ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:05:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Item Manipulation Discussion  (Read 32255 times)
Gutiger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 09:20:34 AM »

Indeed, but you need a bottle to do that method. I hoping to find a method without a bottle, in addition to the Deku Tree and Zora's Domain methods at current.
Oh well.
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »

I can't see the point to get a GIM bottle in bots since it's gonna be slower than the cuccos.... Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byt76ZqbZTs Here is a vid fot LA in botw tho. important fact: I didn't crashed in the vid, but sometimes I did on different save files, I don't think it's because of the camera but on what you have in your inventory (or the flags you activated maybe ?)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »

Made a significant discovery with GIM.

I found what was overwriting the get item's object file (which contains the data for the model Link holds up). It turns out that the title card that appears when entering a new area is loaded into the same slot in memory!

This is likely the reason why buying the an item from a shop before the title card disappears delays obtaining that item... the game has to wait for the title card to disappear before its safe to load the get item object file.

Anyway, knowing this I figured out that you could prevent loading the title card by simply warping in to a location using Farore's Wind.

What does this mean?

Well, if we can figure out a way to set the flag that gives an item when surfacing the water WITHOUT loading a new object file when performing GID, we could get this to work on N64 by casting FW in Deku Tree/BoTW, get a bottle from Anju, then return with FW and perform GID.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ZoraEggs
Deku Scrub

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

For those on emulator I found a way to at least not get it to crash when hitting the water and getting your item:
Backup and change links instance + 0x134 u32 ActorMain to 0, pick up item and change it back to original value.
Nethox
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »

For those on emulator I found a way to at least not get it to crash when hitting the water and getting your item:
Backup and change links instance + 0x134 u32 ActorMain to 0, pick up item and change it back to original value.

Less complicated (if your purpose is simply to play around with GIM and test stuff), go get the Slingshot and you can perform GIM with Deku Seeds (doesn't crash).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: