ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 05:54:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko codes for efficient VC practice (updated 07/03/15)  (Read 88680 times)
tenacioustomo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »

Yeah i have a codes folder and ive got other oot codes working fine, just not these that i downloaded here. is there anything you think i could try?
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »

By other OoT codes you mean Japanese ones?
You could try to edit a little bit (like removing something you don't need) with the 'codemgr'. But thats just a wild guess. I actually don't see any reason, why Gecko wouldn't find the cheats, if it recognizes them when using another file. IT should at least try to load them and fail...
tenacioustomo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »

Yeah other JP codes. and really i want the save location codes to help practice but i dont know what to do to get these working.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2015, 05:52:20 PM »

That's really odd. I have no idea what could cause that. I haven't tested the new codes yet, but I'm 100% sure Chain did, so it should be working fine. Maybe he can help, when he reads this.
tenacioustomo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 05:55:38 PM »

alright thanks ofr the help. Im a total noob at this and im just starting to learn codes.
tenacioustomo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »

Hey so i got the codes to work, all i did was delete all the codes from my codes folder and redownload them again. For some reason this worked so im not gonna question it.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2015, 01:33:30 AM »

Ok I made a few more codes. I just added them to the pastebin from before. Here

Codes:
  • Soft Reset: This will allow you to reload a file or change file, etc without having to reset and reapply cheats.
  • Instant Load: Triggers a load to happen. Reloads to your last entrance by default, or hold the warp code after to go where ever.
  • Set Warp v2: Just changed the entrance address.

Hopefully the updated warp code will fix the issue with it activating on it's own in dungeons. Instant load is better for warping as it resets coordinates when you load into the next area so you won't end up OoB.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:35:19 AM by Jimmie1717 » Logged
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2015, 10:37:19 AM »

Awesome thanks for that Jimmie, I've just added those codes and uploaded them for the rest of ZSR.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »

Cheatsheet should be up to date.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »

If you guys want to make a google doc for these like I did for mm just let me know, I can help set it up.
BasedKingPotato
Deku Scrub

Someday Speedrunner

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »

Jimmie, you can probably shorten the Set Warp v2 code by creating a lookup table with the 06 codetype in ram, then using gecko register operations to convert the rupee count received from 80F8ECB4 in to the address that points to a value in the custom lookup table.
That probably made no sense, but you can find more information from this page: http://gamehacking.org/faqs/wiicodetypes.html

Oh and if anyone's still interested, I'll look further into how to manipulate the camera, as I have woken up since I last posted a month ago.

EDIT: You know what? My explanation above is so confusing, I don't even understand it anymore.
Screw it, here's an improved Set Warp v2 code with my own improvements: http://pastebin.com/d8ZQXj3U
This hasn't been tested, so it may not work.

EDIT 2: This code won't do anything if the rupee count is 48 or higher. If you want to add more locations, change first line 06XXXXXX 00000060 to 06XXXXXX 000000YY, where YY is number of locations * 2 in hex, and change the 6th last line 2EF8ECB4 00000030 to 2EF8ECB4 000000YY, where YY is the number of locations in hex.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:29:32 PM by BasedKingPotato » Logged
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »

BasedKingPotato do you know of a good way to search addresses on console? I'd like to find the Wii Remote address but unlike the classic controller it doesn't seem to have a similar offset to majora's mask so I haven't had any luck finding it. The way I was looking for it is probably very impractical because I don't know much about how to go about it.

Basically I made a big code of 128 consecutive ifs looking for a specific button combination. Each if sets the rupee counter to a different value, then go in the game and press the buttons. Based on what the rupees is tells what address it was.
BasedKingPotato
Deku Scrub

Someday Speedrunner

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »

I have a USB Gecko, meaning I have complete access to the Wii's RAM and CPU. I can quite easily find addresses for button activators, as well as a whole bunch of other things.

That "Improved Set Warp v2" code should be functionally identical to the original, except that it only takes up a third of the lines the original did.

I've also been trying to find ways to manipulate the camera using hacks, but it's been quite difficult, as any changes you try to make to the camera position/angle variables are instantly reverted back to what they were, making no visible difference whatsoever. I'll need to dig through the code to find out how to properly manipulate the camera, so that may take a while.
HerosShadow
Deku Scrub

The Forgotten One

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »

I'm so lost. I've been at this for like 6 hours.

Ocarina of Time JAP v1.2 --- check
Gecko 1931 --- check
SD Codes Enabled --- check
Hook set to GC Pad --- check
NACJ.gct in "codes" folder --- check

I boot up the game with Gecko. It tells me that is has indeed found codes. But alas, none of them function. Why must every endeavor involving technology be this...errr...not straight forward for me? Help.

You're right. All the effort is pointless...
If you don't believe in yourself.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 12:54:47 PM »

Hook type should be default, not GC Pad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: