Edit: I found another way for RI without the Pictograph Box; it requires a Deku Flower. Be Deku, equip an usable item then launch. While hovering, replace the usable item with an unusable one and you'll notice the button is not faded. You'll have to land in helicoptering mode and mash the button, because dropping will fade the button. I noticed this detail in the original but didn't get it to work.

As mentioned in the chat, this probably works in all scenarios where the items don't change usable because of current state. (I found the pictograph method with that mindset)
also, pretty sure he didn't mean using bow, etc.
you literally can't do it at all without pictograph (ii think thats the reason anyway)
thr usability does not get stuck on slots without it.
(it could be shoot A that causes this state)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:37:51 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »

I'm not sure I follow. The Deku Flower method not working without Pictograph Box? I tried it in the first 3-Day cycle without it and it was working, you just need the magic meter.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »

I'm not sure I follow. The Deku Flower method not working without Pictograph Box? I tried it in the first 3-Day cycle without it and it was working, you just need the magic meter.

I meant the other method.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 04:39:09 PM »

Fantastic job! How did you manage to sort this out? Is it data pulled from the N64 version, or is there a good method for dumping 3DS memory data? It would be nice if we could actually look at what data the gibdo glitch writes so we can find a reliable way to WW.

I extracted the data off of a ram dump. It's possible via an exploit in the web browser.

Considering the gibdo mask ww is time based, it's clear that the 64 bit timer is what's overwriting the important bit of data needed to trigger the ww.

I've worked on trying to bind the tested entrances to proper entrance indexes which you can see at my ww doc link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VEn4pgibY-MYAC8ecQZxtyrsLXC9ogClDKiTmA66FlQ/edit?usp=sharing
I noticed an oddity though: the WW test doc stated that Mayor's WW lead to milk road, when my data dump suggests that this should be impossible. Can anyone explain? Additionally, please check for errors.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ProfessionalRob
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »

If someone with editing privileges wants to change it on the front page, the trick to get into the graves early with a Goron damage boost actually works on any of the three graves.  Whenever you "check" the grave, Goron Link takes a step back, you just have to position yourself so you step back onto the sloped part of the grave when you check it.  Also for the Day 3 grave it helps to kill one of the two bats since it's right under their tree.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:05:33 PM by ProfessionalRob » Logged
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 06:44:51 PM »

I extracted the data off of a ram dump. It's possible via an exploit in the web browser.

Considering the gibdo mask ww is time based, it's clear that the 64 bit timer is what's overwriting the important bit of data needed to trigger the ww.

I've worked on trying to bind the tested entrances to proper entrance indexes which you can see at my ww doc link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VEn4pgibY-MYAC8ecQZxtyrsLXC9ogClDKiTmA66FlQ/edit?usp=sharing
I noticed an oddity though: the WW test doc stated that Mayor's WW lead to milk road, when my data dump suggests that this should be impossible. Can anyone explain? Additionally, please check for errors.

Would you mind explaining what the final page means?
SlaskPrask
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »

Does this only work with Gilded Sword? Because in a run you wouldn't have Gilded at that point, and I know the swords have slightly different hitboxes.

This one is much better and more consistent and works with every sword:
http://t.co/TtyXcmPOgd
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 04:10:46 AM »

Just a few things I've discovered so far. They probably were in the original but just in case they weren't, here they are:

A small timesaver when meeting Kafei. If you roll into the wall when you enter the backroom, you can target Kafei through it and talk to him.

An odd semi-OoB part in the mountain pass. Leaving a snow boulder near a large crack in the wall let's you roll up the wall. From there you can side hop up into the crack. Looks to be useless, but w/e.

BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:20 AM »

Wrath definitely, but with perfect quick spins against the wall Incarnation is easier to kill, and doesn't require constant mask switching.

If you do it right, after first arrow you shouldn't have to switch back til Wrath.

Also, I havn't seen anyone else do it, but you can get an extra hit in on Goht with fire arrows when he gets up to run again, they will still hurt him when he's moving if it hits the right spot
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:22:35 AM by BALDORF! » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 05:30:16 AM »

So since you can RI with Deku flower, I noticed you don't need an usable to make RI work, you can just switch it with an empty button and works, could this mean something with Deku + bombs = something big in cycle 1? O.o GG grezzo with the buttons and RI #Kappa
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 06:10:27 AM »

Iirc Gaby, someone a while back said something about being able to get bombs or something first cycle. Definitely something to look into.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »

It's simple, the Bomb Shop owner allows you to buy them as Deku. You cannot buy anything from the Trading Post, so you'll need the Deku Nut from the chest before the Termina portal in order to use bombs. Swapping with a blank button (I/X/Y/II) cannot work before unlocking nuts due to B being faded when in the air otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:35:20 AM by Jeville » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

Ohh, so you do need to get nuts, i was just trying in my normal file, i only had deku on 2 and bombs on X, nothing else, went into the flower flew out and when i swapped with empty Y it made it visible, didnt know is cuz nuts were on B xD
I've been trying out, long jumps, bomb recoils and stuff with Deku in ECT and SCT, no luck in any yet :\
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »

I skipped the elegy puzzle in stone tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0PixMOKKQ

This was the final piece of the puzzle for skipping elegy and mirror shield in any% thanks to gymnast for finding a way to skip the mirror shield in the mirror room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXbnjpya0s

This allows us to do a transition warp with gibdo mask BA in order to get to stone tower temple early and skip the entirety of stone tower!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Sebastian9kplus
Deku Scrub

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »

Wow! Loving the new RI method, I've tried it three times and succeeded three times; so easy to just hit L + the item. Easiest and fastest way to become FD Link anywhere Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: